Ladder : Boost comes back?

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Resurrection
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: Ladder : Boost comes back?

Post by Resurrection » 03 Aug 2008 23:04

People advised me to PM them so I PMed them to Alinoa :D

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 04 Aug 2008 11:25

Today i saw in Top 25 World something that is very strange and conserning: =NOY=SLEEPER haves 8 accounts in top 25, all of them with 90k pts!! Anyone can explain this to me and all players, how it is possible? Nadeo? :pil

Daddy_mfX
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMn, TMuf

Post by Daddy_mfX » 04 Aug 2008 15:08

what you dont understand? he opened a 70-90k server and dont respected the rules/boosted
nothing more, nothing less

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 04 Aug 2008 16:23

Daddy_mfX wrote:what you dont understand? he opened a 70-90k server and dont respected the rules/boosted
nothing more, nothing less
What about the "Big Competion Tracks"? And the "No pw protected server"? They must have Nadeo approval to open a 70-90k server, so, what kind of control does Nadeo make to prevent rulles abuse? My question is a rectorical one, everyone knows how they are doing it, question is: How is it possible with so many Nadeo rulles, and suposed control? Hope Nadeo act quickly on this, and remove all pts earned by this people!! =NOY=Sleeper haves 8 accounts in Top 25 in the World?! :roflol:

Daddy_mfX
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMn, TMuf

Post by Daddy_mfX » 04 Aug 2008 16:42

well, in the real life you can also do lot of things that are agains the rules... but you have to count with a punishment for those things
it never will be an "utopia", where everybody will be correct and fair... there always will be stupid and cagey people, that will try to find the "easiest" way, even if its not ok

its like in the RL: if you see that someone is stealing a car on the street, what will you do? if you wanna do the right thing, than report it to the police...if noone will do it, than they wont know about this

so: if you see a boost server > report it! thats all

proezler
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TM

Post by proezler » 04 Aug 2008 17:00

Another problem you dont see is that Sleeper boostet not only his Accounts but many other accounts of NOY too... Audi for example is such a noob driver never ever having 80K + Pts. They boostet all NOYs accounts...there are many more which you dont see. Again NOY **** up the ladder like they did in old game. Even if they reduce all Points of Sleeper to 0 there are still many other NOY accounts which are boostet up in the 80K area. Manuuu for example has also 4 or 5 Accounts in TOP80K. He never played that.

The system sucks until now. Hope Nadeo makes it better. Perfect they can never do.

For me it seems like, that NOY hacks the ladder again like they did in old game, because there are no boost servers online. Maybe invisible but i dont think NADEO wouldnt recognize invisible 90K Server... if so, they would fail in their own system. For me this is ladde hack again like in old game. I know a hacker which knows how they hacked the old ladder. He did it once to test if it works on TMN ladder and it did. I guess this system they use again in TMNF. Its like they manipulate the PTS on Master Ladder server. If ya want I can ask the hacker I know how they do it exactly and mail the report to NADEO. They can nearly do everything with the hack. For example hacking PW. The Hacker (i dont say the name of course ^^) for example mailed me a list with 1000 PW he hacked of 1000 Accs in old TMN. I still have this list to proof that. And so did NOY again and again. Remember the big hack when 70 % of TOP100 in TMN where hacked ---> was NOY!!! Remember NOY Audi and BCM boostet up 4 ACCs to 1.000.000 PTS in 4 days --> NOY. I wouldnt wonder if they hack all NOY to 100.001 PTS ^^.

So my tip to NADEO: Make the ladder not hackable. If ya want i can give you the adress of the hacker i know...he could maybe help you to prevent them from hacking. Ensure no Ladder (wether the OLD one in TMN, nor the new one) is hackable. Thats the first step. And after that, do ensure that boost gets impossible with strict rules and carefull watching for servers. Or just delete the fu**ing ladder and lets play for fun and Map records. Make a Map record system and make a ladder which shows that one with most records on chosen maps.

Last Tip: Eliminate the NOY clan. They always where a thread for the TMN / TMNF community. Punish them hard.

Over and out

mitttig
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMN TMS TMNF TMUF

Post by mitttig » 05 Aug 2008 19:36

wilameta wrote:One more possibility..........
Could be only one driver playing different profiles.
I don't know who the best drivers are but i know SMiie is good and if he applied himself he could get that many profiles that high very quickly.

1Why would someone do this?
2Maybe to raise their team's rank.
3Maybe to raise their country's rank.

