Never say never again.
While another XAseco release after last year's v1.15b was indeed very unlikely, I realized after the XAseco2 v1.03 update that this contained a fair number of improvements which would also benefit XAseco. So this v1.16 update was completed some time ago, waiting for a planned Dedimania update that is however taking longer than anticipated. Thus I decided to release v1.16 now, and can say that another XAseco update is actually rather likely, later this year, and will probably be mandatory for Dedimania as well. Go figure.
This update adds two new checkpoint times commands, a new configuration option to control whether or not the maps list cache is cleared at the start of each track, recent improvements in supporting classes, a Dedimania-related simplification, and more. Here are the complete release notes:New features and other changes in the v1.16 release of XASECO:
* new /cptms command to display the checkpoint times (if available, as they're only being stored since v1.06) for all local records on the current track, as a complement to /sectmsBug fixes in the v1.16 release of XASECO:
* new /dedicptms command to display the checkpoint times for all Dedimania records on the current track, as a complement to /dedisectms
* added the Countable interface to the TMXInfoSearcher class
* removed the <max_recs> setting from dedimania.xml to insure that only the Server and player MaxRank values from the Dedimania master server are used, and to avoid confusion
* resetting the challenges list cache at the start of each challenge is now configurable via new rasp.settings.php setting $reset_cache_start (default: true)
* the PHP memory limit for XASECO2 is no longer set to 50 MB but to 128 MB (the PHP default) unless it is already at least that size (thanks Electron)
* updated the GBXDataFetcher module to the latest version
* when a map isn't in the database yet, in some situations its name could be stored with stripped colors/formatting -- fixed
As always, check these installation notes:
* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
* Open port 8002 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server.
* In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
* For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory (next to aseco.php), all *.PHP files into the includes/ directory, and Aseco.bat|Aseco.sh|AsecoF.sh also into the main directory.
Download it from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/