XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.12

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.12

Post by Xymph » 21 Oct 2010 18:15

Hellboy»CT« wrote:I use v1.12 but every time I or someone else donate coppers there is the servername be showen and not the player/donator. Where can I fix it?
Check for message differences between your config.xml and the one in the latest XAseco distro, it sounds like it's (at least) two versions behind, as the donation message was changed in v1.11.

Whenever you upgrade, check for differences in the configuration files that are listed as changed too, not just the plugins.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 21 Oct 2010 20:19

Ant wrote:Is my above question unanswerable ? (he says, trying not to sound impatient :) )
I suppose it is then :roll:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 21 Oct 2010 20:30

Missed the edits...
Ant wrote:Edit: Also from looking at my XAseco stats, I can see that those player id's I deleted have still got their records intact on my server.

Its good that they are still there, but how are they still there if I deleted them ? If i'm misunderstanding something here please point it out to me ! Its just that all the duplicate entries (was only 3 or 4 in total) had 0 donations, so it deleted both entries in each case.
The players_extra table is not related to the records table.
Ant wrote:Edit: Also, a while back I found 2 instances of XAseco running - this occurred during a server upgrade I think. Could that have caused these duplications ?
Yeah, possibly, since there's no locking on the inserts (not needed as you should run only one XAseco per server).
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 21 Oct 2010 20:41

Xymph wrote: The players_extra table is not related to the records table.
oh ok, is it just to store donations from players then yeah ?
Xymph wrote: Yeah, possibly, since there's no locking on the inserts (not needed as you should run only one XAseco per server).
Well I didn't intend that to happen (2 XAseco's running together), I saw it happen on a restart of XAseco - Noc's sorta explained that to me though, something about not recognizing the first running instance.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 21 Oct 2010 23:20

Huh..? What's the prob, ant..? At least I know I haven't touched any of it... xD

You have to be careful how you edit the xaseco db... I'm not sure how xaseco works, mostly whether or not it removes invalid cross referenced entries from removed tracks and players, like aseco does. Once you remove something from one table, chances are it's leaving a bit of unreferenced info in another table.

What exactly did you edit in the db..? And what scripts/tools (if any) did you use?
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

thundercat
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by thundercat » 21 Oct 2010 23:51

[removed]
Last edited by Xymph on 22 Oct 2010 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Troll post removed

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 21 Oct 2010 23:57

I'd say since I'm his host... it's between me and him.

Troll elsewhere..

Anyways, to Xymph... So, the db changes are mostly just mediumint(9)'s to int(11)'s..? And an index or two?

So for the most part the db's are now a lil bit more compatible to aseco, besides the rs_times challengeid/trackid..? Just wondering..
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Oct 2010 05:53

nocturne wrote:Anyways, to Xymph... So, the db changes are mostly just mediumint(9)'s to int(11)'s..? And an index or two?
Mostly. The details are in the release notes. :wink:
nocturne wrote:So for the most part the db's are now a lil bit more compatible to aseco, besides the rs_times challengeid/trackid..? Just wondering..
No idea about that, it's been a long time since I looked at A/R's database.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 22 Oct 2010 13:43

nocturne wrote:Huh..? What's the prob, ant..? At least I know I haven't touched any of it... xD

You have to be careful how you edit the xaseco db... I'm not sure how xaseco works, mostly whether or not it removes invalid cross referenced entries from removed tracks and players, like aseco does. Once you remove something from one table, chances are it's leaving a bit of unreferenced info in another table.

What exactly did you edit in the db..? And what scripts/tools (if any) did you use?
Well i'm pretty sure its ok now, but I used kitty to access remotely, exactly how I did that I explained by pm on your website man :)

Hellboy»CT«
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmuf,tm²

Post by Hellboy»CT« » 23 Oct 2010 15:28

Xymph wrote:
Hellboy»CT« wrote: I use v1.12 but every time I or someone else donate coppers there is the servername be showen and not the player/donator. Where can I fix it?
Check for message differences between your config.xml and the one in the latest XAseco distro, it sounds like it's (at least) two versions behind, as the donation message was changed in v1.11.

Whenever you upgrade, check for differences in the configuration files that are listed as changed too, not just the plugins.
:1 big thanks I could fix my problem
Last edited by Xymph on 23 Oct 2010 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting... use the Quote button instead of trying to construct quotes yourself!

TheBigG
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN! TMF

Post by TheBigG » 23 Oct 2010 23:36

Hi is that version tmn compatible got every time probs with rasp jukebox plugin

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_multi_msg() in /xasecoafo/plugins/plugin.rasp_jukebox.php on line 508
what's the problem?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 24 Oct 2010 08:09

TheBigG wrote:Hi is that version tmn compatible got every time probs with rasp jukebox plugin

Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_multi_msg() in /xasecoafo/plugins/plugin.rasp_jukebox.php on line 508
what's the problem?
show_multi_msg() is not an existing function name in any official part of XAseco, so you must be mixing in some third-party plugin(s). Revert to the official version of plugin.rasp_jukebox.php.

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU(F),TMN(F)
Manialink(s): xai

Post by xai » 24 Oct 2010 21:02

Can't you add the option to add admins/ops that are offline. I think something easy like this should already work as new addadmin(haven't tested):

// get player information
		if ($target = $aseco->getPlayerParam($admin, $command['params'][1], true)) {
			// check if player not already admin
			if (!$aseco->isAdminL($target->login)) {
				// add the new admin
				$aseco->admin_list['TMLOGIN'][] = $target->login;
				$aseco->admin_list['IPADDRESS'][] = (($aseco->settings['auto_admin_addip'] && $target->ip) ? $target->ip : '');
				$aseco->writeLists();

// log console message
				$aseco->console('{1} [{2}] adds admin [{3} : {4}]!', $logtitle, $login, $target->login, stripColors($target->nickname, false));

// show chat message
				$message = formatText('{#server}>> {#admin}{1}$z$s {#highlite}{2}$z$s{#admin} adds new {3}$z$s{#admin}: {#highlite}{4}$z$s{#admin} !',
				                      $chattitle, $admin->nickname,
				                      $aseco->titles['ADMIN'][0], $target->nickname);
				$aseco->client->query('ChatSendServerMessage', $aseco->formatColors($message));
			} else {
				$message = formatText('{#server}> {#error}Login {#highlite}$i {1}{#error} is already in Admin List!', $target->login);
				$aseco->client->query('ChatSendServerMessageToLogin', $aseco->formatColors($message), $login);
			}
		}
reason I ask is because it's extremely annoying to be online at the same time if for example I (GMT+1) want to make an australian player admin, with the current system we need to be online at the same time.
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 24 Oct 2010 21:39

xai wrote:Can't you add the option to add admins/ops that are offline.
You're welcome to make that change for your own server, but I don't think it should be the default. Requiring the prospective admin to be online is more secure and less error-prone, and it's not wise to make anyone admin that you haven't even played with together.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 24 Oct 2010 23:23

Isn't that already possible just by editing the adminops.xml ??

<admins>
		<tmlogin>PLAYER_LOGIN</tmlogin> <ipaddress></ipaddress>
	</admins>
You don't need to enter the players ip - you can just leave it how it is.