Anti-Cheat Plugin - Deleting Locals

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

horypl
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Anti-Cheat Plugin - Deleting Locals

Post by horypl » 09 Sep 2009 10:33

Hello.
Does anyone have a plugin for xaseco, which allows masteradmins remove local records from database in game. Something like: /dellocal 1, where 1 is local record no. 1 etc.
I ask because a lot of cheater coming to my server.
Maybe someone has something else that will help me in the fight against rogue "players".
I know that I can remove local records in phpmyadmin, but this process is very hard for me.
I have blocked cheaters via "global blacklist" but this is not enough....

THANX FOR ANSWER!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: Anti-Cheat Plugin - Deleting Locals

Post by Xymph » 09 Sep 2009 11:03

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=19404 or viewtopic.php?f=127&t=22911

Also, you posted in the wrong forum.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

n4p1
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by n4p1 » 09 Sep 2009 11:05

I agree, it would be very useful to have that command in game...

horypl
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by horypl » 10 Sep 2009 08:38

I would like to delete records in the game.
For example, in currently playing track - if you type /deletelocal 1 where 1 = first local record.
Could anyone write a script? Is it even possible? This would help many servers and cheaters would have a difficult time.

Please help me :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 10 Sep 2009 15:33

It is possible but not trivial, and I'm not sure it'll be unintrusive enough for the rest of XAseco's operation.
The problem is that things don't end with deleting a record from the local database (that part is easy): as explained in my various posts during this thread, you also have to copy in a new last record from the 'rs_times' table into the 'records' one, and moreover, because this happens on a running system, have to re-read XAseco's internal records list so that commands like /recs show the changed current list. Actually an easy way to sync up everything cleanly would be to force a track restart upon deleting a record, but that would in turn be rather intrusive to the players.

Deleting one record is probably not interrupting XAseco too much (remember it's a single-threaded application, so if something takes a long time, everything else will stall), but I'll have to investigate that. Doing it for all records by a cheater login could potentially stall the system for a long(er) time though, which I why I never built this into the system but keep pointing to external applications such as CheatRecordsDelete in the aforementioned threads.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

dmax
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by dmax » 10 Sep 2009 23:44

/recs view only NICK, ideal view NICK / LOGIN after no problem deleting record

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 21 Sep 2009 22:02

dmax wrote:/recs view only NICK, ideal view NICK / LOGIN
This will be available via a new config option (on TMF only) in the upcoming v1.10 release.
Xymph wrote:The problem is that things don't end with deleting a record from the local database (that part is easy): as explained in my various posts during this thread, you also have to copy in a new last record from the 'rs_times' table into the 'records' one, and moreover, because this happens on a running system, have to re-read XAseco's internal records list so that commands like /recs show the changed current list. Actually an easy way to sync up everything cleanly would be to force a track restart upon deleting a record, but that would in turn be rather intrusive to the players.

Deleting one record is probably not interrupting XAseco too much (remember it's a single-threaded application, so if something takes a long time, everything else will stall), but I'll have to investigate that. Doing it for all records by a cheater login could potentially stall the system for a long(er) time though, which I why I never built this into the system but keep pointing to external applications such as CheatRecordsDelete in the aforementioned threads.
A new /admin delrec command is done and will also be in the next release.

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by FoxShadow » 22 Sep 2009 16:12

Xymph wrote:A new /admin delrec command is done and will also be in the next release.
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lovetm

dmax
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by dmax » 27 Sep 2009 02:31

Thx, very good work :thumbsup: