Page 3 of 7

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 06:08
by Xymph
noaDanny wrote:Hi, I've a problem updating v. 1.10 to 1.14.
Local records are not saved in DB.
Switching back to V1.10 everithing is OK.
Any suggestions?
Not without more info. Are there any error/warning messages in the log?

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 19:33
by Ant
Hey Xymph, I noticed this in the log today that brought XAseco to a complete stop.

Code: Select all

[09/16,06:38:04] set min timelimit for [Damn!]: 5:00 (Author time: 0:37.86)
Begin Challenge
[09/16,06:38:08] track changed [SOUTH PARK] >> [Damn!]
[09/16,06:38:08] current record on Damn! is 0:37.97 and held by BlackHole[Tobi]
Begin Round
End Round
PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/xxx-ant/XAseco/includes/GbxRemote.inc.php on line 619
Do I just need to increase the timeout in that file, or could it be something else causing the problem ?

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 20:16
by Xymph
Ant wrote:Hey Xymph, I noticed this in the log today that brought XAseco to a complete stop.

Code: Select all

[09/16,06:38:04] set min timelimit for [Damn!]: 5:00 (Author time: 0:37.86)
Begin Challenge
[09/16,06:38:08] track changed [SOUTH PARK] >> [Damn!]
[09/16,06:38:08] current record on Damn! is 0:37.97 and held by BlackHole[Tobi]
Begin Round
End Round
PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/xxx-ant/XAseco/includes/GbxRemote.inc.php on line 619
Do I just need to increase the timeout in that file, or could it be something else causing the problem ?
60 secs is more than enough for anything PHP needs to execute in one go through the main loop. Some problem caused that timeout between the End Round and End Challenge events (the latter is not executed/logged anymore), but from the log I can't tell what.

Unless it starts happening regularly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 09:10
by L3cKy
Hey Xymph ... i got a error.

Code: Select all

[09/17,09:05:58] track changed [[RPG] Battlefield] >> [Gold-Digger RPG]
[09/17,09:05:58] currently no record on Gold-Digger RPG
Begin Round
[XASECO Fatal Error] ExecCallbacks XMLRPC Error [-32300] - transport error - cannot read size/handle on line 994 in file /home/tmn/rpg/xaseco/aseco.php
[-32300] - transport error .... seems to be that the server is not response .. but the server was still online.


Greetings

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 11:15
by Xymph
L3cKy wrote:

Code: Select all

[09/17,09:05:58] track changed [[RPG] Battlefield] >> [Gold-Digger RPG]
[09/17,09:05:58] currently no record on Gold-Digger RPG
Begin Round
[XASECO Fatal Error] ExecCallbacks XMLRPC Error [-32300] - transport error - cannot read size/handle on line 994 in file /home/tmn/rpg/xaseco/aseco.php
[-32300] - transport error .... seems to be that the server is not response .. but the server was still online.
When restarting XAseco, could it connect okay to the still-running dedicated?
How long were the dedicated and XAseco running before this happened?

I think the error means that the XML-RPC connection returned an empty response at some point. If it doesn't happen regularly, I would consider it a glitch and not worry about it.

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 12:34
by L3cKy
Xymph wrote:When restarting XAseco, could it connect okay to the still-running dedicated?
How long were the dedicated and XAseco running before this happened?
I think the error means that the XML-RPC connection returned an empty response at some point. If it doesn't happen regularly, I would consider it a glitch and not worry about it.
Yes, when i (re)start xaseco it runs without problems.
The server was running for arround 5-6 hours before xaseco stopped.

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 14:02
by Xymph
L3cKy wrote:
Xymph wrote:When restarting XAseco, could it connect okay to the still-running dedicated?
How long were the dedicated and XAseco running before this happened?
I think the error means that the XML-RPC connection returned an empty response at some point. If it doesn't happen regularly, I would consider it a glitch and not worry about it.
Yes, when i (re)start xaseco it runs without problems.
The server was running for arround 5-6 hours before xaseco stopped.
Well, like I said, if it doesn't happen again, don't lose any sleep over it. :)
If it doesn't try and compare circumstances, like how many players were online, and which map it happened on (that's in the log).

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 22:34
by noaDanny
Xymph wrote:
noaDanny wrote:Hi, I've a problem updating v. 1.10 to 1.14.
Local records are not saved in DB.
Switching back to V1.10 everithing is OK.
Any suggestions?
Not without more info. Are there any error/warning messages in the log?
No errors are reported in logfile. Server rank are miscalculated also . E.g. my 10th place is calculated as 715.
I used the configuration files of 1.10, could this be the problem?

Ty :)

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 18 Sep 2011 08:26
by Xymph
noaDanny wrote:
Xymph wrote:
noaDanny wrote:Hi, I've a problem updating v. 1.10 to 1.14.
Local records are not saved in DB.
Switching back to V1.10 everithing is OK.
Any suggestions?
Not without more info. Are there any error/warning messages in the log?
No errors are reported in logfile. Server rank are miscalculated also . E.g. my 10th place is calculated as 715.
I used the configuration files of 1.10, could this be the problem?
It is always a problem if you don't keep config and code files in sync with eachother.

You can try this: move your existing XAseco to some other name, install a fresh copy of v1.14 according to the included Quick Start Guide, test if that works, then copy over all your own config values (not the entire files, but the values in them that are different from the defaults).

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 20 Sep 2011 00:04
by Ant
Xymph wrote: 60 secs is more than enough for anything PHP needs to execute in one go through the main loop. Some problem caused that timeout between the End Round and End Challenge events (the latter is not executed/logged anymore), but from the log I can't tell what.

Unless it starts happening regularly, I wouldn't worry about it.
ok, cheers man.

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 20 Sep 2011 01:58
by noaDanny
Xymph wrote:
noaDanny wrote:Hi, I've a problem updating v. 1.10 to 1.14.
Local records are not saved in DB.
Switching back to V1.10 everithing is OK.
Any suggestions?
Not without more info. Are there any error/warning messages in the log?

No errors are reported in logfile. Server rank are miscalculated also . E.g. my 10th place is calculated as 715.
I used the configuration files of 1.10, could this be the problem?

It is always a problem if you don't keep config and code files in sync with eachother.

You can try this: move your existing XAseco to some other name, install a fresh copy of v1.14 according to the included Quick Start Guide, test if that works, then copy over all your own config values (not the entire files, but the values in them that are different from the defaults).
:lovetm OK, problem solved! Done as you told. At first start aseco made a lot of changes to the db structure and now everything works fine. Ty a lot :)

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 20 Sep 2011 12:42
by ccx
Hello Xymph,

This new version V1.14 installed yesterday. All is perfect :thumbsup: thx !

I would like to come back on this, concerning V1.13 :
New features and other changes in the v1.13 release of XASECO:
(....)
updates for the (TMF-only) music server plugin (thanks undef.de):
for http music servers, spaces and other special characters in the server path and/or song filename (and optional subdirectory) are now supported
after restarting a track, followed by the scoreboard and ChatTime countdown, the current song is now correctly shown
(...)
I think you refer to this add (in 'plugin.musicserver.php') :
function music_nextsong($aseco, $data) {
global $music_server;

// if restart, bail out immediately
if ($aseco->restarting != 0) return;
Well, I had wait this enhancement for times (at less one year), but that doesn't work for me : if I restart a challenge (/admin restartmap) while scoreboard is displayed, then the map restarts with same music (ok), but
* the title of song displayed by my plugin 'nouse.song' is changed, and should not be : the song played doesn't match with the name displayed. (I confess that I made cosmetic adaptations in this nice plugin, but I don't think it's the problem).
* the scores diplayed by my plugin 'bestruns' are cleared. IMO, it should not, as the map has not change.
* the checkpoints times are cleared too, so players don't know if they are faster that their previous best run.

=> Is it possible to modify the Aseco.php (maybe in function 'executeCallbacks') to say something like
If current map is same that previous - even if scoreboard is displayed
Then send event 'RestartChallenge', instead of 'NewChallenge'
That would fix the problem, not only for music title but for all other plugins testing this event.
(If TM doesn't manage this correctly, it would be mandatory to compare manually current map Vs previous).

Can you say me if I'm wrong, else if you can do that ?
Thx for reading me, regards.

ccx. :pil

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 20 Sep 2011 18:56
by Xymph
ccx wrote:Is it possible to modify the Aseco.php (maybe in function 'executeCallbacks') to say something like
That function is definitely the wrong place for this, whatever it is you want. :wink:
These kind of events are generated in the newChallenge/endRace functions.
ccx wrote:
If current map is same that previous - even if scoreboard is displayed
Then send event 'RestartChallenge', instead of 'NewChallenge'
That would fix the problem, not only for music title but for all other plugins testing this event.
(If TM doesn't manage this correctly, it would be mandatory to compare manually current map Vs previous).
I don't quite follow this current vs. previous track thing, or how this would solve problems those plugins are having. Are you aware there are two onRestartChallenge events?

At any rate, the whole restart handling has improved a lot over the years, but remains difficult to get fully "right" (whatever one would consider right).

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 14:08
by ccx
Ok, pity. Thx for your response.
But I keep that in head, maybe one day I'll have a solution 8)

Regards,

ccx.

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.14

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 22:20
by nicomoore0
Since uodating from 1.13 to 1.14 I keep having problems. XAseco crashes at random times wjthout notification, it doesn't even show any errors in the logfiles. It happens especially when the server is empty, when someone enters, they get stuck at the "please wait" at the start of a map and nothing happens. The only was to overcome this problem is by restarting XAseco. I have tried removing most custom plugins, and I have also tried a fresh install and the problem is still there. Any suggestions? My host is Gaming Solutions. So everything should be ok server side.