Mistral MOD startup errors.

This Aseco flavor by Mistral contains a comprehensive rank system that orders stats by environment, track and author name. It also contains a built-in lottery system.

Moderators: Mistral, TM-Patrol

Sonict
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): Sonict

Mistral MOD startup errors.

Post by Sonict » 24 May 2009 04:07

Hi. I have looked at the readme and also looked at this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=15866

My problem is pretty much exactly what he has.

This is what I did:

My track path on the server is /TMS/GameData/Tracks/Challenges/Servertracks . I tried to add the "Online" folder so the path was like this: /TMS/GameData/Tracks/Challenges/Online . I double checked the cases and permissions and it was fine. I tried to edit the path in the rasp_settings.php and it still didn't work. The path to this folder is /MA81/aseco/ .

Code: Select all

[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (ArrayChallenges/Online) does not exist
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (ArrayChallenges/Online) can not be written to
I also got this and I double checked the username and password...

[RPC Error -1000] Permission denied. Array ( [0] => AutoSaveReplays [1] => Array ( [0] => ) ) 
[05/23,22:39:31] XMLRPC Error [-1000] - Permission denied.
I have been trying out everything for a couple of hours now. I am about to give up and try some other server software. I do like yours though. I really don't want to use other software if I can avoid it.

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Re: Mistral MOD startup errors.

Post by Mistral » 24 May 2009 04:51

For the first one:

//The location of the tracks folder for saving TMX tracks.
//There must be full write permissions on this folder.
//In linux the command will be..  chmod 777.
// regardless of OS, use the / character for pathing
$tmxdir = "Challenges/Online";
in includes/rasp.settings.php try to replace Challenges/Online with your Challenges/Servertracks directory.

For the second one i dont really know ... you sure you gave "SuperAdmin" as login in the config.xml?

<tmserver>
    <login>SuperAdmin</login>
    <password>your password from the dedicated_cfg.txt</password>

Sonict
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Sonict » 24 May 2009 06:48

Well, now this is interesting. After redoing parts of the configuration and checking things over, all of a sudden, the MOD loaded up fine.

I think the issue was with the "SuperAdmin" password being short or something. I also didn't get the TMX path error too. I'm going to test this out more and once I see where the problem is, then you can fix it so it won't cause a weird issue like this. It is now 2:45 AM EST here so I'll deal with it after I wake up.
Last edited by Sonict on 24 May 2009 08:00, edited 1 time in total.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 24 May 2009 07:51

Sonict wrote:the MOD loaded up fine.
Psst... it's not called mod but server controller. Mods are here. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Sonict
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Sonict » 25 May 2009 02:40

hmmm... I have a few questions. Is it possible to manually add a track to the server somehow? I just uploaded some new tracks to the server and I am unsure on how to add them without having to redo the match settings file. These are offical nadeo tracks from TMNF so I am unsure on how to do it so my current list gets updated and not deleted.

Also, I have a small suggestion: For the rating of tracks, there should be an option called "Couldn't finish the track". I have had that happen to me a few times while playing on Mistral and I wish I could have voted that option. Sure, it could be abused, but it can be helpful too.

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 25 May 2009 05:51

Sonict wrote:hmmm... I have a few questions. Is it possible to manually add a track to the server somehow? I just uploaded some new tracks to the server and I am unsure on how to add them without having to redo the match settings file. These are offical nadeo tracks from TMNF so I am unsure on how to do it so my current list gets updated and not deleted.

Also, I have a small suggestion: For the rating of tracks, there should be an option called "Couldn't finish the track". I have had that happen to me a few times while playing on Mistral and I wish I could have voted that option. Sure, it could be abused, but it can be helpful too.
check the /admin add feature

playing on mistral you should be able to finish all tracks using the respawn feature ;)

basically i think its a bad idea, because if you cant finish a track, you just cannot rate it - thats exactly the idea behind the rating system.

Sonict
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Sonict » 25 May 2009 06:25

I really doubt your /admin add feature can do that. I thought it only did either TMX or SM? You could add a feature to add a track from either a folder or a file on the server that the game is hosted on... For example: Servertracks are at: Challenges/Servertracks . I upload new tracks to the directory, I use a command like this: /admin add "Trackfolder" or somthing like that.
mistral wrote:playing on mistral you should be able to finish all tracks using the respawn feature :wink:
Oh, I do use it. One of my goals in TM is to officially TA and get all author medals in NF. However, there are tracks on your server (Can't remember names atm) that have really cheap jumps and such and because of the fact you need perfection for some horrible reason, I am unable to finish the tracks. That is why I requested it. Already, I have blown tons of coppers while attempting my goal. :P

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 25 May 2009 07:16

Sonict wrote:I really doubt your /admin add feature can do that. I thought it only did either TMX or SM? You could add a feature to add a track from either a folder or a file on the server that the game is hosted on... For example: Servertracks are at: Challenges/Servertracks . I upload new tracks to the directory, I use a command like this: /admin add "Trackfolder" or somthing like that.
mistral wrote:playing on mistral you should be able to finish all tracks using the respawn feature :wink:
Oh, I do use it. One of my goals in TM is to officially TA and get all author medals in NF. However, there are tracks on your server (Can't remember names atm) that have really cheap jumps and such and because of the fact you need perfection for some horrible reason, I am unable to finish the tracks. That is why I requested it. Already, I have blown tons of coppers while attempting my goal. :P
Oh i thought you said they are from tmx.

Sorry there is no feature to add local tracks. There are two reasons why i never implemented it:
- Tracks are uploaded to Sharemania.eu with few mouseclicks
- If i dont want to upload the track i use RCP to add it (but sharemania is faster ;)).
- Servermania is a great tool to add local tracks.

We try to sort out tracks with "Impossible Jumps" ... this is one of our track policies ... just tell some trackadmin when online or post it in our forum.
Anywhere, sometimes its a challenge to finish these tracks if its a good one. So there might be a handful of them.
I am a medium driver - if i can do it ... you will beat it someday too and it will feel great :).

Sonict
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Sonict » 25 May 2009 22:05

So you are saying using RCP and Servermania won't make me have to reboot the server and add a track to the list manually?

If so, I'll check that out.

I'll also try to get the server to error out again like what happened when I was setting this up and then, maybe you can fix it.

Thanks

Edit: I just installed RCP and took a look at it. It is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

I'll get around to trying to bring back that error again in a few days.