XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.00

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

utal
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMO, TMS

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.00

Post by utal » 13 Jun 2008 00:25

excellent job! so many features! :D

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 13 Jun 2008 08:52

nouseforname wrote:i installed it, but on my server i can't change the styles.
it doesn't matter which one i try, theres no diff. also the ingame command dont' change anything. this is very strange for me.

the positions/style of adminbar, records and votepanel i can change. i alo created my ones already. but the styles have no function till now.

i have this in the config and of course there is the original styles dir.

Code: Select all

<window_style>OrangeBlur</window_style>
do u have any idea about?? or is it possible to disable it somehow? the style i have now is black coloured. it don't look to me as the default TMF one.
'fraid I have no idea why that isn't working for you, and is for so many others. There might be something wrong in your setup. Are there no warnings/errors in the log?

FYI everyone, I'll be away in an hour or two, back on Monday.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 13 Jun 2008 09:18

How dare you go on a holiday trip, you're needed here :D (At least I hope it's holiday, in this case, have fun and relax)
inactive, sorry

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 13 Jun 2008 09:40

Xymph wrote: 'fraid I have no idea why that isn't working for you, and is for so many others. There might be something wrong in your setup. Are there no warnings/errors in the log?

FYI everyone, I'll be away in an hour or two, back on Monday.

problem solved, but still strange.
i just tried it again, and it works now. but between some of the styles.xml there is no diff even after change. some works well. like white or transparent, but black and orange is no diff. anyway..... i created already my owns.

thanks and have a nice weekend
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 13 Jun 2008 10:01

Xymph, you're the man!
Wonderfull release, you deserve a Nobel Price for this one! :thumbsup:

nouseforname wrote:

between some of the styles.xml there is no diff even after change. some works well. like white or transparent, but black and orange is no diff. anyway..... i created already my owns.

thanks and have a nice weekend
On TMNF some styles won't work (as stated in the releasenotes)

Is it possible to save your personal style settings so that it is configured automatically on reconnect? I've read everywhere but can't find it....
If not, could it be made possible?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 13 Jun 2008 10:17

f*ckfish wrote:How dare you go on a holiday trip, you're needed here :D (At least I hope it's holiday, in this case, have fun and relax)
It is, so thanks. :D
Knutselmaaster wrote:Wonderfull release, you deserve a Nobel Price for this one! :thumbsup:
Thanks... but in which category? :wink:
Knutselmaaster wrote:
nouseforname wrote: between some of the styles.xml there is no diff even after change. some works well. like white or transparent, but black and orange is no diff. anyway..... i created already my owns.
On TMNF some styles won't work (as stated in the releasenotes)
That's correct, they all turn out Green, because that's Nadeo theme color for TMNF.
Knutselmaaster wrote:Is it possible to save your personal style settings so that it is configured automatically on reconnect? I've read everywhere but can't find it....
I thought about that, but it was a bridge too far for this release.
I can make it so that it's preserved in memory, and lost upon the next XAseco restart (just like your /cps and /dedicps preference), or I can store it in the database but that requires an extra table (or new field in the players table), which I've so far avoided. Preferences?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 13 Jun 2008 11:24

Xymph wrote:
Knutselmaaster wrote:Wonderfull release, you deserve a Nobel Price for this one! :thumbsup:
Thanks... but in which category? :wink:
Peace, people who play together don't make war :pil
Xymph wrote:
Knutselmaaster wrote:Is it possible to save your personal style settings so that it is configured automatically on reconnect? I've read everywhere but can't find it....
I thought about that, but it was a bridge too far for this release.
I can make it so that it's preserved in memory, and lost upon the next XAseco restart (just like your /cps and /dedicps preference), or I can store it in the database but that requires an extra table (or new field in the players table), which I've so far avoided. Preferences?
Isn't it possible to write it to a xml file, like the admin logins etc.?
Because i thought you didnt like to change things to the database...
And if its lost on Xaseco restart that would maybe be fine for linux users but not for windows users like me because windows needs restarts for updates (and worse scenarios :grmblz: ).

