Page 9 of 12

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 14 Apr 2009 13:49
by NANI
Well I think there a problem about the increase of people in the ranks...

because when i reach the 70k LP I was in the 11000 rank and a frend of mine was also in the 70k and had the same rank...but when it's like the top 100 in the world how is it done?

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 01:26
by weerwolf1
=THC=Flash wrote:
lowfly wrote:Besides I play for 2-3 hours almost everyday & it's not like I never make the Podium.
Infact I do make the podium plenty.Whatever!
If what you say is true, then you should try to play on Servers that will give you more LPs, against players that have a better rank than you, and that way the points you gain should be enough so you can go up in the Ladder quite easily. The system is quite easy to understand in fact, you must get more points than those you loose on Mondays to at least maintain your rank! 8)
Yeah, got 80K+ at one moment, went to a server with all top 10 players, got kicked because they said i did not have enough points :-S
*GOOD SYSTEM* - not in my opinion. I think the highest servers should be managed by nadeo self. Too many servers needed to handle? change the numer of max players to reduce number of servers needed.

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 06:08
by tcq
Next time take a screenshot of that Server, so the server checker could handle this.

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 09:26
by =THC=Flash
Yep, that is clearly a rulle violation from that server. You should take a screen shot of that next time, and post it here, so the server moderators can take proper actions regarding that abuser server. :thumbsup:

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 12:01
by Zooz
Hmm, I've been on various servers with top10 players and never saw that happen. But warn a ladder server moderator (with proof preferably) when that happens, it is quite illegal.

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 10:08
by Cypher03
My only concern with Ladder is how much LP you lose on Monday mornings. How is that calculated?

I'm always backup to 90k by every weekend. Sometimes I don't play RoC because I don't wake up at 7am on Sunday. Like 3 weeks ago I didn't play and lost 1750 LP. Last week (still backup at 90k) I didn't play and lost something like 2050 LP.

Is there seriously 300 more people tied at 90k now that 3 weeks ago?..

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 10:54
by =THC=Flash
Cypher03 wrote:My only concern with Ladder is how much LP you lose on Monday mornings. How is that calculated?

I'm always backup to 90k by every weekend. Sometimes I don't play RoC because I don't wake up at 7am on Sunday. Like 3 weeks ago I didn't play and lost 1750 LP. Last week (still backup at 90k) I didn't play and lost something like 2050 LP.

Is there seriously 300 more people tied at 90k now that 3 weeks ago?..
That is calculated with a Nadeo formula, in order to maintain the announced quotas. For example, if you start your RoC race with 90k LPs, you must get aproximatly 1400 LPs so you can stay in top 100 after the points reduction on Monday. :thumbsup:

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 17:38
by Zooz
Saying "approximately X" is useless because it might suddenly be a lot more or less one week.

It depends on how many players go over the quota limit and by how many points. If it ends up such that the 101th player has 92k points, it will be adjusted to 90k for him and everyone in the top 100 will lose that amount of points too to make sure there are only 100 players over 90k again (the quotum).

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 08 May 2009 10:58
by NANI
Florent wrote:We have started again the procedure of point normalization yesterday. The procedure is new.

The program is currently scheduled to operate on Monday. It will assure that the number of players in each range is stable:
90K-100K = 100
80K-90K = 1000
70K-80K = 10K
60K-70K = 100K
50K-60K = 1M

You never lose your ranking. It is just the points that are stabilized. It is done to assure that ladder climbing can always be done at the same pace. The table is updated on the Monday morning because of 90K-100K that are moving on Sunday.
because when i reach the 70k LP I was in the 11000 rank and a frend of mine was also in the 70k and had the same rank...but when it's like the top 100 in the world how is it done?

RANK stays the same..NOT

Cause the Rank is automatic...It is giving by the amount of Lp we have


That shows that if I and a guy have the same LP amount we have the same rank...Don't really agree with the system

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 08 May 2009 12:30
by TMN
NANI:
RANK stays the same..NOT
Yes it do.
Take a look at the ladder. before and after monday morning.

