[(X)Aseco] Fufi Widgets (v0.80b)

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: [(X)Aseco] Fufi Widgets (SATO like)

Post by f*ckfish » 20 Jun 2008 12:28

I've somehow been just waiting for this since it occured in Aseco before^^

I could build in some kind of a playerlimit which causes the record widgets to hide if the playercount is above this limit and to reappear as soon as the server gets below that limit. That's the only thing I can do, if that's okay with you? That should result in less crashing on higher populated servers.
inactive, sorry

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Yorkshire » 21 Jun 2008 12:07

f*ckfish wrote:I could build in some kind of a playerlimit which causes the record widgets to hide if the playercount is above this limit and to reappear as soon as the server gets below that limit. That's the only thing I can do, if that's okay with you? That should result in less crashing on higher populated servers.
It's a shame, but I'd go with that. Xaseco crashes at something just over 30 users on my servers (fine without the widgets), so I'd default it to about 25.

Maybe message the chat log though, just to let people know what's happening.

Regards,

Nick.

Onice_
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMUF, TMN

Post by Onice_ » 23 Jun 2008 08:20

f*ckfish wrote:I could build in some kind of a playerlimit which causes the record widgets to hide if the playercount is above this limit and to reappear as soon as the server gets below that limit. That's the only thing I can do, if that's okay with you? That should result in less crashing on higher populated servers.
Or maybe a solution is to put 3 buttons (one per widgets : live, local and dedimania) and display only one widget at once.
Member/Admin of the FullSpeedAddicts freaks !

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 23 Jun 2008 09:52

That wouldn't really reduce the number of manialink calls since all of the record-widgets are sent in one call. But I also thought about just getting rid of the player specific information above a specified player limit. That would mean you wouldn't see your surrounding records anymore but only the top 10 or so. This would result in one single call instead of one per player.
inactive, sorry

Siox
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Siox » 26 Jun 2008 02:41

hi f*ckfish

The xmlprc Error [connection interupted] is the same how in Aseco2. On a server with more as 50 Players. Aseco crashs with your fufi.plugins. Only disabling the widgets liveranking and localranking will stable the (x)aseco installation.

thx

PS: New hope to one of the next versions of the manialink framework.

lg

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 26 Jun 2008 06:16

Since I don't use the framework for the widgets, this won't change the widgets^^ But I of course like the enhancements and the efforts put into the new framework =)
To all: Sorry, at the moment I'm unable to write code for the widgets, I'm busy getting the WiiRemote Infrared tracking to work for a project in my studies.

Maybe I'll find some time in the next days but I can't promise it. I also work on another useful plugin for XASECO called fufi menu, I'll see how this turns out but there's still a lot of work to be done =)
inactive, sorry

Kjell T. Ring
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS

Post by Kjell T. Ring » 26 Jun 2008 23:22

Just wanted to report the same. XAseco 1.00 crashes with FuFi widget when player count reaches above 40 players. Disabled FuFi and no crash.
A positive sideeffect is that the music plugins is much faster and reliable, and songs loads before race starts.
But players are missing FuFi widget and they want it back asap, so I really hope this could get fixed.

Anyways, thanks for your efforts :)

Ptitzizi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by Ptitzizi » 27 Jun 2008 10:02

Yeah, the same, it craches when there are 40 players :(

niarfman
road tourist
road tourist

Post by niarfman » 09 Jul 2008 12:30

Same crash (XMLRPC errors) when more than 50 players with Aseco 2.2.0c and 2.1.6 (I have noticed it with 70 players => Crash as soon as Aseco stat).

Good luck to stabilize it.

Your widget is very useful. I had the choice to disable it or to reduce max number of players => I prefer to limit my servers to 48 players and it is stable.
Admin en second des serveurs SSM° / tripatouilleur de PHP
Tous nos serveurs tournent sous GNU/Linux !

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 09 Jul 2008 15:36

There will be a new version out soon (0.7).
I implemented a limit. If this limit is reached, the widgets switch to "high performance mode" (isn't that a fancy word?)
What happens in hpm is your choice. There will be a new section in the config.xml where you can specify the properties of hpm. First of all you can disable each record widget individually, which should help. If that is not enough, you'll have the choice to set the record widgets to static mode. This means they will no longer be created for every player individually but for all players at once, in this case the widgets get rid of the "close-2-you"-player-specific technology and only display plain and simple "top10"-like lists which should speed up everything enormously, a negative side effect of this technology is that it won't be possible to hide the widgets anymore.
As soon as the playercount gets under the limit, the dynamic default widget behaviour will be back.

Actually there's not only one limit. I implemented a limitrange so that the switching between the modes won't flicker to frequently.

I still have some testing to do but as soon as I'm pleased with everything, I'll put the new version online. There will also be some bugfixes and maybe one or two little new features.
inactive, sorry

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by jouko100 » 09 Jul 2008 22:00

I hope it is possible to set hpm mode is always on.Because my server has problem if dedimania records are on and under 10 players.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 10 Jul 2008 15:02

jouko100 wrote:I hope it is possible to set hpm mode is always on.Because my server has problem if dedimania records are on and under 10 players.
It is possible by setting the limits to 0 or better -1, but I think in this case it would be better for you just to disable the dedimania widget. Although I'm pretty sure that the dedimania widget shouldn't take up too many resources since it's the widget which is updated the less frequent of all, unless you only use new maps.
Do you really get this XML-RPC Transport Error with less than 10 players? What kind of internet connection does your server have? I mean, I got a crappy internet connection at home, but I can run a laggy server with 20 players and never had any Transport Error.
inactive, sorry

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by jouko100 » 10 Jul 2008 19:42

people are complaining lag if i have dedimania widget on. I have 2 M internet connection

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by blooper » 11 Jul 2008 02:26

I have a few suggestions.
1. Can you make the karma widget display the number of ++ and -- votes next to the + and - buttons?
2. Is it possible to make a box that says "You haven't voted for this track yet. Vote ---->" (or something similar) near the karma widget pop up after you finish if you haven't voted?
3. Can you make the widgets stay visible on the results screen? Also, can a larger karma vote box pop up like on aseco?

Great work on the widgets. They look great. I can't play on a server without them now. :thumbsup:

serg_sk
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by serg_sk » 18 Jul 2008 12:37

your plugins work fot TMN?
All installed fine, in log i get:

Code: Select all

[XAseco] Load plugin [plugin.fufi.widgets.php]
without any errors.

Any ideas?