XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.03

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.03

Post by BReMFoX » 24 Aug 2008 00:08

Well, while playing with the new Fufi-menu/widgets and XAseco-msglog i had a small idea... :idea:
I have really no clue, but is it possible to create something like this?

Or is something like this allready in progress?

The purpose is to combine fufi menu/settings/messages/karma/nextmap/etc... in 1 menu and keep a nice overview.
Also the system messages are shown in this menu, so the chat stays clean.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 24 Aug 2008 14:29

Hello Xymph, great release as usual :thumbsup: I have one problem though, when I try to send records and stuff to the tmf message window instead of chat - it doesn't seem to work. I don't get a new window at all and I don't know why, because everything else is working fine. I am using TrackmaniaServer_2008-08-05 along with fufi widgets and fufi menu, (both the latest versions) is there anything I have missed, or any pointers you could give me to sort it out please ?? As always, any help is very much appreciated - cheers :mrgreen:

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 24 Aug 2008 14:48

Did you activate the plugin "plugin.msglog.php"?

This is what I have in my config.xml and it works:

Code: Select all

<show_min_recs>8</show_min_recs>
    <!-- 2 = full report, 1 = only track record, 0 = none -->
    <!-- add 4 to show the report in the TMF message      -->
    <!-- window instead of the main chat window           -->
    <show_recs_before>6</show_recs_before>
    <!-- 2 = full report, 1 = only top-5, 0 = none        -->
    <show_recs_after>2</show_recs_after>
    <show_recs_range>True</show_recs_range>
    <!-- 2 = in TMF message window, 1 = in chat, 0 = none -->
    <show_tmxrec>2</show_tmxrec>
    <show_playtime>2</show_playtime>
    <show_curtrack>0</show_curtrack>
Btw BReMFoX, I kinda like your pic and in fact, that would be possible (with some limitations). But it's unlikely, that's gonna happen in the next time. It's a mashup between XAseco, the widgets and the menu which atm and for the far future will not be combined (btw. how is this donate button supposed to work? ;-)) to be able to use them seperately and independent from each other. Another thing is that you'll need a lot of custom pngs for this kind of menu, which will result in longer waiting times until the menu is viewable by the players.

/edit: this stuff may already be possible, you'd just have to make a preset for the Admin Bar, fiddle around in the fufi_karmaWidget.xml, fufi_challengeWidget.xml and change some messagewindow code and this could actually look quite similar to your screenshot.

I especially like the fact, that the message window uses a smaller font though. Maybe that would be possible? (*winks to Xymph*)
Last edited by f*ckfish on 24 Aug 2008 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
inactive, sorry

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by blooper » 24 Aug 2008 14:53

f*ckfish wrote:I especially like the fact, that the message window uses a smaller font though. Maybe that would be possible? (*winks to Xymph*)
I second the idea of a smaller font. A player on my server just recently complained about the window taking up too much room.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 24 Aug 2008 16:02

f*ckfish wrote:Did you activate the plugin "plugin.msglog.php"?

This is what I have in my config.xml and it works:

<show_min_recs>8</show_min_recs>
    <!-- 2 = full report, 1 = only track record, 0 = none -->
    <show_recs_before>6</show_recs_before>
    <!-- 2 = full report, 1 = only top-5, 0 = none        -->
    <show_recs_after>2</show_recs_after>
    <show_recs_range>True</show_recs_range>
    <show_tmxrec>2</show_tmxrec>
    <show_playtime>2</show_playtime>
    <show_curtrack>0</show_curtrack>
Oh yeah lol, I done everything right then, except I didn't activate the plugin in the plugins.xml :oops: thanks for showing me how stupid I can be sometimes :roflol:

Spakko
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by Spakko » 24 Aug 2008 16:10

First,sorry for my strange english

Is it possible to make different passwords Checks for Admins and Operators ?

I have updated to V1.03 with new "Security Support" but now all my Ops have lost there Abilitiys cause they have no Rights to do that (example Skip Map,Restart Map,Cancel Vote)

That means:The Ops have to use the same unlock password i (Admin) am using at the moment to execute Admin Commands ? Ist this correct ?

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 24 Aug 2008 16:14

Spakko wrote:First,sorry for my strange english

Is it possible to make different passwords Checks for Admins and Operators ?

