Trackmania 2 Soundtrack Requests

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Leak
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Re: Trackmania 2 Soundtrack Requests

Post by Leak » 03 May 2010 22:56

budd wrote:You need something fresh that was made exactly for trackmania, like for example; sounds of cars roaring through the track, battling for 1st place, sounds of tires being skinned to the metal and of course some background music to it...
So basically IMUSE for Trackmania? ;)

np: EU - Snitch (Intelligent Toys 6.2: Make)
"I'm not anti-anything, I'm anti-everything, it fits better." - Sole

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, 2x ATI Radeon 4850 512MB, Creative Soundbastler X-Fi Platinum, 2GB RAM, XBox 360 Controller

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 04 May 2010 13:49

Leak wrote:
budd wrote:You need something fresh that was made exactly for trackmania, like for example; sounds of cars roaring through the track, battling for 1st place, sounds of tires being skinned to the metal and of course some background music to it...
So basically IMUSE for Trackmania? ;)

np: EU - Snitch (Intelligent Toys 6.2: Make)
LOL it'd be a good idea...if there was a singleplayer story somehow weaved into Trackmania. :-P Although I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon. Although Florent may surprise us...I did have an idea as to what the "backstory" to trackmania could be at one point...heh, if he is lookin' for stories, he could hit me up. ;-)
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

metoxys
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: O,SX,N,NF,U,UF,DS
Manialink(s): metoxys

Post by metoxys » 04 May 2010 19:25

I am against TrackMania having a story line (because that would cause TrackMania to be like Need For Speed and I don't like Need for Speed that much) and I am also against posting it here because it's offtopic :P
United TMX nickname: metoxys
Online login: metoxys
Manialink: metoxyscolor>

Get Dropbox
Get TrackMania

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 05 May 2010 03:03

metoxys wrote:I am against TrackMania having a story line (because that would cause TrackMania to be like Need For Speed and I don't like Need for Speed that much) and I am also against posting it here because it's offtopic :P
No it's not...cuz it's either gonna be that or a section for RPG tracks that would actually make having IMUSE for Trackmania worthwhile...<_< Think about it, meto...why else would you use it? There's no changing action, nothing to interact with in the enviro since all cars are ghosts, and it's just one race at a time--often less than a minute in length.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

budd
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by budd » 05 May 2010 12:44

yea ok, we're thinking too much ahead and what could happen is that an original idea could be expanded to such measures that it will loose it's freshness and it would then become just another fail game that the world is already full off.

A sequel will always have to be better then the previous game otherwise it wont sell (download :P) even if the designers are familiar with this problem they often solve it with background stories and such, they give you new aspects of the game instead of additions to the older parts of the game that lured people in - in the first place.

This will be a tough challenge, because (in my oppinion) TMF is already the best multiplayer racing game ever invented. There is no formula to creating sequel games there's just a line between the original aspects with it's original gameplay and new ideas that result in a different way of gameplay (gaming experience). If you lean too much on the first part you wont create a new game but just an update to the previous game and if you lean too much on the other side you'll create something new that probably wont have much in common with it's ancestor, that could result in loss of interest in the new game from the community.

Think of it like Rambo V, Stallone declined to take a part in the movie strictly because it would be made just to make some money instead of producing another quality film.

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 19 May 2010 08:27

if they would ask me to do a few tracks, I'd dig in my memory of video games that I found had the greatest music and create compositions that mash up and lean to the concept of trackmania.

I think about the music from a super nintendo game called axelay, wich has a very poppy sometimes jazzy feel but mixed with an exhilerating pace. I love the original F-zero music which has very catchy melodies and invites you to just race further and faster.

The idea is to mix these old genrese we know so well, and make it recognizable but it all can have a bit more tech and grunge nowadays.

I put a few of my studio experiments on my music page and they arn't all equally suited for the game. I mean they weren't specifically made for trackmania. Only "chasing fragments" and "nitrophonica" were made for racing in mind.

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

TecWeed
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMUF

Post by TecWeed » 19 May 2010 13:31

Where can I have a listen to your music?

Alter-Fox
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMO TMS

Post by Alter-Fox » 11 Jun 2010 16:59

"Something Different" by Verran Eventide (give it a listen here http://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?t=17026).
IMO the "Instrumental Mix" at the bottom of the post is the better version. It still has his singing, but the background is real instruments instead of synths. It's also longer.

And "Red Dew" by R.a.M. Land aka Pumo (get it here http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/201433)

I'm a musician too, but my music is generally too quiet to be heard over the sound FX in trackmania (though my songs are intense).

BTW Blahitis - I loved "Sands of Dimbala" ever since I used it on an island night track (the track itself wasn't that great, but the music made it good.)
Friend and ally to cats of all stripes, whether I like it or not. :)
Check out my original music @ https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com or look for Vertigo Fox on soundcloud and in other places.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 16 Jun 2010 08:04

nadeo might have a music producer.

http://www.myspace.com/kalisoundwork

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 03 May 2011 22:36

ah, and about mux and mp3, it would be cool that nadeo sports regular mp3 too BUT it was cool for me to put my music in mux format so it was somewhat having a DRM-ish barrier against blatant copying because some of those are for sale now.

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]