TM-FORUM

The TrackMania universal forum ^_^
It is currently 19 Feb 2017 13:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Trackmania Wii Crashing/Freezing!
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2010 16:15 
cyclist
cyclist

Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS,TMW,TMOdemo
Manialink(s): dont have one!
I have had trackmania for 2 weeks now, but there is a bug with it! On the trackmania snow editor, it freezes. You can play on it for about 2 mins, then it crashes. you cant go on the home menu, or the buttons on the wii and the wiimote dont work, so i have to pull the plug out! It only happens on the track editor, on the snow enviroment. It only happens on trackmania and not on my other games. I know my disk is NOT scrached at all!
I am annoyed with it because ive spent £30 on the game and it freezes. Am i the only one that this has been happining?

Thanks,
Johnquality.

Post subject: Re: Trackmania Wii Crashing/Freezing!
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010 23:40 
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMWii
Hi JohnQ,

I have tried making a track in Snow for you...I spent about 10 minutes making a random track and no crash/freeze. I have no idea why your copy is crashing, one guess is that the disc you bought is faulty. Unexplainable stuff like this is crap but it happens. Don't be frustrated, there's still a whole lot of game left to play, but if you really can't live without making a track in the snow enviornment then you may be able to return it, it's up to you :thumbsup:

This is going to sound really odd but I would just like to say thank you for this thread. Last week I was on an author medal hunt but got stuck on Stadium D4. I tried 100's of times but couldn't get near the author time and so I ended up just losing my temper and gave up with the game entirely...I booted it up to test your problem, thought I would try the track one more time and voila, I did it! So thank you :D

Interview with Alinoa of Nadeo
Unofficial Trackmania Trailer
Trackmania Wii Author Medal Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2011 20:12 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMW
It has happened to my daughter twice when building a snow track, haven't managed to work out what she was doing to reproduce it. As JonhQ says no freezes with anything else. Game is fantastic nonetheless :-)

P

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011 22:05 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMW
Mine crashes on the Snow editor, but I haven't used that one so much so can't be more precise. However it crashes constantly when using the castle road type on the rally terrain editor. Seems to be especially when 5+ levels up, especially if the split-level crossroads piece has been used, and especially when the piece I'm holding waves over a piece that's already on the board, although not exclusively to any of these three conditions. I had to pretty much save after every piece I placed, and reboot the machine four or five times to advance by one piece of castle. No problems with the other road types.

Making a track on the rally mode was so painful that after the first track I didn't go back to the snow one. Which is a shame as it restricts me to 4 of the possible 6 environments for track building, and makes an otherwise brilliant game feel seriously flawed.

PS: it's the same crash described above, no warning, just a sudden unrecoverable freeze that only holding down the power button will address.

PostPosted: 09 May 2011 18:12 
pedestrian
pedestrian

Owned TM-games: TMNF
I have not problems with TM on the Wii and I would initially think that it is because of the disc you got. Maybe it is already scratched or it just is faulty. Though, i have not used the snow editor that much so I may not be at liberty to comment on this one. I would just like to say that TM on Wii is awesome, my two cents worth.