Don't upgrade to last server build, bug: too many players...

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Don't upgrade to last server build, bug: too many players...

Post by Bueddl » 13 May 2009 22:26

Hi all,

I think there is a bug in the new server realease. If the server is full, there can join much players more than allowed. The server var "maxplayers" DON'T incrases with the current player count.

I had to close 6 servers today, everyone of them had installed the newer version.

It is not sure, but to preven that we have to close your server, please do not upgrade for the next days, and wait, until there is something from the official site like xbx or slig.

If you noticed the same problem, that on your server are too much players ( I think it has somethign to do with the plugin autoqueue ) then please post it here and post if you upgraded to last server build.

(please do not post if you have a questlist active^^)

It coudl be that I am wrong, but I wont to prevent that we have to close more servers, so it would be good to wait for a statement of xbx ;)

Cheers,
Bueddl
Last edited by Bueddl on 15 May 2009 18:18, edited 2 times in total.

Greco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: Don't upgrade to last server build, bug: too many players...

Post by Greco » 14 May 2009 08:01

I had join to some 100k roc servers and we play 9 players and not 8 players. When i ask them the players told me that was a script bug. But i don.t know what version they use.
i don.t remeber they names because i had join default for fun.
But they were united servers

JuniorKick
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by JuniorKick » 14 May 2009 10:23

Ok Jungs jetzt hab ich aber langsam die Schauze voll. Es ist jetzt Donnerstag 12:20 und immer noch sind unsere Server auf 50 K zurückgesetzt. Wer wegen eines eigenen Softwarefehler mitten in der Nacht Server dicht macht muss auch in der Lage sein diese umgehend wieder freizuschalten zumal wir auch noch wie angeordnet die alte Softare wieder installiert haben.
Also los kommt mal in die Hufe!!!!!!!

OK Boys, now its time to reacting. The Server you have set down on 50 K still waiting. Your Serversoftware have a bug and you acting on 11 PM to close them and dont get them up til 12 AM ? Whats going wrong by you? We have install the old Software like you said and we still waiting for get back the 90K Server. Come on did your work boys

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 14 May 2009 10:39

Greco wrote:I had join to some 100k roc servers and we play 9 players and not 8 players. When i ask them the players told me that was a script bug. But i don.t know what version they use.
/version return the dedicated release (it's a dedicated builtin command, like /serverlogin)

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 14 May 2009 12:09

JuniorKick wrote:Ok Jungs jetzt hab ich aber langsam die Schauze voll. Es ist jetzt Donnerstag 12:20 und immer noch sind unsere Server auf 50 K zurückgesetzt. Wer wegen eines eigenen Softwarefehler mitten in der Nacht Server dicht macht muss auch in der Lage sein diese umgehend wieder freizuschalten zumal wir auch noch wie angeordnet die alte Softare wieder installiert haben.
Also los kommt mal in die Hufe!!!!!!!

OK Boys, now its time to reacting. The Server you have set down on 50 K still waiting. Your Serversoftware have a bug and you acting on 11 PM to close them and dont get them up til 12 AM ? Whats going wrong by you? We have install the old Software like you said and we still waiting for get back the 90K Server. Come on did your work boys
Okay, just a few words to such comments:

I deactived your server, cause of too many players. I also have to do normal things like sleeping and many other things. So please accept, that I do not look every 5 minutes for new mails just to wait for activatign your server ....

I know that this bug is very unfair and it is not good that players or serverhosters have to wait now for their reactivation, but we cannot change anythign at the moment, I already talked to Nadeo (xbx and legor) cause of this bug. And I also have many things to do, so please wait. We cannot handle 1000 things at the same time.

I hope you will understand...

Cheers,
Bueddl

THE-R4V3R
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMS;TMN;TMU

Post by THE-R4V3R » 26 May 2009 05:50

hi guys,

i have the same problems with the new server build. Now, is it necessary to downgrade the complete software back again. So i have to downgrade the dedicaeted server(2009-5-4) to the previous release and in addition Xaseco from 1.08 back to 1.06? Is it right?

Or is there another possibility like Slig wrote?

Plz i need your support

Greez R4V3R

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 26 May 2009 07:40

THE-R4V3R wrote:i have the same problems with the new server build. Now, is it necessary to downgrade the complete software back again. So i have to downgrade the dedicaeted server(2009-5-4) to the previous release and in addition Xaseco from 1.08 back to 1.06? Is it right?
I'm afraid so, XAseco v1.08 will not work with an older TMF dedicated version than 2009-05-04. But rest assured that Nadeo is working on a fixed dedicated already.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub