Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

No-body
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Post by No-body » 07 Oct 2008 11:55

Florent wrote: You never lose your ranking. It is just the points that are stabilized.
How can that be true if im on rank 1078 with about 81800 points, and 30 minutes later after lunch i have 80300 points and rank 1312??????

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 07 Oct 2008 11:55

princemichi wrote:i hope nadeo will check this very soon, otherwise my clan will stop to play for ladder.
And? Then stop it.

As zooz mentioned, your rank on sunday evening hasn't anythink to do with your real rank.
So what will be, if you are place 90 and earn 700 points at sunday. But all players before you gain more ore equal as you and 30 players behind you are got more than 1,5k points. So they will jump over you.

Then, when the points are new calculated, you will run under 90 or equal 90k points, because there are only 100 players with more than 90k points.
That's the system as i understand it.

Funny thing is, that there are atm on tm-ladder 123 players with 90k+ points.
Let's wait for another points decrase^^

So just stopp the aggresive posts here and wait for an offical explanation of nadeo.
But if i were nadeo, i won't response at such post like yours, flash or pepe.

Think about it and have fun with the game :pil

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 07 Oct 2008 13:06

tcq wrote: But all players before you gain more ore equal as you and 30 players behind you are got more than 1,5k points. So they will jump over you.

That ranking is updated online at the moment, you and other players are gaining points as you race, and you go up or down in the ranking. If at 1950h CET i was 95 ( online updated rank ), how can others gain more pts and passed me ( because now i am 118 in ladder, and 228 in game :? )

Then, when the points are new calculated, you will run under 90 or equal 90k points, because there are only 100 players with more than 90k points.
That's the system as i understand it.

Funny thing is, that there are atm on tm-ladder 123 players with 90k+ points.
Let's wait for another points decrase^^

Only shows that it isnt working properly the ladder quotas system.

So just stopp the aggresive posts here and wait for an offical explanation of nadeo.
But if i were nadeo, i won't response at such post like yours, flash or pepe.

Think about it and have fun with the game :pil
Is there something wrong in my posts here tcq, for i dont be able to get a reply? omg.... :roflol: Im just trying to understand how is this thing working right now, since apperently nobody knows for sure that answer. :!:

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 07 Oct 2008 14:55

well for me the whole sstem isn't working well.

no rank losing??
only mondays??

on monday i lose 2500 points
today (tuesday) i lose another 1200 points??

my points droped from 83k to now 79200 almost 4000. thats a long time driving.
my rank droped from 1100 to now almost 2000.

i really dont care the ranking and the points to much, i know i never will reach the top 100. at least i wanna be able to play at my own 100k server. but if u play a game u always try to be the best. thats the sence of a game at all mostly, having fun and beeing the best.
for now that means i need again a lot of time (which i dont have cause i am working beside^^) to gain points and rank. which i had done before already. thats not really funny.

right now i am also disapointed about this system.
i think something should happen, lets wait and see to the official side. might be that i stop hosting ladderservers and driving for points. cause that system is destroying the fun for me.

i also think the main reason of the game is driving together, having fun together the beginners learn from the experts. all kind of driver playing together. right now it's something like a groupsystem which is splitting the whole thing into bad and good groups. of course even in the old system there've been top ranks drivers and beginners. and there've been also groups. but not made by the official side.

i also think it's possible to be very highranked just if u put a lot of time into playing the game even if your driving skills are not the best. so the result is, the top players could have good driving skills, but i guess they had a lot more time to play than others which could have better driving skills.

am i wrong??

well i know there've been cheaters before, and they are always at the top. i dont understand cheaters at all. but i can accept them, if they think thats there fun with this game ok.
for sure it isn't fun to repeat always the same level. which u have todo if u lose ranks and points.

no more so say right now. ;)
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

tomsawyer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMUF x 3 :)

Post by tomsawyer » 07 Oct 2008 16:21

well for me the whole sstem isn't working well.

no rank losing??
only mondays??

on monday i lose 2500 points
today (tuesday) i lose another 1200 points??

my points droped from 83k to now 79200 almost 4000. thats a long time driving.
my rank droped from 1100 to now almost 2000.

i really dont care the ranking and the points to much, i know i never will reach the top 100. at least i wanna be able to play at my own 100k server. but if u play a game u always try to be the best. thats the sence of a game at all mostly, having fun and beeing the best.
for now that means i need again a lot of time (which i dont have cause i am working beside^^) to gain points and rank. which i had done before already. thats not really funny.

right now i am also disapointed about this system.
i think something should happen, lets wait and see to the official side. might be that i stop hosting ladderservers and driving for points. cause that system is destroying the fun for me.

i also think the main reason of the game is driving together, having fun together the beginners learn from the experts. all kind of driver playing together. right now it's something like a groupsystem which is splitting the whole thing into bad and good groups. of course even in the old system there've been top ranks drivers and beginners. and there've been also groups. but not made by the official side.

i also think it's possible to be very highranked just if u put a lot of time into playing the game even if your driving skills are not the best. so the result is, the top players could have good driving skills, but i guess they had a lot more time to play than others which could have better driving skills.

am i wrong??

well i know there've been cheaters before, and they are always at the top. i dont understand cheaters at all. but i can accept them, if they think thats there fun with this game ok.
for sure it isn't fun to repeat always the same level. which u have todo if u lose ranks and points.

