Feature requests

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

No-body
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO

Feature requests

Post by No-body » 22 May 2008 18:32

I just have some wishes for XAseco, could you think about it please?

*Jukebox/Tracklist
- It would be very nice if its possible to click the names on the list for adding them to the Jukebox
- Possibility to add second/third track to the JB for an amount of ### coppers (see Mistral - Aseco)

* GUI
- possibility to disable roundsfinishlist (the list on right side of screen that appears when first player finishes)
- looking forward to see all possible commands in menuform (v1.00 ??)
- some easy donate buttons onscreen would be nice

*CMDS
- integrate the jfreu commands in the normal admin commandslist

* Maybe some kind of lottery?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: Feature requests

Post by Xymph » 22 May 2008 22:26

No-body wrote:I just have some wishes for XAseco, could you think about it please?
Ok, I'll think out loud. :D
No-body wrote:*Jukebox/Tracklist
- It would be very nice if its possible to click the names on the list for adding them to the Jukebox
Planned for v1.00.
No-body wrote: - Possibility to add second/third track to the JB for an amount of ### coppers (see Mistral - Aseco)
Hmm, I don't really like the idea of players paying for server features, it's more fair to keep everything the same for all players rich and poor. Besides, the jukeboxing stuff is complex enough as it is, without adding a donating layer in there.
No-body wrote:* GUI
- possibility to disable roundsfinishlist (the list on right side of screen that appears when first player finishes)
Already done in v0.97, the /admin roundsfinish command. :wink:
No-body wrote: - looking forward to see all possible commands in menuform (v1.00 ??)
Don't know, too many commands cannot be used from a clickable menu because they require parameters in the chat.
No-body wrote:*CMDS
- integrate the jfreu commands in the normal admin commandslist
No, too many admins don't want the full list and only use the lite plugin. Also, a lot of the /jfreu commands are closely related to the rank limiting and other features of the full Jfreu plugin, and it would be a total pain to rip everything apart and integrate into the main admin plugin. There are limits to how much time I can spend on all this programming. :mrgreen:
No-body wrote:* Maybe some kind of lottery?
No, I'm no fan of those, this is a racing game, not a gambling one.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 22 May 2008 22:41

Maybe rethink your jukebox (cost) and lotterie strategy.

I had the same opinion in the begining, but i changed my mind ... Nadeo made the coppers a part of the game ... i didnt want to ignore them.

Costs - rich, poor ... everyone can win the lottery ... thats at least 4 tracks in the jukebox ... many save the coppers for (i dont know - insert your favorite expense here ^^).

But im with you about this racing game issue .. thats why i made a (fully automatic) lottery ... no bets.

BTW ... why you have private messages? ... It's a racing server, not a chat server ;)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 May 2008 22:59

Mistral wrote:BTW ... why you have private messages? ... It's a racing server, not a chat server ;)
Hehe, because admins, clan members and others sometimes have a real need to discuss something without random players being able to read it. And because it already existed in Aseco/Rasp v0.7 before I started working on it, and I don't like to take features away that people are already used to.

Anyway, I'm also holding off on this because my plate is plenty full already. Maybe some day, which I have nothing else to work on, I'll reconsider. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 22 May 2008 23:06

Xymph wrote:
No-body wrote: - looking forward to see all possible commands in menuform (v1.00 ??)
Don't know, too many commands cannot be used from a clickable menu because they require parameters in the chat.
Yeah, I was quite disappointed when I realized there wouldn't be any edit fields for the server manialinks...

But I'd really like to see a menu where at least the boolean stuff would be clickable ;-)
inactive, sorry

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 23 May 2008 17:05

/pm mistral not only is pm good for admins discussing a problem, a new recruit, a secret but it is a little more polite to tell chatty people to take it to pm than to boot /mute them.
I also love /tm
and /om
it does wonders for keeping chat out of the server.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

No-body
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO

Post by No-body » 23 May 2008 18:35

Xymph wrote:
No-body wrote:*Jukebox/Tracklist
Planned for v1.00.
Nice :)
Xymph wrote:
No-body wrote: - Possibility to add second/third track to the JB for an amount of ### coppers (see Mistral - Aseco)
Hmm, I don't really like the idea of players paying for server features, it's more fair to keep everything the same for all players rich and poor. Besides, the jukeboxing stuff is complex enough as it is, without adding a donating layer in there.
I understand that but thats why i asked dor paying coppers for adding a second/third track, (not the first) I think its important that everybody is able to jukebox tracks, but when you want more then you pay for it with coppers
Xymph wrote:
No-body wrote:* GUI
Already done in v0.97, the /admin roundsfinish command. :wink:
Thanks, i should read your information better
Xymph wrote: ....
Just a way to give people back the coppers they spent in the jukebox.

About the other points, i understand that not all is possible... Just wanted to thank you for your xaseco version, to me its the best version around :)

Graum
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF/TMNF

Post by Graum » 23 May 2008 19:13

I also run xaseco0.99 now on mTz`minis server. And we are trying to develop a lottery ourselves. Could you take at least take a look at this thread, and try to help us a little bit with our problem? viewtopic.php?f=127&t=15962
Thanks in advance. And btw. Xaseco rulesz
--
With regards,

Matthijs `Graum` Spoolder
MenTiz TM Coordinator

graum@mentiz.com
www.mentiz.com

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 23 May 2008 19:23

No-body wrote:
Xymph wrote:
I understand that but thats why i asked dor paying coppers for adding a second/third track, (not the first) I think its important that everybody is able to jukebox tracks, but when you want more then you pay for it with coppers
I understand, but that doesn't change the complexity... if anything that makes it even worse. :wink:
No-body wrote:
Xymph wrote:
Just a way to give people back the coppers they spent in the jukebox.
Well, if I don't let them spend, there's nothing to give back. :lol: But kidding aside, I realize there are different views on this. Some servers may also like to save up all coppers to become a high-ranked server.

Anyway, the above comment is my final word on the matter for now.
No-body wrote:About the other points, i understand that not all is possible... Just wanted to thank you for your xaseco version, to me its the best version around :)
Thanks.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 23 May 2008 19:28

f*ckfish wrote:
Xymph wrote:Don't know, too many commands cannot be used from a clickable menu because they require parameters in the chat.
Yeah, I was quite disappointed when I realized there wouldn't be any edit fields for the server manialinks...

But I'd really like to see a menu where at least the boolean stuff would be clickable ;-)
Few user commands are truly boolean, only /cps comes to mind. Or are you referring to admin commands? That's planned for v1.00 or later yeah.

Ptitzizi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by Ptitzizi » 27 May 2008 21:37

I hesitated between Aseco and Xaseco but now I know witch one I'll choose :D

Just, I've some questions :

- is it possible to enable the CPS for everyone ?

- is it possible to see like aseco the "Rec" and your "PB" in the left ? is it possible too add the WR like that ?

Thanx in advance !

EDIT : I just see that the Rec and PB will be built for the 1.00 (sorry).

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 May 2008 22:54

Ptitzizi wrote:- is it possible to enable the CPS for everyone ?
With a little editing of plugin.checkpoints.php, sure. But why would you force players to use something, the idea of the /cps command is to let them choose themselves.
Ptitzizi wrote:- is it possible to see like aseco the "Rec" and your "PB" in the left ? is it possible too add the WR like that ?
[...]
EDIT : I just see that the Rec and PB will be built for the 1.00 (sorry).
Well, Fufi already made his widgets compatible with XAseco, and they include a nice Local Records panel with both the track top-3 records and your PB (and surrounding records). So you can use that right now already.

Ptitzizi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Ptitzizi » 28 May 2008 00:06

Xymph wrote: With a little editing of plugin.checkpoints.php, sure. But why would you force players to use something, the idea of the /cps command is to let them choose themselves.
I agree but not everyone knows the command for enable it.
I thougt that the CPS could be able initially and if someone want to disable it, he can with the command.
So, I already taked a look in the file but I admit that outmatch my abilities... Can you just lead me a bit ?
Xymph wrote: Well, Fufi already made his widgets compatible with XAseco, and they include a nice Local Records panel with both the track top-3 records and your PB (and surrounding records). So you can use that right now already.
Yes, I saw and I use it already but I prefer a window with these informations (REC, PB, WR).
Is it hard to do that ?
You talked about the "The Local Records Widget" and the "The Live Rankings Widget", that's right ?

Thanx in advance, bye !

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 May 2008 09:37

Ptitzizi wrote:
Xymph wrote:With a little editing of plugin.checkpoints.php, sure. But why would you force players to use something, the idea of the /cps command is to let them choose themselves.
I agree but not everyone knows the command for enable it.
I thougt that the CPS could be able initially and if someone want to disable it, he can with the command.
So, I already taked a look in the file but I admit that outmatch my abilities... Can you just lead me a bit ?
In function addplayer_cp, within the if block, add the else block from function chat_cps. So it becomes:

Code: Select all

function addplayer_cp($aseco, $player) {
  global $checkpoint, $warmup_phase;

// check for new player
  if (!isset($checkpoints[$player->login])) {
    $checkpoints[$player->login] = new Checkpoints();
    $checkpoints[$player->login]->display = true;
    // enable CP panel unless spectator, Stunts mode, or warm-up
    if ($aseco->server->getGame() == 'TMF' && !$player->isspectator &&
        $aseco->server->gameinfo->mode != 4 && !$warmup_phase)
      display_cpspanel($player->login, 0, '$00f -.--');
  }
}
Haven't tested all this, but I think it should work.
Ptitzizi wrote:
Xymph wrote:Well, Fufi already made his widgets compatible with XAseco, and they include a nice Local Records panel with both the track top-3 records and your PB (and surrounding records). So you can use that right now already.
Yes, I saw and I use it already but I prefer a window with these informations (REC, PB, WR).
Is it hard to do that ?
Don't know, haven't investigated yet. Btw, which WR is that, TMX or Dedimania?
Ptitzizi wrote:You talked about the "The Local Records Widget" and the "The Live Rankings Widget", that's right ?
Correct.

Ptitzizi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Ptitzizi » 28 May 2008 09:52

Xymph wrote: Btw, which WR is that, TMX or Dedimania?
I talked about the TMX record. I thougt it wasn't too difficult to do that 'cause the TMX record is already display.