Music Server

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

pokwuk
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: (TMN(F),TMO,(TM(U)

Music Server

Post by pokwuk » 17 Jul 2008 23:17

Hi everyone...i got my Xaseco running fine with fufi widjets but i got 3 questions...is that possible to have difrente musics on the same round? i mean when we make a restart after the race ends? And to host the file music must to be obligatory hosted??is not possible to have them on my hdd and not from a hoster?and is that possible to connect the music server to a Radio station that uses the .ogg ??
Cheers... :gobananas: :gobananas:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: Music Server

Post by Xymph » 18 Jul 2008 08:27

pokwuk wrote:Hi everyone...i got my Xaseco running fine with fufi widjets but i got 3 questions...is that possible to have difrente musics on the same round? i mean when we make a restart after the race ends?
No, the game only loads a new song upon loading a new track.
pokwuk wrote:And to host the file music must to be obligatory hosted??is not possible to have them on my hdd and not from a hoster?
No, only a http:// link works to load a song. A few months ago I asked Nadeo to support a file:/// link to load songs off the server's harddisk, but it's unlikely to happen.
pokwuk wrote:and is that possible to connect the music server to a Radio station that uses the .ogg ??
Again no, it must be a .ogg/.mux file on a http:// link, it cannot be a streaming song.

All these things are limitations of the SetForcedMusic call to the dedicated server which is the only way to load custom songs.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

pokwuk
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by pokwuk » 18 Jul 2008 17:10

haaaa sad news... would be nice to have a radio station on a server... heh..:D
Btw is that possible to have 2 hosters on the server? or only 1 is possible?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 18 Jul 2008 19:01

pokwuk wrote:haaaa sad news... would be nice to have a radio station on a server... heh..:D
Btw is that possible to have 2 hosters on the server? or only 1 is possible?
Theoretically any http:// link sent to SetForcedMusic can be a unique URL, and thus a different host. The music server plugin in XAseco supports only one host for practical reasons.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

pokwuk
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by pokwuk » 18 Jul 2008 20:14

ohh alright i see.... i was just thinking if it could be possible to add a 2 list....like after playing the <music_server>http and the <song> after that list ends...start a new one <music_server>... im saying that cause my hoster only can get 20mb...But i can get a freind with same space... thats why i was wondering....:D Cheers anyway.. :1

Zahl
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TM, TMU

Post by Zahl » 21 Oct 2008 11:27

I tried using this method for the first time just now, and got a little problem: the music won't play :D
Now I already checked the URL and everything, I can even see the game downloading the file,
running the game in windowed mode with a trafficmeter running. The File is also placed in
the cache folder. I tried restarting multiple times, waited a few maps, but no music playing
at all. If I just create a .loc file and use the music as challenge music in a map, it gets downloaded too
and plays fine. Just won't work with the SetForcedMusic call.
I am using a .php script which redirects to the file with a 302 Found, could this be the problem?
(although Trackmania seems to handle that)

EDIT:
OK, apparently the redirect really is the problem... Too bad. I'll have to come up with another idea then :?
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.7GHz; 4GB RAM Corsair; Gf8800GTS; WinXPSP3; Samsung 223BW