If I were that good I would consider it just to help raise USA above the lame 13 spot. :wink:
4 for selling accounts

ps have NOY no homepage??? or cant i see
I have listened to racemaniak

prosser13
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by prosser13 » 05 Aug 2008 19:58

proezler wrote:If ya want I can ask the hacker I know how they do it exactly and mail the report to NADEO..

If ya want i can give you the adress of the hacker i know...
Of course we want!

spiun
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by spiun » 05 Aug 2008 20:04

Hey, what can I say...

I guess I suck :)

Actually I have another guess. Having less wins/draws (and losses) doesn't really mean someone is boosting. I've noticed that new players get a better chance to quickly climb the ladder. I started racing a few days after TMNF was out so naturally the ladder was much slower back then...

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 05 Aug 2008 20:43

Yes, there are more points in total, so there are more points to be gained too.

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by wilameta » 06 Aug 2008 00:44

Yes, the win/loss/draw numbers don't mean much.

When I started playing I didn't even knoe what LPs were let alone how to get them.

I have started another account just to see how fast I could climb the ladder and in less than a week I am at 50k. And remember I basically suck. :mrgreen:

proezler
road tourist
road tourist

Post by proezler » 06 Aug 2008 05:07

I made a Boost Report for all ACC having 90K or more. Under these PTS i didnt take the time to do.

Watch here -->
Boost Report:

edit: i donno what is ACC DHANY rank 26. The WIN LOST Ratio is too hard, but if anyone knows... tell me... i will edit picture. Could be Sleepers Account too. No idea. The ACc has the exact Maniazone like Klax ACC... so i think its boostet too.

edit2: Rank 54 nickname clony is KLAX Acc too. Same Maniazone too. And now we have all 12 Boost Accounts. Countet?
8x Sleeper
3x KLAX (KLAX ON, DHANY and CLONY)
1x FAKE NEN Account
----------------------------------------------
=12 Boost ACCOUNTS (12 Slots for 90K Server --> So they thaught it would be recognized that much...get it?)

Moreover watch the Maniazones... and the WIN LOST of all ACCs... its nearly the same in all accounts.

edit 3: Rank 57 is KLAX Acc too. Nickname her is BLUFF --> Again same Maniazone.
BTW remeber back when sleeper boostet once up to 70K? It was the same nicknames of KLAX Acc

edit4: And of course dont forget ACCs ranke 72 and 74.... both have 88.000 PTS and are of NOY NACIM. Boost too here.

edit5: Kill the NOY clan... they are just boosting noobs.

Resurrection
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Resurrection » 06 Aug 2008 05:36

Unfortunately I have to tell you that SoulMage has played with sleeper at night but hided his name... When I come back I'll post some screenies about it.

Oh.. and nice picture :P

tma
road tourist
road tourist

Post by tma » 06 Aug 2008 13:04

The whole password-stealing thing in TMN was not so much a hack as a ginormous blooper by Nadeo. IIRC, a folder with logs from the masterserver was freely available from teh intarwebs, and to make matters worse, your password was logged when you signed on. That particular hole has probably been patched up aeons ago, but don't give teh haxxorz more cred than they deserve :P The discovery of that folder seemed more like a lucky mistake than a hack. IIRC, the dweeb was even kind enough to post a screen on this very forum to brag about it - which of course made it instantly clear how the passwords had been obtained..

As for manipulating the ladder directly, I'll believe it when I see it. It may be possible, but I fail to see why anyone with the necessary skill-set would bother. It's not as if they gain any respect by doing it. In fact, outside of their own circle of co-boosters, I doubt as many as 1 in 10 players in the TM community has ever heard of NOY, CN, 4F, POWER or whatever, nor the soap-opera of your mutual exchanges of accusations and drama.. I have to say, I find it all quite hilarious...
It's far more likely they're simply doing a mild variant of boosting/multiplay. By playing multiple accounts at the same time, assuming you're half-way decent, it shouldn't be too hard to get 5 accts within top10/15 on a normal mini-server in the span of 5 minutes.

In any case, I hope the days of leniency are gone. Permaban ftw.

proezler
road tourist
road tourist

Post by proezler » 06 Aug 2008 15:36

tma wrote: As for manipulating the ladder directly, I'll believe it when I see it.
Trust your eyes in the picture below... this is the best proof of ladder hack in old TMN --> The Banditool Account.
And why in hell this hack should'nt be possible in TMNF too. I cant believe NADEO did something in other ways in new ladder server like they did in the old ladder server. Its just a question of time until NOY and 4 Freaks clan hack the new ladder again. And the result will be this: