XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.09

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.09

Post by nouseforname » 25 Jun 2009 12:22

Hi Xymph,

i just wanna say thank you for this nice tool and all the improvements you always develop.

It seems, the start up behavior is much better with the latest version. Xaseco will now start, even if the server is using a large database, and with >20 players actual playing.

the idea not to display any records/rank in the first round after start seems to work well. same with the chat lines here.

so all works really reliable without any problems at all atm. this makes life much easier. i don't need to check several times a day if all is fine. :)

just the damn cheaters are anoying. but thats not ur fault.

if i will ever meet you, i will pay u a beer. :) :1
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Largowned
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by Largowned » 25 Jun 2009 12:28

By the Way, the login on http://player.trackmania.com only works with the account I play with, not with the account I created for the server.. I guess it only works if you played online (or solo) with this account, that's why it didn't work with my "server" account. So I played online & solo with this account, and I'm waiting for a stats update, wait & see :gobananas:

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 25 Jun 2009 17:51

Xymph wrote:That Readme is ancient, it's just included FYI but you shouldn't follow its steps. Use the Quick Start guide instead.
Why even include it? It just confuses people. You could put it on your website and link to it from the docs folder or even just make a subfolder in the docs folder called "old docs" or something.

Largowned
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Largowned » 25 Jun 2009 18:45

I agree, it's confusing :roll:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 25 Jun 2009 21:15

blooper wrote:Why even include it?
Remember I started with a system built by others. I don't like to remove docs they included which explain some of the background of the system.
blooper wrote:even just make a subfolder in the docs folder called "old docs" or something.
Yeah, that'll work.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

zavalos
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by zavalos » 27 Jun 2009 15:15

Hi Xymph
I have 2 questions about the "$globalbl_url" in rasp.settings.php
1) I use this setting for my servers in greece and i want to know when this script update the blacklist ?
when i connect ( and i see the message ) or is autoupdate when a new cheater login added in dedimania_blacklist.txt (and i see the message later ) ?
2) Is it possible to add a second "$globalbl_url " to rasp.settings.php ? ( im testing a globalbl for my servers for now..)
I know about the /admin mergegbl command but when i add a new login to my global blacklist i have to use again the command to update the blacklist.

My english is not too good , i hope you understand me.

Largowned
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Largowned » 27 Jun 2009 18:47

Hi,

I succeeded to install and setup Xaseco, but I still have a problem : I don't manage to configure Xaseco ingame, because I can't get the admin rights, even though I configured the masteradmin in config.xml..

Could you help me? I'd like to be able to configure Xaseco ingame from another computer in LAN with the server.

So the config.xml file (can you tell me what must I write at this place?) :
<tmlogin>ip:port</tmlogin> <ipaddress>192.168.2.105</ipaddress>
BTW, I have another question : Is there another way to configure Xaseco (I mean, the recs, vote.. fields and colors in the game) than doing it ingame?

scg-flighthigh
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TM2

Post by scg-flighthigh » 28 Jun 2009 08:30

Largowned wrote: So the config.xml file (can you tell me what must I write at this place?) :

Code: Select all

<tmlogin>ip:port</tmlogin> <ipaddress>192.168.2.105</ipaddress>
You must only write your Gameloginname (not the Gamenick) into and no IP or Portadress

Code: Select all

<tmlogin>yourgameloginname</tmlogin> <ipaddress></ipaddress>
BTW, I have another question : Is there another way to configure Xaseco (I mean, the recs, vote.. fields and colors in the game) than doing it ingame?
No there is no Way to config this thinks Ingame.

Largowned
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Largowned » 28 Jun 2009 09:29

Thank you :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 Jun 2009 20:17

zavalos wrote:I have 2 questions about the "$globalbl_url" in rasp.settings.php
1) I use this setting for my servers in greece and i want to know when this script update the blacklist ?
when i connect ( and i see the message ) or is autoupdate when a new cheater login added in dedimania_blacklist.txt (and i see the message later ) ?
From the v1.09 release notes:
* when a MasterAdmin connects, the default global blacklist can automatically be merged
zavalos wrote:2) Is it possible to add a second "$globalbl_url " to rasp.settings.php ? ( im testing a globalbl for my servers for now..)
I know about the /admin mergegbl command but when i add a new login to my global blacklist i have to use again the command to update the blacklist.
Use /admin black to add your own logins to your local blacklist, then those get merged along with the ones from the global list.
zavalos wrote:My english is not too good , i hope you understand me.
If these weren't the answers you were expecting, then I didn't understand you. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 29 Jun 2009 05:23

Hmm, I'm not really sure if this issue has been addressed or not, or if it has been fixed in the latest version, since I'm using FAST nowadays :( (I like its team mode statistics). I'm not even sure what XASECO version the server in question had in use.

So here goes: It seems that spectator idle kick plugin also kicks out relays, or empty ones at least. The host had to disable the plugin just to be safe that it wouldnt kick the relay in the middle of the race (don't know why he had it enabled in the first place though, as it wasn't a dedicated server ^^).

If this is indeed old news I'm sorry for the trouble, just thought i should mention this.

Largowned
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Largowned » 29 Jun 2009 11:30

Hi world,

I still have a question about Xaseco :gobananas:

I didn't manage to create panels, widgets, for exemple for dedimania records, local records, track karma, track infos.. like that :
(don't look at Zeroswitch, just look at the panels)

For the moment I just see that :

How could I do that? Do I need external plugins?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 Jun 2009 12:43

Largowned wrote:How could I do that? Do I need external plugins?
Fufi's Widgets.

gerdo
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmnf

Post by gerdo » 08 Jul 2009 21:03

Can somebody try the admin command /admin clearhist?
I want to know if it is a bug or have I messed something up.
when I type it, it says that there are 10 tracks in history and does nothing else.
Just updated to v1.09, the problem is still there.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 08 Jul 2009 22:55

gerdo wrote:Can somebody try the admin command /admin clearhist?
I want to know if it is a bug or have I messed something up.
when I type it, it says that there are 10 tracks in history and does nothing else.
Just updated to v1.09, the problem is still there.
Read the v0.99b release notes for how it's used.