[(X)Aseco/FAST] AutoQueue v0.75

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmuf

Re: [(X)Aseco/FAST] AutoQueue v0.75

Post by schmidi » 20 Jul 2009 14:18

vineeth.h wrote:The player just gets kicked from the server!!!
1) did you enable requeue feature?
2) enough free spec-slots?

vineeth.h
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by vineeth.h » 21 Jul 2009 17:22

Yeah,that problems been fixed!

Now fresh set of problems have cropped up,been getting complaints from lot of my players about this.

I run the server in laps mode.

First complaint-> Sometimes,not always,just sometimes,when the player connects to the game,he is automatically forced into spectator even if the server isn't full and he hasn't respawned,and has to wait for that track to get over and can only play the next one.

Second complaint ->Sometimes when the race is about to start,a player goes into spec. mode just like that!

And i can personally confirm both the claims because i have actually had to face these bugs myself.

Hope you can fix these issues. :)
Owner of lllllNASCAR 80K
Join my server : NASCAR 80K

vineeth.h
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by vineeth.h » 22 Jul 2009 10:00

Hey one more problem which i found! Lol yeah this might piss you off,me constantly reporting problems!! :)

LAPS SERVER.

Well when i restart xaseco after making some minor changes,
what happens is that all the players playing on the server while i restart it ,the autoqueue pushes them into queue! and then releases them again! When this happens,for those few seconds everyone is in queue ,the round gets over and goes to next track because of that!

So is there someway you can disable it? So that everytime i restart xaseco the players racing already aren't pushed into queue
Owner of lllllNASCAR 80K

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 22 Jul 2009 11:26

vineeth.h wrote:Hey one more problem which i found! Lol yeah this might piss you off,me constantly reporting problems!! :)

LAPS SERVER.

Well when i restart xaseco after making some minor changes,
what happens is that all the players playing on the server while i restart it ,the autoqueue pushes them into queue! and then releases them again! When this happens,for those few seconds everyone is in queue ,the round gets over and goes to next track because of that!

So is there someway you can disable it? So that everytime i restart xaseco the players racing already aren't pushed into queue
thats just normal even in TA mode, all players joining the server are forced into spec. i don't see a problem here.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

vineeth.h
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by vineeth.h » 22 Jul 2009 11:43

Well yeah you don't see a problem,because in TA mode,when that happens,they just go into queue for a second and back into the game and that doesn't affect the game because the track will go on until the total time (say 4minutes) is over.
But thats not how it works in LAPS.
There if a player who is racing retires,and no one else is playing,it ends round automatically and goes to the next round.

Now instead of one player,when you have like 20,and they're all racing fiercely ,its pretty pissing off that all of a sudden they're pushed into spec and the server realises that everyone's retired and ends round and goes to the next track.

And if you like to meddle around with xaseco and upgrade/add scripts and test out new stuff as much as i do,you'll realise that its a pain in the ass not only for you but for the racers who are racing too!

So hope you see the problem now! :)

Anyways if the author of plugin can please look into this problem,i'd really appreciate it.
Owner of lllllNASCAR 80K

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by schmidi » 22 Jul 2009 12:03

vineeth.h wrote:Well when i restart xaseco after making some minor changes,
nouseforname wrote:thats just normal even in TA mode, all players joining the server are forced into spec. i don't see a problem here.
thats not a matter of mode, its just how the queue works (about to change)
vineeth.h wrote:And if you like to meddle around with xaseco and upgrade/add scripts and test out new stuff as much as i do,you'll realise that its a pain in the ass not only for you but for the racers who are racing too!
its never a good idea to upgrade/test/add/... on a busy server. imo its the best way to mess up a clean install, lose data (recs, ...) and loyal players.
why dont you use a testserver?

i already started a complete rewrite of the queue but its still i long way to go...
Last edited by schmidi on 22 Jul 2009 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 09 Oct 2009 10:36

just make a local testserver on lan for 1 player, you can test your xaseco before using it.
People don't like restarting xasecos anyways, it gives lost recs, chatflood and if it doesn't work well they have to wait for you to put the last good instance back on.

Jojo_44
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: Tmnf, Tmuf

Post by Jojo_44 » 22 Oct 2009 17:06

HI Schmidi,

i´m not sure, but i cant download the latest aq(0.75) from your board. There´s an error called in German "Sie haben nicht die Erlaubnis um Dateianhänge dieses Thread zu sehen". Thanks for help.

regards, Jojo

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by schmidi » 22 Oct 2009 17:17

Jojo_44 wrote:i´m not sure, but i cant download the latest aq(0.75) from your board. There´s an error called in German "Sie haben nicht die Erlaubnis um Dateianhänge dieses Thread zu sehen". Thanks for help.
strange :ftw:

temporary link

Jojo_44
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: Tmnf, Tmuf

Post by Jojo_44 » 23 Oct 2009 12:16

Thank you. Now works fine ;)

regards Jojo

Mikey
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mikey » 18 Dec 2009 22:37

Can some one tell me (I have read the whole thread). How does the autoqueue opertate at the moment of a ROC server changing to 100k.
- Will it auto kick anyone under ladder mimimum limit ie 80k
- Will it worst kick extras changning from 12 players down to 8 ?

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by FoxShadow » 18 Dec 2009 22:51

Mikey wrote:Can some one tell me (I have read the whole thread). How does the autoqueue opertate at the moment of a ROC server changing to 100k.
- Will it auto kick anyone under ladder mimimum limit ie 80k
- Will it worst kick extras changning from 12 players down to 8 ?
That's controlled by dedicated_cfg.txt, and not by autoqueue
I recommend you set your server config with settings like this:

Code: Select all

<max_players>8</max_players>
<password></password>

<max_spectators>16</max_spectators>
<password_spectator></password_spectator>

<ladder_serverlimit_max>60000</ladder_serverlimit_max>
<ladder_serverlimit_min>100000</ladder_serverlimit_min>
So you server should be ready for RoC hours when automatically changes to 80-100k.
The rest of time will be a 60-90k (increase the 60000 if you like an high min ladder, but don't exceed the 80000).

For the 8 players all the days, you can use "/admin setmaxplayers 12" to add 4 players slots during the non RoC hours, and back to 8 with "/admin setmaxplayers 8" time before Roc in order to don't break the rules.

Hope this can help you. :thumbsup:
Last edited by FoxShadow on 19 Dec 2009 01:33, edited 1 time in total.

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by schmidi » 18 Dec 2009 23:59

Mikey wrote:- Will it auto kick anyone under ladder mimimum limit ie 80k
yes
Mikey wrote:- Will it worst kick extras changning from 12 players down to 8 ?
no

Mikey
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mikey » 19 Dec 2009 08:07

Thx scmidi for the concise answer. That helps !

However would it be possible to consider this a feature in the next update. For autoqueue to manage and kick extra for the moment of change from 90k to 100k (and back)
I think it would be possible to code, by calling GetLadderServerLimits at race end and see if max = 100k , Then SetMaxPlayers to 8, and with some extra php trickery kick extra players instead of the normal worst kick value, if current player number was greater than 100k limit.
That way all roc administrators using auto queue could run 12 on 90k and auto switch to 8 on 100k and not have to worry about manually setting before and after (especially those who live in a country when ROC is run from 2am to 5am)

Clinton
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMO

Post by Clinton » 19 Dec 2009 09:26

The problem with that is the server would still be set to 12, therefore breaking the rules.

http://allgamer.net cheapest Trackmania server hosting with the best support. We also do VPS hosting, Dedicated Servers, and Web Hosting! Request a free 3 day trial for a VPS

clinton@teameo.net for more information.