I have updated to V1.03 with new "Security Support" but now all my Ops have lost there Abilitiys cause they have no Rights to do that (example Skip Map,Restart Map,Cancel Vote)

That means:The Ops have to use the same unlock password i (Admin) am using at the moment to execute Admin Commands ? Ist this correct ?
thats correct, all admins (masteradmin, admin, operator) have to unlock their adminfunction by using the same pw.
the abilities are still the same as before. so imho there's no need for different pw for admins and ops. ops still couldn't use the adminfunctions.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

MadMax01
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,TMNF,TMUF

Post by MadMax01 » 24 Aug 2008 18:44

Great Work Xymph :!: :!:

ok i have a plugin that i have been using for awhile now. masterjoin.php and i made another one for the adminjoin.php ok both of them arent working now. i did put the php's in the plugin folders and made sure i put the <plugin.masterjoin.php</plugin> & <plugin.adminjoin.php</plugin> in the plugin.xml but for some strange reason it isnt working. any clues why that is? i have the 2008-08-05 server , xaseco v1.03, fufi menu v.01, and fufi widgets v.071a

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by BReMFoX » 24 Aug 2008 20:15

f*ckfish wrote:Btw BReMFoX, I kinda like your pic and in fact, that would be possible (with some limitations). But it's unlikely, that's gonna happen in the next time. It's a mashup between XAseco, the widgets and the menu which atm and for the far future will not be combined (btw. how is this donate button supposed to work? ;-)) to be able to use them seperately and independent from each other. Another thing is that you'll need a lot of custom pngs for this kind of menu, which will result in longer waiting times until the menu is viewable by the players.

/edit: this stuff may already be possible, you'd just have to make a preset for the Admin Bar, fiddle around in the fufi_karmaWidget.xml, fufi_challengeWidget.xml and change some messagewindow code and this could actually look quite similar to your screenshot.

I especially like the fact, that the message window uses a smaller font though. Maybe that would be possible? (*winks to Xymph*)
I don't expect this feature will be available in a new release (well, maybe a little bit :D).
It's just a small idea for the near future and i'm willing to help with it.
The whole menu is just an example of how it could be...so some buttons could have a strange look..it's not finished...

I'll try some editting with the stuff i have (Create Preset Admin Bar, edit fufi_karmaWidget.xml, edit fufi_challengeWidget.xml, edit messagewindow code) and post my results here.
But beware, if it's about php, i'm a big noob.

I allready found out how to keep the message log on screen (leave window_timeout empty in config.xml).
But i got stuck on the fontsize and moving the text.
I'll wait for Xymph's reply first...

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by BReMFoX » 26 Aug 2008 10:26

Ok, the menu is almost finished.
Now i need to make a new panel.
Got a few questions regarding the image/menu.

When i add an image in a new panel like this:

<quad sizen="45 10" image="http://url.../xasecomenu3.png"/>
The ingame image is very blurry.

The image size/ratio is 450x100 pixels, so that couldn't be the problem with the quad sizen (45 10) isn't it?

This is the original.

As you can see it's much sharper.
Anyone knows a solution or the cause?

Is it possible to add an image with it's raw size.
What i mean is to add an image without adding the quad sizen parameters in the .xml file.
So it's added ingame without changing the size/ratio of this image.

calsmurf2904
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMN

Post by calsmurf2904 » 26 Aug 2008 11:42

maybe the panel adapts to xaseco's style (Wich is by default BlackBlur (i think))
Current Projects :
Aseco 2.x Dedimania plugin
Aseco 2.x Clan management Plugin
Servers :
LSR Race Server
Server Specs :
TmForever Server 2.11.16 05-08-08 (D-M-Y)
Xaseco 1.03 with FufiMenu and FufiWidgets

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 26 Aug 2008 11:56

calsmurf2904 wrote:maybe the panel adapts to xaseco's style (Wich is by default BlackBlur (i think))
DarkBlur, actually. And no, external images are not related to window styles. How that image is displayed depends only on the ML code that's used to send it.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 26 Aug 2008 12:05

blooper wrote:
f*ckfish wrote:I especially like the fact, that the message window uses a smaller font though. Maybe that would be possible? (*winks to Xymph*)
I second the idea of a smaller font. A player on my server just recently complained about the window taking up too much room.
The current message window uses the same text style (TextRaceChat) as the regular chat, which I thought is rather fitting since the two windows serve the same purpose and it makes them equally easy to read. I don't think the font should be smaller, or it would be hard to read the temporary window during races. Also, the reason the window is so wide is that it helps to prevent wrapped lines, and it's nearly the same width as the maximized chat window.

A font as small as in BReMFoX's first screenshot doesn't exist I think, the smallest one is the old-style textsize="1", which you can see in record panels like the RecordsLeftSize1 and RecordsRightBottom ones.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

sdl
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by sdl » 26 Aug 2008 12:58

Hey,

If i move the admin panel and then leave and rejoin my server, the admin panel is back on its default position.
How do i make it stay on the position i put it on?

Thnx.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 26 Aug 2008 13:05

sdl wrote:If i move the admin panel and then leave and rejoin my server, the admin panel is back on its default position.
How do i make it stay on the position i put it on?
Right now you can't, but in a future release (v1.04 or 1.05) the system will remember the positions of all panels for all players, along with other customization settings.