XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by Xymph » 07 Oct 2012 20:43

Olymptor wrote:Due to a very large number of maps, RPG servers are hard to manage.

Xaseco 1.12 had few lags when i change PC server, RPG servers need a very high performance...

So, i was forced to upgrade xaseco (and all my personal configs)
to 1.15b but... Now dedi works but xaseco is 10 more slow x__X
I find it very hard to believe that v1.15b is 10x slower than 1.12, hence didn't reply before. If this is an exaggeration, that's not helpful.

What would be helpful is describing in detail what slowdown effects you experience, and why you think they are due to v1.15(b).

Also, what do you mean with "when i change PC server" above?
Olymptor wrote: Do you think it is due to rewrite of GBX files ?
What exactly do you mean by "rewrite of GBX files"?
Olymptor wrote: I thought fufi plugin was too old but i desactived and lag seems continue.
I can use 1.13 or 1.14 but one day dedimania will ban them and the problem will come back. (maybe lag too)
I really don't want and can't reduce track number or disable/change plugins.

Someone have suggestions ?
Be specific in your problem report. Such as, what is that "very large number of maps" above... 1000? 2000? 5000? :roll:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

coopra1
pedestrian
pedestrian
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Dec 2009 16:21
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by coopra1 » 08 Oct 2012 06:04

I don't think so Xymph. When I started to use XASeco 1.14 Fufi Widgets was starting to being veeery slow. Records were synchronised after 15 seconds, or after same race! And I have 80 tracks server with laps gamemode...

When I started to use records Eyepiece (XAseco 1.14 and 1.15(b)), problem dishappened. I think this is fufi widgets think. I prefer you install and customize Records Eyepiece, works good and it's very customizable (you can enable / disable any widget by editing XML files and configuration is friendly I think).

Olymptor
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 59
Joined: 16 May 2009 00:15
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMO, TMS

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by Olymptor » 09 Oct 2012 22:38

Xymph wrote:Be specific in your problem report
Ok , first thanks for answer;

Little "historic" :
Few months ago my server had near 4400 maps.
It used Dedicated server 2010-03-15 + Xaseco 1.12
If i launched only this one : no lag
But if i launched my 8 others servers : crash due to maximum execution of... timeout 60secondes...etc.
For avoid this lag : i desactived $features_ranks : and RPG server had no lags and ok.

Recently i Re-actived rank system : it worked (cause i have deleted many maps)

Today :
I have 4215 maps and xaseco 1.12 works fine
I made a test : (with only one or all my servers running = same)

Dedicated server 2011-02-21 + Xaseco 1.12
all plugins/manialinks are ready automatically and player can start after 8 secondes => perfect

Dedicated server 2011-02-21 + Xaseco 1.15b (complete new installation + excatly the same configuration in each file of old 1.12) on the same map :
Used command "skip" for launch same map : two times crash (timeout)
So i restarted xaseco with the current map :
player can start after 8 secondes BUT plugins/manialinks are ready after 1 minute and 06 seconds !
I try to desactive ranks like i did few months ago = problem still be same.

The only difference is xaseco updated, what's why it is very strange... what do you think ? :?
Xymph wrote:What exactly do you mean by "rewrite of GBX files"?
Features of xaseco 1.15b :

Code: Select all

rewrote the GBXDataFetcher module completely to correctly process ManiaPlanet maps and replays – the new GBXChallMapFetcher and GBXReplayFetcher classes are not compatible with the old GBXChallengeFetcher and GBXReplayFetcher ones, but a new GBXChallengeFetcher wrapper class is included for backwards compatibility with third-party plugins 
It was just an idea for explain problem :?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by Xymph » 11 Oct 2012 21:08

Olymptor wrote: Little "historic" :
Few months ago my server had near 4400 maps.
It used Dedicated server 2010-03-15 + Xaseco 1.12
If i launched only this one : no lag
But if i launched my 8 others servers : crash due to maximum execution of... timeout 60secondes...etc.
For avoid this lag : i desactived $features_ranks : and RPG server had no lags and ok.

Recently i Re-actived rank system : it worked (cause i have deleted many maps)

Today :
I have 4215 maps and xaseco 1.12 works fine
From 'near 4400' down to 4215 is not "deleted many maps", that's maybe just 4%. :roll:
Olymptor wrote: I made a test : (with only one or all my servers running = same)

Dedicated server 2011-02-21 + Xaseco 1.12
all plugins/manialinks are ready automatically and player can start after 8 secondes => perfect

Dedicated server 2011-02-21 + Xaseco 1.15b (complete new installation + excatly the same configuration in each file of old 1.12) on the same map :
You can't have exactly the same configs, because then new/changed settings needed by v1.15b would be missing and some features would not work or produce errors/warnings.
Olymptor wrote: Used command "skip" for launch same map : two times crash (timeout)
So i restarted xaseco with the current map :
player can start after 8 secondes BUT plugins/manialinks are ready after 1 minute and 06 seconds !
I try to desactive ranks like i did few months ago = problem still be same.

The only difference is xaseco updated, what's why it is very strange... what do you think ?
I think this may be related to the challenge list cache added in v1.13. On v1.12, was the /list command very slow on your server?

The cache is a trade-off, it loads info on all tracks after each track switch so that subsequent /list and related commands execute fast. But on a server with an insane number of tracks, that initial load will take a long time, probably resulting in the time-outs.

