Some changes for the 50K+ servers

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

anthrax002
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMN

Re: Some changes for the 50K+ servers

Post by anthrax002 » 29 Aug 2008 12:11

=THC=Flash wrote:And i will keep trying that hard work of trying get in a 80-100k server next Sunday! LOTS OF LUCK NEEDED! :pil
new waiting script gets "introduced" this sunday, normally we can play sunday xD :3

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 29 Aug 2008 12:51

sdl wrote:Hey i have changed the settings in dedicated_cfg, and made the donation for a 0 - 60k server at http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladderserver/. But in the server list my server is still show as 50k.

What else do i need to do to get it right, or do i just need to be patient?

Thnx.
Have the latest version of the dedicated server ^^ (check toolbox forum)

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TmUnited

Post by Takashi » 29 Aug 2008 12:52

Yes , cool.

But what happens is somebody in last "wait" place , leaves the server at the end of a round , and comeback in?

Certainly nothing ... I used this trick last week , and it worked already ..

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 29 Aug 2008 17:30

Takashi wrote:Yes , cool.

But what happens is somebody in last "wait" place , leaves the server at the end of a round , and comeback in?

Certainly nothing ... I used this trick last week , and it worked already ..
What do you mean by that? Are you talking about the Queue Plugin?
inactive, sorry

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TmUnited

Post by Takashi » 29 Aug 2008 17:55

The plugin itself is a good idea , and i'm totally agree with its utilisation.

But the fact is if you are last in the queue , you just have to leave the server , and comeback directly as a player ... If you have the timing , it will work like before -without the plugin- i think ;)

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 29 Aug 2008 18:12

Takashi wrote:The plugin itself is a good idea , and i'm totally agree with its utilisation.

But the fact is if you are last in the queue , you just have to leave the server , and comeback directly as a player ... If you have the timing , it will work like before -without the plugin- i think ;)
If you manage to do this in one second it may even be possible, because it should only take a maximum of one second for the plugin to release the first players from the queue, if some spots get free.
inactive, sorry

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 29 Aug 2008 19:51

f*ckfish wrote:it may even be possible
Nope, I don't think it is, the forced spectators seem to be using a player slot, so the server is overfilled and it's impossible for anyone to join in Play mode, unless there are no spectators.

doom2008
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TmO-TmS-TmU-TmuF

Post by doom2008 » 03 Sep 2008 21:01

Why do that server with only 50 000 on ladder can enter on server , this is really a bad thinks for the new gamers , i hate this and i whant to say it !

How can the new games to get more points on ladder if the player in right ladder enter on server closed for the new gamers ??

I hate this !! :grmblz:

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 03 Sep 2008 21:04

Pardon?

sdl
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by sdl » 03 Sep 2008 21:42

Zooz wrote:
sdl wrote:Hey i have changed the settings in dedicated_cfg, and made the donation for a 0 - 60k server at http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladderserver/. But in the server list my server is still show as 50k.

What else do i need to do to get it right, or do i just need to be patient?

Thnx.
Have the latest version of the dedicated server ^^ (check toolbox forum)
Sorry my bad, i was using an old config file. Fixed now, thnx anyway.

Mikey
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mikey » 21 Sep 2008 00:52

*80k-100k Suggestion

Could nadeo divide the world into 3 zones Europe/Asia/Americas and give permission for a lesser number of 80-100k servers to be run at an appropriate local time. Otherwise players outside europe have much less opportunity to play.

As it is in asia they run from 2:00am to 7:00am (give or take for zone variation)
In america it would be 7:00am to 1:00pm (give or take for zone variation)

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s

Post by [RFR]DaD » 21 Sep 2008 16:43

Well, lets see, I bought United for myself, i bought United for my son, I bought United for 4 of my friends....Its a damn good thing we all play for fun... (all of us are stuck on 50000 LP)...otherwise, I might have some serious issues with all the crap you have to put up with just to have a higher laddered server. I guess the fact that we host public servers that easily hold 50 people and attempt to just have a good time and a FAIR place for people to play is totally missed by whoever keeps adjusting these ladders.

Granted, our servers run Laps (no provision whatsoever for that) and are open 24-7 (not just at 1-4am, on one day of the week). So it appears to me that Nadeo has propped the Ladder up for only those people who have no other life than to play a game so they can have a top Ladder rank...freaking sad.

I know there have been a ton of hacks recently, we have suffered through our fair share of them, and within a week of a new dedicated, some idiot comes in with a new beta hack.

So at this point, KEEP YOUR STUPID LADDER SYSTEM, we will keep our servers as they are, and be happy that we are all 50K+ players (who thanks to this stupid point system will stay that way), and leave the top ranks to all who just want to be Elitist and/or Hacks. (not saying all are, but what is Nadeo really telling us with all this one way BullSh*t?)

Now alot of the Nadeo guys have been on our servers quite a bit on occasion, and in know way am I trying to make this personal, but come on, THIS IS IN NO WAY A FIX, OR TO MAKE FAIR, A TOTALLY CORRUPTED LADDER.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 21 Sep 2008 18:43

you fail at understanding the ladder, congrats

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s

Post by [RFR]DaD » 21 Sep 2008 19:07

well, after reading the multitude of threads, its apparently obvious that i dont understand (like 99% of the players). I'm not going to complain anymore I promise. I've been playing games that have "ladders" for over 12 years, and no one has ever been able to get it right, so like I said, I'm not blaming Nadeo Zooz, as at least they are trying to do something about it.

will there ever be a solution that is fair to all anytime soon, probably not, but i admit they are trying. i just dont think they have found the answer yet.

The real problems with the ladders as they exist remains with the Nations players who hack/cheat - they are impossible to ban, as they just create a different account and come right back in. IP banning is an option, but with proxies and isp's that don't use static ip's, its not much of one.

We are currently collecting coppers from the 2 teams we support and run servers for, and we will try and open more higher ranked servers (having a 100mb/100mb fiber optic connection helps greatly), so we will see what happens.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 21 Sep 2008 19:11

The 50k+ ladder is for competition, the rest is for casual play. Those who don't like the rules almost automatically fit into the casual play part. The problem is that they still try for the top despite not liking it...

Cheaters are a problem in every game. I hope Nadeo can get another dedicated server update out soon. And I hope that servers start running referees more, since they detect these cheaters. Although usually they make it so obvious that you don't need to do any detecting.