Lets say im rank 50 on sunday morning. and i have 94000 points.
i play ROC on sunday and i win 2000 points., then im up to 96000 points.

Rank 49 plays also this sunday and he got 94500 points when
he starts to play. and he only gets 1000 points this sunday. so
he have a total of 95500 after this sunday.

now on monday morning, we all loose.. let's say 1500 points
then im down to 94500 points. and the player haveing
rank 49 down to 93000 points.

So now im better ranked then this player, cos i gained more points
this sunday. If none of us have been driving he would
still have had 500 points more then me...

The same is for the rest of the ladder..60k -> ? i think..

Shady.

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 08 May 2009 13:34
by NANI
TMN wrote:
NANI:
RANK stays the same..NOT
Yes it do.
Take a look at the ladder. before and after monday morning.

Lets say im rank 50 on sunday morning. and i have 94000 points.
i play ROC on sunday and i win 2000 points., then im up to 96000 points.

Rank 49 plays also this sunday and he got 94500 points when
he starts to play. and he only gets 1000 points this sunday. so
he have a total of 95500 after this sunday.

now on monday morning, we all loose.. let's say 1500 points
then im down to 94500 points. and the player haveing
rank 49 down to 93000 points.

So now im better ranked then this player, cos i gained more points
this sunday. If none of us have been driving he would
still have had 500 points more then me...

The same is for the rest of the ladder..60k -> ? i think..

Shady.
1-Today my rank go up 500 without losing Lp
2-When i lose LP i always gain rank (2000LP lost - 2000 ranks up - every monday)
3-When we have the same LP we have the same rank it shows it is automatic, so it confirmes that the rank depens always on the LP(gaining or losing)...


I think is diferent for the >90k LP

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 08 May 2009 14:43
by marcus_17
1-Today isn't Monday. You only lose LP from Sunday to Monday.
2-And you have this rank all week? If yes then you played better than 2000 players.
3-Did someone said that rank is calculated some other way?
I think is diferent for the >90k LP
No it's not.

BTW. don't quote post just before you.

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 08 May 2009 14:56
by TMN
NANI:
1-Today my rank go up 500 without losing Lp
2-When i lose LP i always gain rank (2000LP lost - 2000 ranks up - every monday)
3-When we have the same LP we have the same rank it shows it is automatic, so it confirmes that the rank depens always on the LP(gaining or losing)...
1. that is normal if you get points today.
2. the is cos you have played one week and got more LP then 2000 other players.
3. yes, the rank is from the LP, but not from how much you gain or loose, its
from how many LP you got, and how many LP the rest of the players got.

There are also another reason why this may be frustrating, and that is
your rank VS other players is not updated until monday. "i think"

So i show you a sample.

On sunday i play ROC

i have about 94000 and im rank 50.
rank 49 - 94100 PTS.
rank 48 - 94200 PTS.

So i play ROC on sunday and in first round i get 100 pts, i now see my rank as 49.
next track i also get 100 pts, and now i see my rank as 48.... and so on..

But what i dont see is that player with rank 49 also win 100 pts, and player with rank 48,
maybe getting 50 pts..
So even if it looks to me that on sunday after ROC is finished that i have rank 35, this
is actualy not entirely correct.. cos it have not calculated the other players points.

So the rank calculations is not LIVE.. it done on monday..

that is why it might seems little strange to someone..


I hope im right :S not 100% sure, but this is how i see it..

Shady.

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 12 May 2009 10:22
by NANI
Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I went to the game and saw my Lp redutions but the good news is that my rank finally stayed the same :thumbsup:

I think its gona be better to play now :thumbsup:


thx NADEO


cya :pil

Re: Ladder reducing points, rank is the same

Posted: 13 May 2009 18:46
by subversa
I still have the problem. I gain points and when i login again my points were reduced. And my rank is the same, but when i win points win a server my rank downs to the LP i have actually. When will the problem be fix?