XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.99b

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.99

Post by Xymph » 22 May 2008 13:16

bmandk wrote:Where do i have to put that code from: Here??
That's in chat.admin.php where the password commands are. Or you can just download the xaseco_099.zip file again.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

bmandk
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by bmandk » 22 May 2008 14:04

Thx alot! :D

I also have another thing:

Can u make something so the map only can be played 3 times or something? and make a XML file so u can change it ;D it would be nice if u could do that

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 May 2008 14:08

bmandk wrote:Can u make something so the map only can be played 3 times or something? and make a XML file so u can change it ;D it would be nice if u could do that
Huh? "The" map? Which track? How do you mean "only can be played 3 times"? 3 times in what timeframe? In which game mode? Why do I ask so many questions? :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

bmandk
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by bmandk » 22 May 2008 14:11

Uhmm srr In time attack. you have the /replay command and can u make so u only can replay it 3 times??

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 22 May 2008 14:12

well have a little request on the music plugin:

add one or all music-files which are in the music server folder with an /music add xx or all command

with the latest release you can edit the musicserver.xml with new songs and then reload it with /music reload but i think my idea is a little easier :wink: :roflol:

TripleT

bmandk
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by bmandk » 22 May 2008 14:14

Oups forgot to mention it was the map... srr for bad english if mention is spelled wrong :D But do u think u can do it Xymph??

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 May 2008 15:23

bmandk wrote:Uhmm srr In time attack. you have the /replay command and can u make so u only can replay it 3 times??
Ah, in that way. That was already requested back in the v0.8x series after chat-based voting was added, but it would be a real hassle to keep track of that.

Besides, /replay requires a vote to pass, so if the majority of players really want to replay a track once, twice or more times, what's the problem with that? You can always make it a little harder to achieve that majority by increasing the voting ratio in includes/votes.config.php, then the votes are less likely to pass multiple times. Or keep an admin around to put a stop to it if you really think it's been going on too long.

bmandk
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by bmandk » 22 May 2008 15:26

Oups again i meant /admin replay
I know u just can skip but if another is admin so he can just go back by typing: /admin prev And so on

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 22 May 2008 18:12

bmandk wrote:Oups again i meant /admin replay
I know u just can skip but if another is admin so he can just go back by typing: /admin prev And so on
Shouldn't admins be responsible enough to NOT annoy their players with such behaviour?^^
Xymph wrote:Yes, that's what normally happened in TMN, and thus the teamname is emptied in TMF. But I thought matchsave used its own database tables to keep track of the info it needs? There's even a teamname field in the match_details table
No, Matchsave uses the teamname it gets from the player object. The additional tables are only there for storing the actual match data.
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 May 2008 21:38

bmandk wrote:Oups again i meant /admin replay
Admins are supposed to know what they're doing. If they're doing things you (as MasterAdmin, presumably) don't want them to, take away their admin privileges. Simple as that. In general, this is a people management problem, not a software problem. :wink:

Kjell T. Ring
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS

Post by Kjell T. Ring » 22 May 2008 21:44

I have just upgraded on one of my servers and not tested it very much yet. Just posting to tell that I really appriciate your effort and like:
- /server -> $l links finally works.
- /admin server is a godsend for me and my fellow admins.
- /stats is more detailed than ever. Nice! While wins, draws and losses works with /stats, why isn't it possible to include this is Aseco TM stats? I know this isn't your departement X, but I hope someone (Cypher?) can answer.

I look forward to try the music plugin. I understand that .mp3 is not supported :( /me don't like the thought of converting files to .ogg/.mux format....

What happened to /statsall ?
Is it possible to highlight /helpall and /admin helpall commands that are added or changed from the previous release?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 May 2008 22:12

Kjell T. Ring wrote:I have just upgraded on one of my servers and not tested it very much yet. Just posting to tell that I really appriciate your effort and like:
- /server -> $l links finally works.
- /admin server is a godsend for me and my fellow admins.
Glad to hear it. :)
Kjell T. Ring wrote:- /stats is more detailed than ever. Nice! While wins, draws and losses works with /stats, why isn't it possible to include this is Aseco TM stats? I know this isn't your departement X, but I hope someone (Cypher?) can answer.
Indeed, I can't help you there.
Kjell T. Ring wrote:I look forward to try the music plugin. I understand that .mp3 is not supported :( /me don't like the thought of converting files to .ogg/.mux format....
That's not a plugin restriction but a TrackMania restriction, nothing I can do about it.
Kjell T. Ring wrote:What happened to /statsall ?
From the end of the Features page:
Known issues in the v0.96+ release of XASECO:

* the /statsall command doesn't work in TMF because there's no way to obtain a player's world stats (yet?)
Specifically, this is the problem, but Florent recently announced that they're working on a publicly accessible stats server/site so it should be solved soon hopefully. When it's done I'll finish my TMFDataFetcher module and redo the /statsall command.
Kjell T. Ring wrote:Is it possible to highlight /helpall and /admin helpall commands that are added or changed from the previous release?
I think it would be confusing to do it within the game, that's why I post detailed release notes each time.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 May 2008 22:45

TripleT wrote:well have a little request on the music plugin:

add one or all music-files which are in the music server folder with an /music add xx or all command

with the latest release you can edit the musicserver.xml with new songs and then reload it with /music reload but i think my idea is a little easier :wink:
It might seem easier to you, but it seems tricky too me. :) I haven't looked deeply into it yet, but I don't see a standard way to read the file list from a HTTP directory in PHP, so I'd just have to read the "page" and parse the info, which is a hassle considering the little variations in which various HTTP servers can format a directory listing.

Besides, the point of making you specify an exact list of song filenames in the XML file is that you can then close your server directory for browsing (mode 711 on Unix/Linux), thus preventing a random user from "stealing" your entire music collection. For this same security reason, /music settings doesn't show that server URL to regular players.

Paris69
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Paris69 » 23 May 2008 08:57

a simple index.php for listing oggs in server folder (and for copy-paste to musicserver.xml):

Code: Select all

<?php
echo '<head>';
echo '</head>';
echo '<body background="index.gif" bgcolor="#666666" text="#999999" link="#ffffff" vlink="#cccccc" alink="#ff0000">';

// find all oggs
function listogg ($curpath) {
    $pocet = 0;
    $dir = dir($curpath);
    while ($file = $dir->read()) {
        if($file != "." && $file != "..") {
            if (is_dir($curpath.$file)) {
                                listogg($curpath.$file."\\");
            } else {
$extension = substr($file, -4, 4);
if($extension == ".ogg"){
  echo '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<song>'.$file.'</song></br>';
$pocet++;
}
            }
        }
    }
    $dir->close();
    return;
}

$startpath = ".";
listogg($startpath);

echo '</body>';
?>

Paris69
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Paris69 » 23 May 2008 09:02

have a "bug" info for musicserver:

- when is one song jukeboxed, the server skips one song in default list.

(but: great tool! thnx Xymph! :) )