How much are you willing to Pay?

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: How much are you willing to Pay?

Post by Xymph » 10 Nov 2009 23:41

BLaHiTiS wrote:I always wondered why trackmania was so cheap. The first one I payed around €50 I think because I ordered it from the focus shop and it had transport costs. (I was a die hard fan from the first hour so I wanted my copy in french!".

It should cost like a good new normal game costs here (€49). Well, TM is a first rate franchise now.
I'm not sure what your pricing reference is, but I'd never call €50 "cheap" -- for any game.

And what's more, European gamers are charged in Euros what US gamers are charged in dollars. Current case in point: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 launching at USD 60 over there and EUR 60 here. With the current exchange rate, European gamers are in fact charged USD 90. :shock: That's not just unfair, it's almost extortion. :evil:
Publishers are bleeding European gamers, and it's hard to believe so many are putting up with it. Personally I refuse to buy any game for €50+, I'll just wait for a sale or the general price to come down in time.
But I'll admin that it helps that I still have five and a half games on my to-play pile, and little to no time to play them. :)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4

Post by NANI » 11 Nov 2009 13:40

LOL most of us are saying about the 50€ but imagin if its sold at 75€-100€ it wild shock many people :lol:
Hey! :D :3 This Is An AwEsOmE P0st :3
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScorpionNani<=MyYouTubeZone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73WhjmyFo<= my Animation Video

qb-tim
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO+, TMSX, TMUF
Manialink(s): qb-tim

Post by qb-tim » 11 Nov 2009 17:22

NANI wrote:but imagin if its sold at 75€-100€ it wild shock many people :lol:
:ftw: NO WAY! That's more than a double-dvd hard-core game costs here in Germany. I've never seen a game cost more than 60€ here - except for some blockbuster games which started at up to 80€ but dropped to around 50~60€ very quickly...
visit my manialink: qb-timcolor>

Leak
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Post by Leak » 11 Nov 2009 20:39

Xymph wrote:And what's more, European gamers are charged in Euros what US gamers are charged in dollars. Current case in point: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 launching at USD 60 over there and EUR 60 here.
While I am in no way, shape or form interested in that game, it's listed at 39.99 UKP retail price at Amazon.co.uk, and it's sold for 29.99 UKP currently, which comes to about 33 EUR + shipping...
"I'm not anti-anything, I'm anti-everything, it fits better." - Sole

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, 2x ATI Radeon 4850 512MB, Creative Soundbastler X-Fi Platinum, 2GB RAM, XBox 360 Controller

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 11 Nov 2009 22:34

It also sold for 12-13€ in Russia - i have that confirmed from more sources

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 11 Nov 2009 23:21

Leak wrote:
Xymph wrote:And what's more, European gamers are charged in Euros what US gamers are charged in dollars. Current case in point: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 launching at USD 60 over there and EUR 60 here.
While I am in no way, shape or form interested in that game, it's listed at 39.99 UKP retail price at Amazon.co.uk, and it's sold for 29.99 UKP currently, which comes to about 33 EUR + shipping...
Yes, the UK is an exception for that title, as apparently major chains started a price war on it against Activision's wishes. But in the Netherlands and the rest of Western Europe, the official launch price is €60 as far as I know. And that's also the price on Steam. Individual shops and chains may of course offer discounts, e.g. down to €50-55, but that's still way more than $60.
Tom.CZ.73 wrote:It also sold for 12-13€ in Russia - i have that confirmed from more sources
Well, that's an entirely different market, incomparable to Western Europe.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 12 Nov 2009 00:01

Xymph wrote:
Tom.CZ.73 wrote:It also sold for 12-13€ in Russia - i have that confirmed from more sources
Well, that's an entirely different market, incomparable to Western Europe.
Yep that's right. Truth is that there is no regional restriction so if you want 47€ and you have friend in Russian you can do it

Leak
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Post by Leak » 12 Nov 2009 10:50

Xymph wrote:the official launch price is €60 as far as I know. And that's also the price on Steam.
Considering that the EUR price on Steam almost always equals the USD price in value it's just the usual Steam-y shafting of us Europeans... that's why I only buy games on Steam if they're on sale.
"I'm not anti-anything, I'm anti-everything, it fits better." - Sole

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, 2x ATI Radeon 4850 512MB, Creative Soundbastler X-Fi Platinum, 2GB RAM, XBox 360 Controller

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 12 Nov 2009 11:24

Yep Ubisoft continually fail to set Steam prices. Mayority of Ubi games are 49% more expensive in EU then in US. There are some few Ubi games which are 124% or only 17-24% more expensive.

I think I will preorder at http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/home.html . I bought there few games includuing TMu and I am fully satisfied with their services

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 12 Nov 2009 11:37

Leak wrote:Considering that the EUR price on Steam almost always equals the USD price in value it's just the usual Steam-y shafting of us Europeans...
Yeah, but Valve doesn't set Steam prices, publishers do.
Leak wrote:that's why I only buy games on Steam if they're on sale.
Agreed. :)

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 12 Nov 2009 18:09

One word: EBay. I know, that there's the potential of getting a hacked copy that the serial's already been used in, and then you're out, but I got my copy of TMU for USD $8, still in the original shrinkwrap with case and everything--UK version. So it came to about 16 dollars, I think, all told with shipping and such. But still, that was a GREAT deal. And when TM2 hits EBay, if I haven't already gotten it, that's where I'll look. :thumbsup:
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4

Post by NANI » 13 Nov 2009 10:02

Trackmaniack wrote:One word: EBay. I know, that there's the potential of getting a hacked copy that the serial's already been used in, and then you're out, but I got my copy of TMU for USD $8, still in the original shrinkwrap with case and everything--UK version. So it came to about 16 dollars, I think, all told with shipping and such. But still, that was a GREAT deal. And when TM2 hits EBay, if I haven't already gotten it, that's where I'll look. :thumbsup:
IDK, also they can also fake key and stuff can't they? :?
I never trust bidding sites, i preffere buying them original and official :wink: no mater what costs... :thumbsup:
Hey! :D :3 This Is An AwEsOmE P0st :3
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScorpionNani<=MyYouTubeZone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73WhjmyFo<= my Animation Video

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 13 Nov 2009 10:55

It's hard to not trust if such sellers have hundreds of possitive feedbacks - usually over 98%

It's not just about bidding, it these cases it's more about buying-out

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 13 Nov 2009 20:39

NANI wrote:I never trust bidding sites, i preffere buying them original and official :wink: no mater what costs... :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
Support Nadeo - Buy official.

:lovetm
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze