XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.01

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.01

Post by Xymph » 19 Jul 2008 17:05

Why are you constructing your own quotes? Just use the Quote button and edit out the parts no longer needed.
I had to clean up your post a lot to get the attributes and code block right again.
w1lla wrote:
Xymph wrote:
w1lla wrote:

Code: Select all

[07/19,18:40:32] << player 36 joined the game [w1llarelay : $w$iW1llaRelay : Netherlands : -1 : 82.101.224.5]
This happens when i let my relay server join in. isnt it better to get rid off -1 or cant that be done and be replaced by relay server?!
tested with new dedicated.
I dunno, haven't tried the relay stuff at all yet. What do you mean by "to get rid off -1" or "replaced by relay server"?
What i mean is that it says

<< player 36 joined the game [w1llarelay : $w$iW1llaRelay : Netherlands : "relayserver" : 82.101.224.5]
thats what i mean. Remember the old -1 issue for ranks.
Uhm no, what issue was that?
Anyway, I don't know if a main server can recognize that a connecting login is actually a relay server, I'll have to start experimenting with that I guess.

But this is just a log entry anyway, so is there another consequence or bad effect from having that "-1" rank?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 19 Jul 2008 18:44

Xymph wrote:
blooper wrote:Yes, I know how to remove the records, but there should be a way to prevent it in the first place.
Are you remembering this problem from the old TMN days, or does it still happen on a freshly installed TMF server with empty database? I tried it just now but connecting via LAN does not result in a different LAN-type login with /IP:port like before. So there's nothing left to do here I think.
Oh ok. That was something I was going to suggest a long time ago, but I never got around to doing it. I haven't tried joining on lan on TMF.
Xymph wrote:
blooper wrote:When it is rebuilding the list for the second page, how does it know what items go on that page? There has to be something that's temporarily stored so it knows what page it's on.
When building any multi-page window, the chat command compiles ALL the data for all pages in one go, then hands it over to the display/paging subsystem which handles button events like Next/Prev completely autonomously. That code indeed keeps track of which page you're on.
But when you click a button that requires changing any page (like a new window style or most functions of /admin players and /jfreu players), then the same chat command is invoked again to rebuild all pages anew. And that chat command has no knowledge of what page within the display subsystem the previous window was on, or whether it even was from the same command.
All that's a consequence of the multi-tasking and event-based nature of these server controllers. And again for two-page windows like the styles it's just not big problem anyway.
Ah, I understand now.
Xymph wrote:I'm not denying a GUI makes things easier, but it's not an economical use of my time to put a major effort into build something that's rarely used (see reason 1 in my previous post). So you better get used to the existing chat commands, as the only way I'll reconsider this topic is when I'm all out of other ideas and requests, and completely bored. Given everything else that I like to do IRL, you're in for a long wait. :mrgreen:
I'm going to hold you to your word now when you do run out of ideas and requests. :twisted: Although you probably won't be worried about that happening anytime soon.:mrgreen:
Xymph wrote:It would make the already complex listing/jukeboxing code more complex yet again, and I utterly fail to see the need for admins to override the one-track-per-player rule frequently enough that typing that chat command becomes irritating, and frequently enough to warrant that extra complexity. If you care that little about the track history, lower $buffersize in rasp.settings.php for all players, that's just fair at that point.
Ok, point taken. I only do it once in a while, so I can see where you're coming from. I guess I'm just lazy. :P
Xymph wrote:Now you're nitpicking. :P
Maaaaaaybe.... :gobananas:
Last edited by Xymph on 19 Jul 2008 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the quoting...

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 20 Jul 2008 02:26

Have I overlooked it?
I'm tiring to find a auto time plug-in for aseco TMF 1.01
sets timer in time attack based on author time
is there one?
:gobananas:

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 20 Jul 2008 07:57

Yes it is, or was it for for TMN?
Search and you will find out, look at the forums search funktion.
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

woki
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMUF
Manialink(s): woki

Post by woki » 20 Jul 2008 08:40

Great work Xymph

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Jul 2008 08:51

djarrett wrote:Have I overlooked it?
I'm tiring to find a auto time plug-in for aseco TMF 1.01
sets timer in time attack based on author time
is there one?
When looking for third-party plugins, check my list, which links to the relevant post.
I'm not sure it still works, but ISTR previous posts reporting that it does.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by djarrett » 20 Jul 2008 10:42

Thanks,Xymph
Great work

I downloaded and tried this one:
http://www.die-webber.com/downloads.php ... &fileid=19
It does not crash aseco, however the time limit on every track gets set to the default time set in auto time plug-in, Ive tried changing the config setting to all different times and the tracks continue to start with the time at the default settings,which seems to be 5

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!-- DO NOT USE THIS PLUGIN IF YOU USE JFREU PLUGIN -->
<!-- JFREU PLUGIN GOT THIS ONE INCLUDED -->
<!-- ADD THIS PLUGIN AFTER RASP PLUGIN -->
<atlcfg>
<setmultiplicator>6</setmultiplicator> <!-- Set the multiplicator for authorstime (e.g. 7 x authorstime = new timelimit). Set to 0 to disable func -->
<setmintime>3.5</setmintime> <!-- Set minimum timelimit in minutes -->
<setmaxtime>7</setmaxtime> <!-- Set maximum timelimit in minutes -->
<setdefaulttime>5</setdefaulttime> <!-- Set default timelimit in minutes if any error occours -->
</atlcfg>
Last edited by djarrett on 23 Jul 2008 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 21 Jul 2008 03:48

tracks not replaying.
ok a couple instances when tracks wont replay..
and one recent that i remembeered the log

voted this track to replay it is int he adminadd dir.. in never replays.

[07/20,23:18:40] Vote by joulesbeef replays track after finish!
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[XASECO Warning] [-1000] Challenge not in the selection.
any idea?

also if someone.. /adds a track and then an admin /admin addthis and then people /replay.. it looks for the track in the tmxtmp dir instead of the /admin add
i woudl get track not found /gamedata/tracks/challanges/tmxmp/ for that error but i didnt save it so cant copy and paste but thats what it was :P

so two different error messages same symtums.. no replay
both times the tracks in the adminadd dir
but some of the tracks in the admin ad dir replay just fine.. but the ones that dont, never do.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Jul 2008 20:08

cow wrote:tracks not replaying.
ok a couple instances when tracks wont replay..
and one recent that i remembeered the log
Next time it happens, also check the current ConsoleLog for a possible error message from the dedicated itself.
cow wrote:voted this track to replay it is in the adminadd dir.. in never replays.

[07/20,23:18:40] Vote by joulesbeef replays track after finish!
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[XASECO Warning] [-1000] Challenge not in the selection.
any idea?
Hard to say without details, but it might be due to this bug in the dedicated, your ConsoleLog can confirm that. Ie. the track was added with a different path sometime ago, then moved, but the server still attempts to load it from the old path.
cow wrote:also if someone.. /adds a track and then an admin /admin addthis and then people /replay.. it looks for the track in the tmxtmp dir instead of the /admin add
i woudl get track not found /gamedata/tracks/challanges/tmxmp/ for that error but i didnt save it so cant copy and paste but thats what it was :P
Yes, this was a small XAseco bug, an internal path to the track file that's used by /replay and /ladder wasn't updated after /admin addthis moved the file. Fixed, but the dedicated bug still prevents the track from actually getting loaded until the next dedicated restart (with a matchsettings file that includes the newly added track).

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 22 Jul 2008 22:51

Trying to disable the donatepanel, but when having quoted the donateplugin out, and having
<donate_panel></donate_panel>
in the config.xml makes the admin panel disappear.

Setting the donatepanel to
<donate_panel>DonateBelowCPList</donate_panel>
gets the admin panel back, but then I have the donatepanel also... It's late, and I might have overlooked something, but I can't figure it out.....

Also... Using /admin admpanel list (or whatever other /admin admpanel command) gives no result other than a message "No valid admin panel file, use /admin admpanel list !"
Using /admin panel list gives the admin panels listed.

edit again: Logging into the server with a TMNF-account, still masteradmin, I get the adminpanel and no donpanel

having
in config.xml gives us:
TMUF+masteradmin = no donpanel and no admin panel
TMNF+masteradmin = no donpanel but showing admin panel
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 23 Jul 2008 14:17

lille79 wrote:Trying to disable the donatepanel, but when having quoted the donateplugin out, and having
in the config.xml makes the admin panel disappear.

Setting the donatepanel to
<donate_panel>DonateBelowCPList</donate_panel>
gets the admin panel back, but then I have the donatepanel also... It's late, and I might have overlooked something, but I can't figure it out.....
Nice catch. Fixed in the next release.
lille79 wrote:Also... Using /admin admpanel list (or whatever other /admin admpanel command) gives no result other than a message "No valid admin panel file, use /admin admpanel list !"
Using /admin panel list gives the admin panels listed.
That was a typo in the message, should be "...use /admin panel list". /admin admpanel always requires a new panel name as parameter.
lille79 wrote:edit again: Logging into the server with a TMNF-account, still masteradmin, I get the adminpanel and no donpanel

having
in config.xml gives us:
TMUF+masteradmin = no donpanel and no admin panel
TMNF+masteradmin = no donpanel but showing admin panel
Right, the former is now fixed, the latter is correct all along because TMNF players cannot deal with coppers.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 23 Jul 2008 15:35

Xymph wrote: Right, the former is now fixed, the latter is correct all along because TMNF players cannot deal with coppers.

i just know, if everything is enabled, but the server acc is nations only. then the donatepanel isn't displayed.
same config with united serveracc displays the donatepanel.
but thats ok anyway.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 23 Jul 2008 17:24

nouseforname wrote:
Xymph wrote: Right, the former is now fixed, the latter is correct all along because TMNF players cannot deal with coppers.
i just know, if everything is enabled, but the server acc is nations only. then the donatepanel isn't displayed.
same config with united serveracc displays the donatepanel.
but thats ok anyway.
Right, TMNF servers cannot accept coppers so there's no point in displaying donate panels either.

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by djarrett » 23 Jul 2008 21:34

Bump,,, anyone have any help wth this?
Im running xaseco1.01. on windows xp, im just wanting a autotime plugin

djarrett wrote:Thanks,Xymph
Great work

I downloaded and tried this one:
http://www.die-webber.com/downloads.php ... &fileid=19
It does not crash aseco, however the time limit on every track gets set to the default time set in auto time plug-in, Ive tried changing the config setting to all different times and the tracks continue to start with the time at the default settings,which seems to be 5

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!-- DO NOT USE THIS PLUGIN IF YOU USE JFREU PLUGIN -->
<!-- JFREU PLUGIN GOT THIS ONE INCLUDED -->
<!-- ADD THIS PLUGIN AFTER RASP PLUGIN -->
<atlcfg>
<setmultiplicator>6</setmultiplicator> <!-- Set the multiplicator for authorstime (e.g. 7 x authorstime = new timelimit). Set to 0 to disable func -->
<setmintime>3.5</setmintime> <!-- Set minimum timelimit in minutes -->
<setmaxtime>7</setmaxtime> <!-- Set maximum timelimit in minutes -->
<setdefaulttime>5</setdefaulttime> <!-- Set default timelimit in minutes if any error occours -->
</atlcfg>

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN

Post by fordry » 23 Jul 2008 21:39

Aseco 2.x?