Ladder : Boost comes back?

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TmUnited

Ladder : Boost comes back?

Post by Takashi » 29 Jul 2008 19:29

Well , i don't know exactly where I can post this , so I am sorry if it's in a bad place :)

Well , boost is a fight , but somewhere , somehow , somebody finds the way to ... boost :

Using tm-ladder site , I show you what I'm talking about :

First , there's my location , and the top 10 :

In this top 10 , there's only 4 non-boosters ... :
5th , it's me :)
6th , somebody I played with for days
7th and 10th.

Why I think they're boosters? I'll show you why :
There's my stats in the ladder , pretty normal for me I think ..

But now , let's check out first' stats :

I think there's a problem no?
It's the same thing for 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 8th and 9th ...

And for my case , I have a screen from 18 July , when I was first :
At this time , Noy's were 9th and 10th in the entire department , with 17.000 points of delay on me ...
Now , we are 29 July , and they have 5.000 points above , maybe they have 90k at this time ...

Normally I don't complain , but i'm sick and tired about them ... They are also Noy boosters in Romania :

And maybe there are some in Japan too ...
So call me paranoiac or whatever else , but I think there's a problem here ...
And what we can do about that?

Greets,
Takashi

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: Ladder : Boost comes back?

Post by wilameta » 30 Jul 2008 01:41

Hi Taka. :3

Unfortunately the only thing you can do about it is to post here and hope people read and agree and pressure the powers that be (NADEO) to do something about it.

For a different point of view, your stats to me might look like a booster to someone with my stats.

ѾĪĻΆмěでλ(2 week hiatus)
Zone path : World » United States of America » Ohio
Ladderpoints : 72 234 LP
World : 551 Wins : 23778
United States : 7 Draws : 20637
Ohio : 1 Losses : 20882

Maybe, those guys are that good (I like to believe people are honest at heart).
I've raced with you and know you're not a booster and I think that is the only way to know.
Even still, good drivers could be boosters. Skill has nothing to do with boosting.

In the end it really doesn't matter because if a driver of my limited skills can climb the ladder as high as I have as easily as I have then what does the ladder really represent? For me it shows how much time I put into winning points not my driving skills.

I suggest playing for fun with friends. It is a lot less stressful and immensely enjoyable. Look me up anytime because I enjoyed racing with you. :D

Keep up the good fight. :thumbsup:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 30 Jul 2008 01:51

The important thing is that they can't / don't boost above 50k points. They can do whatever below that, I guess, since there are no rules for it.

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Takashi » 30 Jul 2008 06:52

Maybe Zooz , maybe ... If you remember others posts here and here
I don't think i'm so wrong ...
Maybe, those guys are that good (I like to believe people are honest at heart).
Maybe Wila ... Maybe , but some of them come to play with us (in power forever , for example) and they were more than noobs , I know what i'm talking about , and someone else (my friend resu , if he read this , know what I mean :))
I've raced with you and know you're not a booster and I think that is the only way to know.
Even still, good drivers could be boosters. Skill has nothing to do with boosting.
But ... more than 17.000 Lp in just more than a week? In 60-90k it's clearly not possible ... Thx for feedbacks guys , but I surely know that I'm not wrong ... or paranoiac xD

P.S : Yeah good fight , but there's a fight only in one side ... :/

Edit : And Zooz , we played together if you remember , you know too i'm not a booster myself (I just suck in Island ^^) but there's ... (well , let's say this) boost , even higher than 50k ..

Daddy_mfX
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMn, TMuf

Post by Daddy_mfX » 30 Jul 2008 07:17

Takashi wrote:But ... more than 17.000 Lp in just more than a week? In 60-90k it's clearly not possible ...
its possible, i earned ~70000LP in 3 weeks in normal way, and i never played more than 3hours/day

but im not defending them, because i honestly dont know, if they are boosters, or not... and yes, its weird

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Takashi » 30 Jul 2008 07:24

Yeah maybe , in 0-50k you can grow up fast. But in 60-80k and 70-90k it's not the same history ... I play one to three hour per day , I do some good times , good places , but at least , I win 60 to ... 500 Lp per day ...

So 17.000 Lp (maybe 30.000) in 10 days , sorry , but for a normal player it's impossible , especially when you look every two hours at the server list , and you see no Noy & friends playing in my department ... :)

Edit : before a NOY post here or somebody else , I will keep myself clear :
I'm not accusating the all NOY clan. I know some of them are good players , like marius , manu , or sange (and maybe one or two more ^^). But the others are real sh*ts , and I mark my words. So don't complain me , I just report what I see..

SMiiE
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by SMiiE » 30 Jul 2008 10:35

dont know how skilled the noy players are, but its possible to get this points. e.g. i did around 5,000pts a day on the 60-80k server and on the 50-70k even 15,000pts once.
so it's really possible to do that points if you are skilled OR if you play 24/7 ;)

i think its nearly impossible to boost on the higher pointlevel because
1. the servers cant have a password and its forbidden to kick/ban players from this servers so everyone can join
2. nadeo has to allow the maps, no boosttracks
3. other players could tell nadeo about boosting if someone does it

maybe they just drive together to have fun with their teammates and earn points by the way :pil

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Takashi » 30 Jul 2008 12:10

i think its nearly impossible to boost on the higher pointlevel because
You see the turbo_mini (or somthing like taht) boost server , they probably could play here at night and win some points ... But I'm sure that this players don't have -and will never have- your skill ;)
5,000pts a day on the 60-80k
I do the same too ... But 20k points on 70-90k in 5-7 days? No no , it's clearly impossible ...

And strangely , today all noy members of my departement didn't even mark ONE point ... strange no? :roflol:
Last edited by Takashi on 30 Jul 2008 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by wilameta » 30 Jul 2008 14:00

One more possibility..........
Could be only one driver playing different profiles.
I don't know who the best drivers are but i know SMiie is good and if he applied himself he could get that many profiles that high very quickly.

Why would someone do this?
Maybe to raise their team's rank.
Maybe to raise their country's rank.

If I were that good I would consider it just to help raise USA above the lame 13 spot. :wink:

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Takashi » 30 Jul 2008 14:05

Yeah , tell me when do you have the time to grow up 5-6-7 accounts in the same day , I want to see that mate :roflol:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 30 Jul 2008 14:12

Getting points fast up to 70k is not that hard, if you play on the right servers you can get 200-300 per race easily between 40 and 70k if you're any good, and even more below that (but you have to play on crappy luck maps there). After that it gets trickier, though.

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by wilameta » 30 Jul 2008 14:36

Well, i know Gekko is on nearly 24/7. Running and developing his servers but still on.

#1 in usa Aerox is only 15 and since it is summer here i'm guessing he is not in school so probably nothing else to do but play video games.

Man I wish I were that young and carefree again. All I had at 15 was an Atari 2600 with the game 'Pitfall'!

I'm just saying it's possible not probable.
I know that NADEO doesn't want people boosting and ruining the game so I am giving them the credit for stopping it before it happens.
But the more out of reach some things are the more people want them. So I am sure someone is out there right now trying to hack the ladder and trying to boost, hopefully they wont succeed.

I just looked at world ladder and numbers 20 & 40 are both =Manuu=

Ok so i looked further and apparently most players in Germany: Bavaria: Augsburg are named =Manuu= :ftw:

proezler
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TM

Post by proezler » 31 Jul 2008 17:19

I play high skil servers every day... but this guy is never online there. BTW its NOY Naciim... he has Boost servers in TMN still... NOY must say all... i dont think the rest of em boost.... think sleeper and BCM and those guys stopped.... but Naciim seems not to. BTW 3 Accs in TOP300... lol... never ever..

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Takashi » 31 Jul 2008 17:21

Well , now you see that maybe I'm not wrong ... :)

Sonny
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Sonny » 31 Jul 2008 22:43

i think it can be done easily, if you can drive just a small bit 3 acc in top 300 is possible. First you boost them all to 50k and then if youre good (and you have too much time) it is possible to get them to 300.

I don;t think real old school boosting is possible anymore, at least above 50k