v1.00 sneak preview

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

corneb
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Re: v1.00 sneak preview

Post by corneb » 09 Jun 2008 05:31

Nice! But what if thousands of players have been on your server? Do you have a solution for that? :P
DutchTM.nl - The Dutch TrackMania Community!
Dedicated Server Tools

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 09 Jun 2008 08:39

corneb wrote:Nice! But what if thousands of players have been on your server? Do you have a solution for that? :P
Yes. :P
/admin players (and /players) have always been able to search for players by substring (matched against nickname or login), so you can find the player(s) you need without wading through hundreds of pages in the window. My TMN server has about 34000 players in the database, which results in over 2200 pages in the unfiltered /admin players window, but that's no problem at all and doesn't cause any slow-down or something.

As for the management buttons, only the first 200 entries get them. That should be enough for any list of online players (I have no idea whether XAseco holds up on really big servers anyway), and when browsing through offline players, if you find that the player you need to change a setting for is beyond the 200 mark, it just means you'll have to refine your search string.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 09 Jun 2008 22:22

Following on the main player management window, I tackled the /jfreu players one today (this is a new command). Here is a sample screen to demonstrate the various possibilities:

There's one more feature I want to include in this version, so the release shouldn't take long anymore. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Ptitzizi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by Ptitzizi » 10 Jun 2008 00:44

Wow, it's amazing !
I can't wait for this release !

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by k4nm4n » 10 Jun 2008 11:56

My question is if you will add a clickable menu for users, like jukebox and music?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 10 Jun 2008 12:52

k4nm4n wrote:My question is if you will add a clickable menu for users, like jukebox and music?
See the first post, third screenshot for the track list where you can jukebox a track with one click. The /music list command has the same thing.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 11 Jun 2008 16:30

While I'm wrapping v1.00 up for release this evening, here are some screens of the vote panel, for which the four available templates are placed such that they coincide nicely with a possible admin panel in the same areas (but all panels can be placed individually at desired locations). This is the typical CallVote spot:

But both also snug nicely below the chat window:

AM, I hope this illustrates what I meant in this thread. The player can hit F5, click the Yes button, or enter /y to submit his vote (which will also disable his panel).

Ptitzizi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by Ptitzizi » 11 Jun 2008 17:03

Yeah, it looks great :)
Good luck !

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 11 Jun 2008 17:43

Xymph wrote:While I'm wrapping v1.00 up for release this evening, here are some screens of the vote panel, for which the four available templates are placed such that they coincide nicely with a possible admin panel in the same areas (but all panels can be placed individually at desired locations). This is the typical CallVote spot:

But both also snug nicely below the chat window:

AM, I hope this illustrates what I meant in this thread. The player can hit F5, click the Yes button, or enter /y to submit his vote (which will also disable his panel).
Yep, knew exactly what you meant. Looks good, but where's the text that says what the Yes/No is for? Once it scrolls off the bottom chat it's going to be hard to quickly see what the vote was for. (playing a bit of the Devil's advocate here. Ornery, aren't I)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 11 Jun 2008 18:31

Assembler Maniac wrote:
Xymph wrote:AM, I hope this illustrates what I meant in this thread. The player can hit F5, click the Yes button, or enter /y to submit his vote (which will also disable his panel).
Yep, knew exactly what you meant. Looks good, but where's the text that says what the Yes/No is for? Once it scrolls off the bottom chat it's going to be hard to quickly see what the vote was for.
Well that's the beauty of the chat-based voting plugin, it will not only repeat the vote reason whenever any player votes /y (to show the decreasing number of needed votes), but there's also an automatic reminder where that message is repeated upon every EndRound event (in Rounds/Team/Cup modes) or about every 30 seconds (in the other modes). So that keeps people informed of what's going on. That's all mentioned in those release notes btw, but I guess your chronic lack of time excuses you from having read all that. :wink: (So you can already start being scared of the v1.00 notes, as those are massive. 8) )
Assembler Maniac wrote:(playing a bit of the Devil's advocate here. Ornery, aren't I)
That's fine, if you do find a loophole I'll be the first to congratulate and thank you. :D

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 11 Jun 2008 18:44

Xymph wrote:While I'm wrapping v1.00 up for release this evening
is it coming today or am i just understanding you wrong :ftw: :ftw:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 11 Jun 2008 19:52

TripleT wrote:
is it coming today or am i just understanding you wrong :ftw:
No you're not... almost done. :mrgreen:

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 11 Jun 2008 19:58

Xymph wrote:
TripleT wrote:
is it coming today or am i just understanding you wrong :ftw:
No you're not... almost done. :mrgreen:
yehaa :3
can´t wait for it :thumbsup:

kevtoofoo
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Post by kevtoofoo » 11 Jun 2008 20:24

TripleT wrote: yehaa :3
can´t wait for it :thumbsup:

+1
i'm fed up with coming here too see if v1 is up :mrgreen:
For sure i'll be enjoyed of it
:1

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 11 Jun 2008 20:38

Those of you poking around my server for downloads like xaseco_1.0.zip, xaseco_1.00.zip, xaseco_010.zip and xaseco_10b.zip, you can stop now. xaseco_100.zip is the one :roflol: