Upset About New System -- Why???

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

TheBrickYard
pedestrian
pedestrian

Upset About New System -- Why???

Post by TheBrickYard » 14 Nov 2008 06:55

Here's my deal: I'm 32, have a good job, don't have 24/7 to play. I'm damn good at this game. Been racing video games since Collecovision. I was at 82k when the "new system" started. I get over 80k ever weekend, but don't get to race much during the week. AND IT PISSES ME OFF!!!! Now there is a log jam for the good rounds servers. It costs money to open a ranked srvr for anyone w/ a decent rank to get pts, but nadeo's going to let everyone who plays constantly get high. I know, "your rank doesn't change". But all of a sudden there are all kinds of people trying to get into the same srvrs ALL the time, and i've lost places in my state to people I was destroying. This new system is BS. Give us something better!!!

TheBrickYard
pedestrian
pedestrian

Re: Upset About New System -- Why???

Post by TheBrickYard » 14 Nov 2008 07:02

basically what i'm thinking, is let there me more "ranked" rounds servers. Put up some more "nadeo" servers that people don't have to pay for. So that people like me don't have to spend an hour waiting to get on a server that we can actually get points on. I mean, I go on other servers and give some of my pts away. But at the same time, I want to be able to get some pts when I actually have time to play. If you're going to limit us, at least give some of us a place to play.

princemichi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: O, SX, N, NF, UF, 2

Post by princemichi » 14 Nov 2008 14:11

i wanna say only this: :thumbsup: !!!

Regards,
PRINCE

SL San
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by SL San » 15 Nov 2008 07:37

said already in former times: this new tm(u/n)f will hold not for a long time,
thus new name "Forever Dead", if then all know like it run

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Yorkshire » 15 Nov 2008 07:56

Hi,

I don't think it's too bad, it just needs a bit of tweaking:

1. More servers needed. This will happen pretty quickly now as more admins amass the required coppers.

2. The time slot for 100K servers is really bad. This needs to be amended to allow for good/great players who can't play during the current limited times.

Regards,

Nick.

eekcage
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by eekcage » 21 Nov 2008 18:58

drop my lot in here.

hey brick. its SAW nico

Many of our players are international.. ie Ozzy in Australia - he kills the tracks and is always Zzz in RoC times.

There also must be a way to counter this. i.e leave it the freak open. I agree with the coppers too, took many many months for a strong TMUF account team to accumulate.

ion the side I get 400 points in roc.. thought this was good and the 1k removed. This means we need over 1k in RoC times per week just to gain LP. bleh

Good races + game on for the love

tomsawyer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMUF x 3 :)

Post by tomsawyer » 24 Nov 2008 22:01

Yorkshire wrote:Hi,

I don't think it's too bad, it just needs a bit of tweaking:

1. More servers needed. This will happen pretty quickly now as more admins amass the required coppers.

2. The time slot for 100K servers is really bad. This needs to be amended to allow for good/great players who can't play during the current limited times.

Regards,

Nick.
i agree with your 2nd point yorkshire...
8 players.....16 spec....1 rot kick...100k once a week ....wait 1 and a half hours in queue, then get in when its a race you are not so good at and BANG you are gone again...
its a fecking joke NADEO and im really pissed off that i've spent over 100 euros on full game accounts for me and the kids....the game and ladder was far better before the update imo...
i appreciate alot of work went into the update...but for me the game is no fun anymore...
i get to 90k by monday evening, then make a bollix on sunday of one race....dont get enough points to get into top 100..and guess what i'm back to 89k again...
same shite every week....well for me at least i can now catch up on a few new games....
tx for the memories tmuf ....apart from the last couple of weeks it was fun....later all....i wont be back until the rules chage.... :|

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 25 Nov 2008 12:15

Then you're not fast enough or didn't play enough to get enough points to break into the top 100. Get over it...

Just pretend 90k is the top of the ladder then, I suppose.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 25 Nov 2008 13:42

Zooz wrote:.

nope, top1000 is "have a lot time to play, even more then some others which might be better"

top100 is "still have a lot of time but also got a lot of points in the 3hours RoC" which means u are not last in the round but also not necessarily the best all the time. of course u only can get more points then all others if u are better. but still the time matters more than beeing good. a good player have to have the time to play the whole time to be at the top and the best.
just my opinion. :)
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

princemichi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: O, SX, N, NF, UF, 2

Post by princemichi » 25 Nov 2008 14:00

Zooz wrote:Then you're not fast enough or didn't play enough to get enough points to break into the top 100. Get over it...

zooz, you be a dreamer! do you not see what happend with this game in the last month?? only the half of activ players are online, a lot of clans leve this game....thousands of players are pissed of.... do you think the best tm player expt. tmuf player are on top of this ladder?? i dont think so! or can you explain me, why players like carl, Frostbeule, bergie and co not on top???

this laddersystem brings NOT the best players on top and it sucks!!! finish!

have fun :thumbsup:

stupid ladder and gameadministartors......thats what i really wants to say!

bye
princi

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by wilameta » 25 Nov 2008 14:09

I like it.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 25 Nov 2008 15:23

Actually, this Sunday they hit a record number of connected TMUF players:
Florent wrote: by the way, we have just hit the all time record of concurrent united players.
So stop spouting your uninformed nonsense please.

Also, it may not bring the best players on top, but it sure brings better players on top than the old system did.

tomsawyer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMUF x 3 :)

Post by tomsawyer » 25 Nov 2008 15:28

Zooz wrote:Then you're not fast enough or didn't play enough to get enough points to break into the top 100. Get over it...

Pog Ma Thoin Zoos
there is always someone like you on every forum isnt there ..... :roll:

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s

Post by [RFR]DaD » 25 Nov 2008 17:11

Well, basically, they are turning the "top tier" aka people without a life, into tm's "pro league". they say its to keep the "boosting" down, but tbh i havent seen people doing that since the old TMN.

I was #1 or top 5 in AZ for a long time, then forever and the cap came out, and with my limited playing time, im lucky if im in the top 20 now. I complained about this since it began, but evidently Nadeo has made up their mind, so be it.

I am no longer concerned with the rankings...im at just over 50k (been there for months) and that is probably will it will stay. (no way im getting up at 2-3am just to get on the "special" servers).

Currently running a 0-60k and 2 20-70k servers, but the ladder as its set now will always favor the young europeans and thats just the way it is.

So have fun, try and make the best of it...i really doubt its going to change anytime soon.

Krotine!
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): I Dont Know How To Find Mine!?

Post by Krotine! » 25 Nov 2008 18:01

:thumbsup: :pil