XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.12

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

sterretje22
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM²
Manialink(s): fireteam

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.12

Post by sterretje22 » 25 Nov 2010 05:33

its losing the records when i restart xaseco
but by updating xaseco do u have to import the
asexo.sql
extra.sql
rasp.sql
or not? i dind't did that...
i just in ported the things that stays in newinstall...
`·.¸¸.->ѕтαя~ƒιяє<-.¸¸.·´
ImageImage
`·.¸¸.->~ƒιяє~<-.¸¸.·´

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 05 Dec 2010 15:38

Just to make it easier for anyone else, I have uploaded a version of v1.12 with the fixed aseco.php for the donate messages.

You can find it in the downloads section of my site :thumbsup:

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 07 Dec 2010 19:39

Xymph, I was wondering if its possible in a future release to add a config option to hide the TMF message window at the score screen ?

Thanks if you can do it.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 07 Dec 2010 19:55

Ant wrote:Xymph, I was wondering if its possible in a future release to add a config option to hide the TMF message window at the score screen ?
Don't point settings like <show_recs_after>, <show_playtime>, Dedimania's <show_recs_after>, etc there, and it won't have anything to show during the scoreboard.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 07 Dec 2010 20:35

Fair point, but if a track gets skipped while the message window is still displayed in race then it will show anyway at the score for a little while, even if I change those settings.

I did make this change in plugin.msglog.php to try and stop it during the score, and it does work - except for when skipping a track while the window is still displayed.

Code: Select all

// check for display at end of track
   if ($scoreboard) {
      $aseco->client->query('SendDisplayManialinkPage', 1, false);
   } else {
      $timeout = $aseco->settings['window_timeout'] * 1000;
   }
   $lines = array_slice($msgbuf, -$winlen);
   display_msgwindow($aseco, $lines, $timeout);
}  // send_window_message

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 09 Dec 2010 20:33

Is there something fundamentally stupid with how i'm trying to do this ? Please let me know.

I could stop all messages going to the window at end of race, but like I said - this won't matter because if the window is still up when the track gets skipped, it will stay there anyway until the timeout runs down, and this looks ugly overlapping other score table widgets - heres a couple of screenshots to show you what I mean.

messageatscore.jpg

messageatscore1.jpg

Edit: Ok, if I use the original plugin.msglog.php and then stop local and dedi recs going to the window, it still appears at the end of the race - see below screenshot. (This appeared even though it wasn't displayed before I skipped the track)

messageatscore2.jpg

So I have to make the above change to that function for now - even if I stop showing all recs after. Is there really no proper way to just hide the window at the scorescreen ?

Edit2: Sorry, it displayed because I forgot about autotime settings going to the window, I have put that in chat now and along with using the original plugin.msglog.php the window no longer appears at the score screen. The problem still stands though that the window will stay there if a track gets skipped while the window is shown during the race.

Big_Al
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMUF TMN TMNF

Post by Big_Al » 15 Dec 2010 10:06

Hi Xymph, I ask You cos I think if anyone knows then You.

Is there any possibilty to get the number of restarts a player does during his turn?

I mean, does the server provide this information somehow in time attack?
Ideally in some callback, but any other kind of method is welcomed.

We do an analyzing tool for RPG-cups, and to see how many restarts a player is doing would be very interesting.

Thx, Alex

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 15 Dec 2010 18:50

Big_Al wrote:Is there any possibilty to get the number of restarts a player does during his turn?

I mean, does the server provide this information somehow in time attack?
Ideally in some callback, but any other kind of method is welcomed.

We do an analyzing tool for RPG-cups, and to see how many restarts a player is doing would be very interesting.
I presume you mean retiring a run via the 'Give up' key and starting a new run. This is signaled via a TrackMania.PlayerFinish callback / onPlayerFinish event with score = 0, though such events also happen in other circumstances than retiring (e.g. hitting the 'Give up' key after chatting to reset the 3-2-1 countdown, and several times during initialization of a new track). So you'd have to include some additional logic to distinguish retires from the other events, like whether the player has already crossed at least one checkpoint.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 15 Dec 2010 18:57

I don't suppose its possible to hide the message window at scores then ?

Big_Al
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Big_Al » 15 Dec 2010 19:07

Xymph wrote:I presume you mean retiring a run via the 'Give up' key and starting a new run. This is signaled via a TrackMania.PlayerFinish callback / onPlayerFinish event with score = 0, though such events also happen in other circumstances than retiring (e.g. hitting the 'Give up' key after chatting to reset the 3-2-1 countdown, and several times during initialization of a new track). So you'd have to include some additional logic to distinguish retires from the other events, like whether the player has already crossed at least one checkpoint.
Hi Xymph,

thank you very much for your reply, but actually i meant a checkpoint restart.
It is normal to restart on RPG challenges at a certain checkpoint.

I apologise for the lack of clarity.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 15 Dec 2010 19:26

Big_Al wrote:
Xymph wrote:I presume you mean retiring a run via the 'Give up' key and starting a new run. This is signaled via a TrackMania.PlayerFinish callback / onPlayerFinish event with score = 0, though such events also happen in other circumstances than retiring (e.g. hitting the 'Give up' key after chatting to reset the 3-2-1 countdown, and several times during initialization of a new track). So you'd have to include some additional logic to distinguish retires from the other events, like whether the player has already crossed at least one checkpoint.
thank you very much for your reply, but actually i meant a checkpoint restart.
It is normal to restart on RPG challenges at a certain checkpoint.
There's no callback for respawning, so no way for a server controller to find that out.

Big_Al
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Big_Al » 15 Dec 2010 19:54

Xymph wrote:There's no callback for respawning, so no way for a server controller to find that out.
Thanks. One last question.

In platform mode TrackMania counts the total number of respawns. Is this value accessible in time attack mode on a server?
Through some player information or anything like that? I mean: Is the number of respawns somehow (variable, array, textfile) stored by the server?

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 15 Dec 2010 21:33

Ant wrote:I don't suppose its possible to hide the message window at scores then ?
It's ok, I figured it out now (was quite easy to be fair)
In plugin.msglog.php I just had to add this

Aseco::registerEvent('onEndRace', 'hide_window');

function hide_window($aseco){
	$xml = '<manialink id="7"></manialink>';
    $aseco->client->query("SendDisplayManialinkPage", $xml, 1, false);
}
So thanks Xymph, and if I have any more issues i'll be sure to figure them out myself as well :wink:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 15 Dec 2010 21:56

Big_Al wrote:
Xymph wrote:There's no callback for respawning, so no way for a server controller to find that out.
In platform mode TrackMania counts the total number of respawns. Is this value accessible in time attack mode on a server?
Through some player information or anything like that? I mean: Is the number of respawns somehow (variable, array, textfile) stored by the server?
Platform != TA :wink: Beyond that, see my previous answer, there's no other communication with the dedicated than via XML-RPC.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 15 Dec 2010 21:56

Ant wrote:So thanks Xymph, and if I have any more issues i'll be sure to figure them out myself as well :wink:
Sometimes not answering (soon) is the best answer. :D