PS have a nice trip! If you're going to a place near Paris I invite you for a coffee at my place ;)
Last edited by Knutselmaaster on 13 Jun 2008 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 13 Jun 2008 11:41

Xymph wrote:I thought about that, but it was a bridge too far for this release.
Well since XASECO has massively grown since the old Aseco 0.61b I think, it deserves the right to create and alter tables now ;-)
inactive, sorry

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 13 Jun 2008 17:24

no brainer.
the asecos arent really compatible as it is..and you have to change the challengeid thing back anyways.. adding tables isnt as bad IMO :P
And yeah you have earned the right I'd say.. plus if it means more features and the ability for users who don't like my preferences to stop complaining that theirs don't save... I'm all for abusing the database as much as you want.

and what is the possibility with gettign some sort of cross aseco platform plugin compatibiliy.. I see there tend to be not compatible at all even for simple plugins. I gues it is all that class crap but ia m just a hack.. so what is the dealio.. is there an easy way to mode aseco2 plugins to work in xaseco
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 13 Jun 2008 21:58

cow wrote:no brainer.
the asecos arent really compatible as it is..and you have to change the challengeid thing back anyways.. adding tables isnt as bad IMO :P
And yeah you have earned the right I'd say.. plus if it means more features and the ability for users who don't like my preferences to stop complaining that theirs don't save... I'm all for abusing the database as much as you want.

and what is the possibility with gettign some sort of cross aseco platform plugin compatibiliy.. I see there tend to be not compatible at all even for simple plugins. I gues it is all that class crap but ia m just a hack.. so what is the dealio.. is there an easy way to mode aseco2 plugins to work in xaseco
At this point cross-script compatibility is pretty much impossible unless it's a really simple script. Once admin levels and manialinks get thrown into the mix, it's a no-go situation.

MadMax01
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,TMNF,TMUF

Post by MadMax01 » 14 Jun 2008 05:10

i've been using your aseco for couple of years now. i have it on 2 servers, and both work really great. thx for all you have done for us. :3 :thumbsup:

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 14 Jun 2008 08:04

Assembler Maniac wrote:At this point cross-script compatibility is pretty much impossible unless it's a really simple script. Once admin levels and manialinks get thrown into the mix, it's a no-go situation.
Well it is possible for nearly every plugin but it works best if you develop for both Asecos from the start and of course the source code will be much bigger since everything that is not pure plugin logic needs to be checked and adapted for the Asecos. The nice thing I found out when creating the widgets was that Aseco and XASECO are more similar than I thought, a lot of Aseco core functions work nearly the same and for the system specific things like admin stuff you'll just have to implement both. In the end there are equivalents to a majority of functions in both Asecos. I'd hereby encourage plugin developers to give it a shot. Have a look at the fufi widgets source, this is a snippet of my basic structure and I'd recommend not to change the dummy plugin class.

Code: Select all

$pluginVersion = '0.62b';

if (defined('XASECO_VERSION')) define('IN_XASECO', true); else define('IN_XASECO', false);

if (IN_XASECO){
	//dummy plugin class for XAseco
	if (!class_exists('Plugin')){
		class Plugin{
			var $author, $version, $description, $Aseco, $dependencies;
			function setAuthor($auth){
				$this->author = $auth;
			}
			function setVersion($version){
				$this->version = $version;
			}
			function setDescription($description){
				$this->description = $description;
			}
			function addDependence($plugin_name, $id_variable){
				if (!$this->dependencies) $this->dependencies = array();
				$this->dependencies[$id_variable] = $plugin_name;
			}
			function checkDependencies(){
				if (!$this->dependencies) return;
				foreach ($this->dependencies as $id_variable => $plugin_name) {
					$checkFor = null;
					eval('global $'.$id_variable.'; $checkFor = $'.$id_variable.';');
					if (!$checkFor){
						$this->Aseco->console('[FufiWidgets] Unmet Dependency! With your current widget configuration you need to activate "'.$plugin_name.'" to run the widgets!');
						die();
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

// Initialization of the FufiWidgets

if (IN_XASECO){

global $fufiWidgets;
	$fufiWidgets = new FufiWidgets();
	$fufiWidgets->init();
	$fufiWidgets->setAuthor('Alexander Peitz');
	$fufiWidgets->setVersion($pluginVersion);
	$fufiWidgets->setDescription('Displays and manages graphical widgets.');

//sample dependency
	if ($fufiWidgets->settings["karmawidget"]["enabled"]){
		$fufiWidgets->addDependence("Rasp Karma", 'feature_karma');
	}

//sample event
	Aseco::registerEvent('onStartup', 'fufiwidgets_xasecoStartup');
	function fufiwidgets_xasecoStartup($aseco){
		global $fufiWidgets;
		if (!$fufiWidgets->Aseco){
			$fufiWidgets->Aseco = $aseco;
		}
		$fufiWidgets->xasecoStartup();
	}
} else { //ASECO BRANCH

$_PLUGIN = new FufiWidgets();
	$_PLUGIN->init();
	$_PLUGIN->setAuthor('Alexander Peitz');
	$_PLUGIN->setVersion($pluginVersion);
	$_PLUGIN->setDescription('Displays and manages graphical widgets.');

if ($_PLUGIN->settings["karmawidget"]["enabled"]){
		$_PLUGIN->addDependence("RaspKarma", 1);
		$_PLUGIN->addEvent('onKarmaChange', 'doKarmaChange');
	}

//sample dependecy
	if ($_PLUGIN->settings["localrecordswidget"]["enabled"] || $_PLUGIN->settings["karmawidget"]["enabled"]){
		$_PLUGIN->addDependence("LocalDb", 1);
	}

//sample event
	$_PLUGIN->addEvent('onNewChallenge', 'doNewChallenge');

}
I just realized the plugin class needs a bit of tweaking^^ but I hope you're getting the point =)
inactive, sorry

SundayDriver
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: tmn

Post by SundayDriver » 14 Jun 2008 15:39

i love it thanks!

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 15 Jun 2008 06:44

hi xymph,

i've got another problem.

i hav 2 servers running with the same versions of any software and plugin.
the only different is the size of the database.

at the serve with the bigger DB the commands "recs", "topsumms" having no function. i can see it was used in the log. but nothing happens.

i tried a new db without having that. but the other server also havn't a new db, just less entrys. and it have function there.

is it a timeout problem? cause at startup, xaseco also need much longer at this server.
the db shouldn't have any problem, i tried an backup from one week ago with same result.

thanks
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 15 Jun 2008 07:59

Xymph wrote:
Knutselmaaster wrote:I'm impressed, looks really pro Xymph!
I think you need to make a tool to convert aseco 2.x database to Xaseco database, as lots of people are going to make the switch to this beauty .....
Actually someone PMed me about that just this week, so I tried running XAseco on an A/R2 database, and no conversion appeared to be needed as I didn't notice any problems displaying tracks and players (although that test database didn't have many entries for them). There's one column in the rs_times table which is renamed automatically the first time XAseco is started with such a database, as described on my XAseco page in the Installation section.

Obviously you should always make a backup of your database before switching controllers, just in case something goes wrong unexpectedly.
Well, i tried it and it definately works, with just minor glitches.
What i discovered untill now:
-Some nicknames dont appear to work (but normally they should be repaired at the moment the player reconnects to the server i suppose)
-Clicking on the items in the recpanel works on dedi rec and tmx rec but not on the local recs and pr, except when all the players in the called list have connected to the server after i put XAseco on (wich isn't possible for all tracks, as there are allways a few players that never return, especially if they are blacklisted)

I'll update/repost if i discover more.

Question: Would running the repairrecs script help and is it save to try?

ps @ AM & Flo: Sorry, it's not that i don't appreciate your work but XAseco has, imo, surpassed Aseco 2.x in functionality and looks and also the development goes much quicker, Xymph is releasing much more often. I had some lag with Aseco 2.x wich has disappeared now too.