logfile.txt

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

mixnetwork
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United
Manialink(s): spacezone

logfile.txt

Post by mixnetwork » 05 Jan 2009 08:50

HI all...

heres my next and I hope last problem for xaseco.

After running for a few days (depending how much players where on my server) Xaseco stops working.
I found out that if the file size of the logfile.txt becomes to big Xaseco stops running and you can not restart it eather.

Deleting the logfile.txt solves the problem and Xaseco starts again.
Now the problem is that i am not able to controll every day or every hour the filesize, when I must delete his content or the whole file to get it run again.

Is there a way to stop this logging and only activate it if something goes wrong?

Perhaps there exists already a solution, but I could not found anything by using the search function in the board.
Live is for livin'
The Spacezone fun clan

Sithnar
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMU

Re: logfile.txt

Post by Sithnar » 05 Jan 2009 11:35

just checked my log file! it was 11 meg!!!
ĐLЯ»ѕιтнηαя
ĐѧяқLoяמs Rэѧιм [ Join ]

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by k4nm4n » 05 Jan 2009 11:41

Strange, I have the same log file about 4 months, even the chat log is enabled and Xaseco never crashed.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 05 Jan 2009 11:54

It's very unlikely the logfile.txt size is the reason for XAseco to stop. Depending on your OS/filesystem, log files can grow very large, e.g. 2 GB on 32-bit Linux, and it's impossible your logfile.txt reached that size after running the server for just "a few days".
Check aseco.log (on Linux) or the console window (on Windows) for the final error message when XAseco terminates, check how large logfile.txt is when it happens, and what message(s) you get when restarting XAseco while not deleting logfile.txt.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Sithnar
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMU

Post by Sithnar » 05 Jan 2009 12:17

mines 11mb from when i started this.. probably about a month or so.

Only thing that kills my xaseco server is the IRC Bot plugin.

tends to time xaseco out :( only way to bring it round it to restart the batch file.
ĐLЯ»ѕιтнηαя
ĐѧяқLoяמs Rэѧιм [ Join ]

mixnetwork
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United
Manialink(s): spacezone

Post by mixnetwork » 05 Jan 2009 14:55

Xymph wrote:It's very unlikely the logfile.txt size is the reason for XAseco to stop. Depending on your OS/filesystem, log files can grow very large, e.g. 2 GB on 32-bit Linux, and it's impossible your logfile.txt reached that size after running the server for just "a few days".
Check aseco.log (on Linux) or the console window (on Windows) for the final error message when XAseco terminates, check how large logfile.txt is when it happens, and what message(s) you get when restarting XAseco while not deleting logfile.txt.
The file size was about 25MB I think (i am not sure), its running on a Ubuntu linux V-Server. I checked of course the aseco.log to see what happend, I could not find anything.
If I try to restart it just will not start, than I delete the logfile.txt and the aseco.log, restart again and it works. Strange situation...

If it happens again , i will check once again and post it in here, now I have no further information.
Live is for livin'
The Spacezone fun clan