TrackMania Forever rules of ladder and formula

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

TrabTowN
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMS,tmn,TMU

Re: TrackMania Forever rules of ladder

Post by TrabTowN » 15 Apr 2008 10:36

sry... :oops:

i am just sooooo bored atm... and its soooo funny... hope the release is soonish before i go mad Image..cant do anything atm xD
100²% addicted

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 15 Apr 2008 10:38

neshmkd wrote:
Zooz wrote:They are free, as long as you don't break the rules you get the copper deposit back.
i mean what if i dont have money to buy a TMU or TMO?

IT WAS FREE FOR ALL
What are you meaning here ?

Normal servers are free, only special ones for high ranks need coppers (and so a tmu account).

UKFC»ACE
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by UKFC»ACE » 15 Apr 2008 11:07

Slig wrote:Normal servers are free, only special ones for high ranks need coppers (and so a tmu account).
Will 'normal' servers be able to use the ladder?

The 'special' servers seem to work on a points system rather than a rank system. 70,000 points will not always be high rank.

TrabTowN
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMS,tmn,TMU

Post by TrabTowN » 15 Apr 2008 11:12

UKFC»ACE wrote:
Slig wrote:Normal servers are free, only special ones for high ranks need coppers (and so a tmu account).
Will 'normal' servers be able to use the ladder?
yes, you can get up to 50.000 LP there, for any more it needs an official server .... woohooooo nomore boosters Image
100²% addicted

crooms
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMUF

Post by crooms » 16 Apr 2008 16:48

So how do we overtake the lol racers at the top of the current rankings without having to race against them?

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 16 Apr 2008 17:16

Wait til they hit 50.000 and go right past them, I guess ^^

SiimFace
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS,TMN,TMU

Post by SiimFace » 17 Apr 2008 14:32

So i have one question. If one day i have like 10000 coppers and i want to create my own server, where i have to go ( or did i understand wrong)

crooms
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMUF

Post by crooms » 17 Apr 2008 23:56

I don't know if this is the place to post this, but there is a problem with the online ladder (ladder points) regarding a subzone of the United Kingdom

I am placed 10th in the United Kingdom (Correct) and 36th in England (Impossible and incorrect)

Edit: the above was the case in the upper scrolling bar where it shows your rank in zones/groups etc. Once i actually clicked through the zones, it updated my position in England to 9th in both cases.

This can probably be deleted now.....

NFS x duke
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by NFS x duke » 18 Apr 2008 14:48

Hello to all :D

Well I for one look forward to the revamped ladder. Time to sort the men from from the boys so to speak. More than likely, most of the previously highly ranked players (including myself :?) will probably slot somewhere in the middle section. No offence intended. LOL maps and short tracks are great fun but they have their place amongst the trackmania community. I semi look forward to my fall from grace :lol:

Congrats to Nadeo on a well thought out solution

and lastly, to all people expressing their concern about the new setup, please be patient and give it a chance. Not everything will work flawlessly first time around.

DaLe
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by DaLe » 18 Apr 2008 17:52

It is a bit funny how no complaints appeared after people realized that it will take a loooong time to get 50 000 LPs. :)

I personally like the new ladder system (and the fact that the ladder already has around 100k new players). Looks like a lot of fun to come. :D
SiimFace wrote:So i have one question. If one day i have like 10000 coppers and i want to create my own server, where i have to go ( or did i understand wrong)
As far as I understand it, you need to have a server in the first place. Then when you want to make the server offical for players who have 40 000 or more points, you will need the deposit.

alva667
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF

Post by alva667 » 22 Apr 2008 11:02

Since it will take quite a long time to reach 50.000 LPs, why isn't Nadeo willing to lower the limit to 40.000 or 45.000 LPs?

LOL-Maps are fun to play for the one or another player, but to climb the ladder half way just with doing these LOLmaps... I guess it would be smarter to lower it to let's say 40.000 LPs?

How about that:
Amateurs place -> 30.000 to 50.000
Serious challengers -> 40.000 to 60.000 (no LOLmaps allowed)
Competitive racers -> 55.000 to 75.000
Pro racing -> 70.000 to 90.000
Races of Champions -> 80.000 to 100.000

That would be fair, wouldn't it? ;)

greetz

Sabian
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: all

Post by Sabian » 22 Apr 2008 13:25

I am still wondering how the race of the champions will be done. People who are really good are not playing so much on the servers which has a high amount of the players ( like TX guys, TEP, TOX, XR, SFO etc ) I do not know which other team and players I should name. I am sure that those who are mainly in various leagues are not hunting the points, and the race of champions which they really are will not join.

Also I am scareed now when the ladder points are split now, TMU players ( becuase that is still minority of the players) practically do not have any chance to climb the ladder. as when they get for example 20-30 pts, on rally, bay whatever, stadium folks get for examples 200 per round.

I would really be for the option to make the ladder for TMNF and TMUF as those two cannot compete to each other. I guess that is also not in Nadeo intention that the champions will be play on their race White or Green Nadeo maps.

So how the the true champions could be found in this mixing up. I am also sure that most of them completely ignore the ladder. From my point of view people who want to climb ladder must drive the maps which there will be a lot of players. I am sure that most of them do not care, so the race of the champions will be the race of those who drive pretty easy maps, but gets on them a lot of points.

Is that really the intention how the modified ladder should work ?

CPU: Intel C2D E6750 2,66 GHz, MB: Asus P5KR, RAM: 2046 MB Kingston 800 DDR2, GPU: Leadtek Nvidia 8800GT 512MB ForceWare 174.74 , HDD: 75GB WD Raptor, 320 GB Seagate, OS: Win XP SP3, ADSL 6144/384

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 22 Apr 2008 21:10

1. ladder speed may change a little depending on stage of definition. I know this is not perfect, but like I said, we need a little time to go toward a definite and fixed situation. Once this is done, we will try to keep it as stable and regular as possible, which is important for a ladder with people on it.
2. there should be two race of champions server, one with stadium maps and one with even environments

Camion
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Camion » 23 Apr 2008 09:46

Sabian wrote:Also I am scareed now when the ladder points are split now, TMU players ( becuase that is still minority of the players) practically do not have any chance to climb the ladder. as when they get for example 20-30 pts, on rally, bay whatever, stadium folks get for examples 200 per round.
How can they get 200 pts per round?. Only the first 20-25 get pts?. 200 pts is near the maximum on a boost server i think.

Sabian
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: all

Post by Sabian » 23 Apr 2008 10:04

with the 200/250 players on the server, as nowadays in white/green Nadeo maps, very easily, check the screenie posted also here. I am talking about the TMNF.
Everything depends on the amount of the players on the server :pil , The maximum amount of the player I have seen in TMU was always around 50-60 in lol maps.

CPU: Intel C2D E6750 2,66 GHz, MB: Asus P5KR, RAM: 2046 MB Kingston 800 DDR2, GPU: Leadtek Nvidia 8800GT 512MB ForceWare 174.74 , HDD: 75GB WD Raptor, 320 GB Seagate, OS: Win XP SP3, ADSL 6144/384