no more so say right now.
nice post and i agree with what you say.it was as if i was writing it myself.
the fun side of the online game gets worse the more you climb the ladder.if thats the way nadeo want it then fair enough but i dont agree with it.
you can hardly talk on the high servers as its rounds,and everyone is hell bent on doing record times.one mistake and they retire as they cant beat the record.
time attack would give people more time to chat, and a few more slots on the higher servers would be nice aswell.i'm basically stuck at 85k as it takes ages to get on a high server and as i work long hours i dont get time to wait for over an hour to get in.
whilst i'm here i,ll also say that a mixture of tracks is also more fun.why the restrictions on certain tracks.after about 10 competition tracks in a row it starts to get a bit monotonous.variety is the spice of life :) it also suits a certain type of racer.why should they get an advantage on the higher servers? hell,even the solo modes on united and nations (nadeos own tracks) have a mixture.so why not on the higher servers.
i would just finnish by praising the game as a whole.best racing game i've played by a mile.
i know also that i will never make the top places so i'm not bothered about that,its just that i thought i would add my thoughts to this debate.good luck all and have fun :pil
by the way ive bought the full version 3 times..1 acc for me and 2 for kids so no stupid comments about boosting and the other tripe i see written as responses to people who share my views...from what i can see there are plenty who share my opinion.....

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 07 Oct 2008 16:45

I think you're looking for the <50k servers. Those are for casual players. 50k+ is competition.

Muck-y
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN TMS TMO TMU-F

Post by Muck-y » 07 Oct 2008 17:01

I also don't understand the system now..

I was thinking I lose pts because I played on a island server xx - 80k server and had 80xxx pts. but since saturday I loose everyday around 1000pts. and I played on a 90k server since Saturday and made around 2ooo pts. Now I have 77xxx pts.

Does nadeo testing the ladder?

If not, What is the the system, how does it works at the moment. Today I was on FIX II server - 90k and all ppl are confused like me??? :?: :ftw: :?:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 07 Oct 2008 17:07

They were probably doing some major points adjustments to fit the ladder quotas: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=17282

There were way more than 1100 players with over 80k points so they had to catch up a bit with lowering their points. I doubt it'll be as extreme next time. For every players that goes in, one will be pushed out, but this time there were too many players in to start with, so there was lots of pushing out to be done.

Muck-y
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Muck-y » 07 Oct 2008 17:40

Zooz wrote:They were probably doing some major points adjustments to fit the ladder quotas: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=17282
hm ?? ok, I can understand this system, but not the reason why. Doesnt matter.
Zooz wrote:There were way more than 1100 players with over 80k points so they had to catch up a bit with lowering their points. I doubt it'll be as extreme next time. For every players that goes in, one will be pushed out, but this time there were too many players in to start with, so there was lots of pushing out to be done.
but ^^ only 1100 players?
hm, so they will push down, all players like me and we would reach -70k, if its going like this, and we wouldn't be able to play on the favourite server like me, because the pts limit on it. In my opinion its the wrong way.

So good luck falks to make pts.
My statistic at the moment is, if I play and reach 10 pts I loose next day 6 pts from my earned 10 pts e.g..
:1 so I get pts :D rofl

only if I play everyday more than 1000pts, I love it. :D
it goes better and better

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 07 Oct 2008 17:50

Try reading my post. It won't always be this much points loss, only now because they started doing it.

And yes, only the best players can be at the top, not every single player, that's how ladders work, I thought.

Muck-y
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Muck-y » 07 Oct 2008 18:02

Zooz wrote:Try reading my post. It won't always be this much points loss, only now because they started doing it.

And yes, only the best players can be at the top, not every single player, that's how ladders work, I thought.
I understand this zooz :D but at the moment its funny :P

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 07 Oct 2008 21:09

Google-translated statement by Florent on the French forum:
hylis wrote:
the system was off for two-three weeks is also why the loss of points was more severe
So as I said, it had to catch up a bit, it'll be less extreme next time.

Milenco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by Milenco » 08 Oct 2008 06:54

According to the new TM-ladder I got my rank 98th back with 90.042 points. Seems Nadeo was right after all. Now there truely are only 100 players with 90k-100k LP.

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 08 Oct 2008 09:07

Zooz wrote:Try reading my post. It won't always be this much points loss, only now because they started doing it.

Correction: only people who can spend 3 hours in front of the computer and haves nothing else to do in a Sunday afternoon can be in the top of the ladder right now! I can be a top player, but if im busy on Sunday, i cant reach the top of the ladder, so this system is way off reallity. :(

HotSWAT
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by HotSWAT » 08 Oct 2008 12:05

rank doesn't really show that you're good anyway...just shows that you play alot (especially on the high rank servers)
i would prefer it if you lost ladder points when you came last...and the higher the group that you're in, the more points you lose.
e.g. 90k peeps lose 10 points if they come last, 60k peeps lose 5 points, 0k don't lose any.

because atm, the fastest racers i know are all ranked worse than 10,000...and all the people racing on these "pro" servers with their high ranks, they aren't nearly as good as their ranks portray.

just my opinion.
Case: Gigabyte Triton
Proccessor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 6400+ ~ 3.22 ghz
ram: 4gb ram 1066mhz corsair
GFX card: GTX 260 O/C'ed
HD: 750GB