RoC tracks

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

JohnSinclair
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU

Re: RoC tracks

Post by JohnSinclair » 11 Aug 2009 16:29

Bueddl wrote:
However - let me try to check this and give the serveradmin a little time to change his mappack. It woudln't be fair just to close. Just image what you would say if you were the admin of this server...you were not happy if I would close an dsay then "too many maps" ;)

So I first inform him. If the problem stays to next sunday - I will close :)

Cheers :1
Bueddl
Well,i dont't want to close the Server because of too many maps,but (that's important !) if you explain,15 Maps should be the Maximum during Roc Time and one or some Ladder Moderators don't check regular the Roc Servers (around 34 Roc Servers for 5 Ladder Moderators should not too much work for your teammates) for that Limit you talked about,i think no one really care about your (?) advise.By the Way,it's not the first week,this Server is running > 15 Maps (break a rule ?) during Roc.So it's time to stop this as soon as possible ! It only take a few minutes for you or other Laddermoderators to check.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 12 Aug 2009 12:52

In my opinion, it is better if people can learn the maps before if other ones can. The goal is to be correctly fair.

So, I am ok to put a limit to 14 maps to RoC servers and that we wait a little for this to be respected.

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 12 Aug 2009 13:26

Thansk for your statement here. So, this is now clear, let's wait 2 weeks or 3 (I will try to inform the roc-server admisn which I know in that time) :)

GAS.Panos
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM2

Post by GAS.Panos » 04 Sep 2009 10:15

If the maximum limit is 14 maps, what is the minimum then ?

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 04 Sep 2009 10:50

I think a good united player should be able to play on all envs on the same lvl, not only one or two. So i would guess 7 for united rocs, to get all envs played? Because i don't like island or coast only rocs.

But this is only my opinion and nothing that is confirmed by the officials. :?

JohnSinclair
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by JohnSinclair » 20 Sep 2009 15:49

Bueddl wrote:Thansk for your statement here. So, this is now clear, let's wait 2 weeks or 3 (I will try to inform the roc-server admisn which I know in that time) :)
Well,after 5 Weeks nothing happens.Today there is even no Referee 'installed' on this server during the Roc Time and still over >30 Maps

Where are the Laddermoderators ? As i said before,no one cares :grmblz: :ftw:

Who need Rules made by Nadeo if Laddermoderators on Vacation :roflol:

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 22 Sep 2009 17:27

You are right, I did not check this the last weeks, but I also do not know, what the ither ones did.
We will see this sunday, I will check them all and warn the admins on the servers which will not have their servers regarding the current rules..

Back to topic: I was not able to validate the maps for roc since 2 month now, then before 3 weeks, someone hacked my root for the maniaworld project, at the moment known as manialinkhost, where also the site with the maps was hosted...

So you see I am still busy in doing other things and hope I soon can come back to you and tell you some better news^^

JohnSinclair
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by JohnSinclair » 18 Oct 2009 15:52

Well,after 8 Weeks still nothing happens. :grmblz:

Still over 30 Maps during Roc Time and again this sunday no referee on this Server.

Dear Roc Admin's,

just do what you want.Throw Maps on your Server as much as you like.Set your Playerlimit as high as possible.Your Choice to install a referee or not.No one cares here. :scene: Even the so called 'Ladder Moderators' don't really care about your Roc Server.So feel free to make your own Server Rules :roflol:

Feel free to do anything during the Roc Time.You have nothing to fear :3

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 19 Oct 2009 10:02

We are going to add the rule of ROC tracks number in the player page and I will send a PM to ROC hosts after. Other servers than The Rookie Highlevel server are not respecting this rule, which is quite normal because this has not yet been formalized. So wait again a little for this to be respected :wink:
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 19 Oct 2009 13:04

Ladder servers rules have been edited in the player page. So the ROC have now a limited number of tracks : 14 maximum.
I'm going to edit my first post.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 19 Oct 2009 14:25

only 14 tracks at a server which is visited by same players always and never changed tracks makes no sence at all.
so this rule is kinda stupid for me.

anyway, about referee*, normally it is running, but sometimes i have problems and it crashes. so it could be possible you can't see it anymore.
about maxplayers, i never had too much maxplayers.. even if it would......... there are no players atm at highlevel anyway :)
nobody in my clan takes the ladder points as too important :)
so no point for me to change anything cause i dont do anything against any rule, lets wait and see what the highlevel players thinking about only 14 tracks at all. lol...

*still need to run the damn ref at external windowless process. no way to implement it into server it seems.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 19 Oct 2009 16:04

Just to be sure....

that doesnt mean the Server has to run during the week with those 14 Tracks, right?

Because our Server is 60-90K with a complete different Tracklist Monday-Sunday

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 19 Oct 2009 16:16

Pesky wrote:Just to be sure....

that doesnt mean the Server has to run during the week with those 14 Tracks, right?

guess during the week you can have more/totally diff, but that's another point why limit to 14 tracks only is kinda useless^^
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

JohnSinclair
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by JohnSinclair » 19 Oct 2009 18:07

nouseforname wrote:only 14 tracks at a server which is visited by same players always and never changed tracks makes no sence at all.
so this rule is kinda stupid for me.
Stupid or not.Is that a good reason for you to ignore the maximum Limit of 14 Maps Weeks (!) ago posted here in this thread? Every RoC Server Admin has to respect this,even you ! I am sure,you read regular here and you just do....nothing !
nouseforname wrote: anyway, about referee*, normally it is running, but sometimes i have problems and it crashes. so it could be possible you can't see it anymore.
Well,it's your job to fix this.Around 3 Hours to setup/restart the referee should be possible ! Mhh,let me guess.No Admin/OP available during Roc Time to check your Server ?
nouseforname wrote: about maxplayers, i never had too much maxplayers.. even if it would......... there are no players atm at highlevel anyway :)
nobody in my clan takes the ladder points as too important :)
so no point for me to change anything cause i dont do anything against any rule, lets wait and see what the highlevel players thinking about only 14 tracks at all. lol...
AND AGAIN: YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THIS RULE OF MAXIMUM 14 MAPS DURING ROC TIME like all other Roc-Admins.WHO do you think you are ? No one really cares,what you or your Clanmates think about this Rule ! Respect it or shutdown your ROC Server
immediately !

It's dispensable your Server is full of Players or not.Your Server has to setup with the right Rules for the Roc Time even there are no players visiting your Server !

By the Way: No one said,you must play every Sunday with the same Tracks. What about Map Rotation every Sunday ?

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 20 Oct 2009 08:38

Just to be sure....

of course not, ROC are only opened three hours on Sunday and there is no tracks number limit for 60/90k servers.

@ JohnSinclair : Thank you for staying polite. More than 10 servers were running more than 14 tracks.