Try enabling debug logging via /admin debug, then check the log for lines starting with "challenges cache". Check the timestamps between those log lines, then (temporarily) drop half the tracks from the matchsettings file, restart and try again. There should be a notable improvement.
Olymptor wrote:
Xymph wrote:What exactly do you mean by "rewrite of GBX files"?
Features of xaseco 1.15b :

Code: Select all

rewrote the GBXDataFetcher module completely to correctly process ManiaPlanet maps and replays
It was just an idea for explain problem
Oh, that's "GBX classes", or module, not .GBX files (like tracks) which I read into it. The module may take slightly more time to process each track because the parsing is now done properly instead of haphazardly, but that's won't be a major influence on servers with a reasonable number of tracks.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Olymptor
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 59
Joined: 16 May 2009 00:15
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMO, TMS

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by Olymptor » 11 Oct 2012 23:53

Xymph wrote:I think this may be related to the challenge list cache added in v1.13. On v1.12, was the /list command very slow on your server?
You're right, i tested debug mode and xaseco always crash on "challenges cache".
So i deleted 1/2 of maps

[ Note for me and all : DON'T FORGET save database or disable prune_records -___- i cleared 5 months of records noob i am ]

Xaseco is more fast but still a few lag, with 2071 maps manialinks and plugins are ready after 10 secondes. (so correct for no crash and good for no lag /list comand). Yes with 1.12 /list was slow but crashs were not happen often.

So the only solution is make maximum of maps near 2000 ?
No way to disable "challenge cache" or others solutions ?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by Xymph » 13 Oct 2012 15:26

Olymptor wrote:Xaseco is more fast but still a few lag, with 2071 maps manialinks and plugins are ready after 10 secondes. (so correct for no crash and good for no lag /list comand). Yes with 1.12 /list was slow but crashs were not happen often.
Good to hear.
Olymptor wrote:So the only solution is make maximum of maps near 2000 ?
No way to disable "challenge cache" or others solutions ?
There's no specific maximum, it depends on your server's performance and what delay at the start of tracks you're willing to tolerate. But 2000 sounds a lot more reasonable than 4200+. :wink:

The cache was not built with a disable option in mind, and I'm not sure that's a good idea, as then crashes would be more likely to occur during /list's.
I haven't thought about other loading improvements, that would take a lot more time to figure out and implement, if it's possible at all.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Olymptor
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 59
Joined: 16 May 2009 00:15
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMO, TMS

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by Olymptor » 13 Oct 2012 15:49

@Xymph :

Add a disable option for "challenges cache" will be good on a future release :oops: :)
I have ever think to activate only /list nofinish or totally disable /list by myself in files. So it's not really a problem for me.

In all case, thanks a lot for all your help and share and update xaseco to community :lovetm

mattrunk
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 May 2009 17:27
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by mattrunk » 27 Nov 2012 23:44

hello,
I wonder if it's possible to protect the Masteradmin of a possible ban,kick or warn from an admin or operator server ? (prohibit these commands without their)
sorry google Traduct;))
thanck :lovetm

coopra1
pedestrian
pedestrian
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Dec 2009 16:21
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by coopra1 » 28 Nov 2012 06:30

I think they cannot ban masteradmin, just kick. It's impossible to do... Or, if it's possible, see adminops.xml file or if you're already banned - blacklist file :P

mattrunk
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 May 2009 17:27
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by mattrunk » 29 Nov 2012 14:48

after having tested the admin and operator can ban masteradmin
lol

coopra1
pedestrian
pedestrian
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Dec 2009 16:21
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by coopra1 » 29 Nov 2012 16:01

I prefer you to disable Operator giving ban ability in file "adminops", line <ban> set to false.
About Admin... Hmm, it's weird a bit, I don't know why is it possible. You must ask Xymph.

weasel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 342
Joined: 11 Mar 2011 23:44
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF,TM2all

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by weasel » 25 Dec 2012 01:20

hi

Just some things I noticed on a lot off servers online.
After podium the next map starts , the map is already vissible for say 10-20 sec and then are the records loading ( eyepiece )

I noticed that it's happening on most of the servers who have 15b installed.

Could this be explained ?

I run a server too sometimes , using an older version and have no delay of loading eyepiece.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by Xymph » 25 Dec 2012 10:00

weasel wrote:After podium the next map starts , the map is already vissible for say 10-20 sec and then are the records loading ( eyepiece )

I noticed that it's happening on most of the servers who have 15b installed.

Could this be explained ?

I run a server too sometimes , using an older version and have no delay of loading eyepiece.
Could be the challenge list cache that was introduced in v1.13. It's refreshed on the onNewChallenge2 event, and it looks like RE does its thing on that event too.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

weasel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 342
Joined: 11 Mar 2011 23:44
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF,TM2all

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by weasel » 30 Dec 2012 00:05

first : Thanks Xymph for youre loyalty here on tm forum and had the time for some responce to a noob. :p

Had to say that, You guys do a lot of work for TM and I hope you keep helping us the next year as well. ( as long as we live :) )

Ontopic :

uhmm sinds v 1.13

so why is it now showing then ?
I rent a server and the guy just updated to newer vers. so my server is now invected too.
you can drive track for 10 sec and then the records popup.

must say it looks crap. LOL

server drives nice, so it's not the internet speed or so , has good ping , it only happens after podium. ( new track load and R.E. load )

Can it be fixed somehow.

blacksea
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 17
Joined: 24 Nov 2007 11:31
Owned TM-games: TMO

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.15b

Post by blacksea » 26 Mar 2013 11:38

hey Xymph
Let's see the time in the normal way dedimania sector
/dedisectms command to create an alternative to the command. or /dedisectms Change the screen display format, please.I put a sample image below. appreciate yourmy
english is not good. I'm sorry, so also (instead of google translate, of course): D

Image

Change

Image

Post Reply