ASECO/RASP v0.91 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.91 released!

Post by Xymph » 19 Dec 2007 21:35

Xymph wrote:
Slig wrote:There are some other issues than this one for GbxRemote.inc.php with php5/php6 on linux 64 (amd64), for windows 64 i don't know, i can't test. And there are issues not only with amd64 but all recent php5/php6, for the stream_select() particulary...

I think that the version i modified some time ago should be ok for aseco too : GbxRemote.inc.zip or GbxRemote.inc.php.txt
Okay, there are a lot more changes here indeed, but they look plausible and everything works fine on my server, so I'll include this with the next release. Thanks.
Besides those fixes, this version of GbxRemote.inc.php has another important benefit: it's significantly faster than the previous version (which remained essentially the same since ASECO/RASP v0.7). I always wondered why commands etc. on servers running FAST are more responsive than those with ASECO, but didn't think of comparing the GbxRemote modules between the two. Now ASECO is equally fast 8) and even player muting works much better. Thanks again Slig.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 19 Dec 2007 23:51

Xymph wrote:
Xymph wrote:
Slig wrote:There are some other issues than this one for GbxRemote.inc.php with php5/php6 on linux 64 (amd64), for windows 64 i don't know, i can't test. And there are issues not only with amd64 but all recent php5/php6, for the stream_select() particulary...

I think that the version i modified some time ago should be ok for aseco too : GbxRemote.inc.zip or GbxRemote.inc.php.txt
Okay, there are a lot more changes here indeed, but they look plausible and everything works fine on my server, so I'll include this with the next release. Thanks.
Besides those fixes, this version of GbxRemote.inc.php has another important benefit: it's significantly faster than the previous version (which remained essentially the same since ASECO/RASP v0.7). I always wondered why commands etc. on servers running FAST are more responsive than those with ASECO, but didn't think of comparing the GbxRemote modules between the two. Now ASECO is equally fast 8) and even player muting works much better. Thanks again Slig.
I've had the same thought, fast has always seemed to run much faster so this sounds like a very nice change, but i have been trying both versions of GbxRemote.inc.php.

http://tmn.dragons-server.de/GbxRemote.inc.php.txt
Seems to work just fine but hard to tell if things run faster but will try to run with this version.

The slig version
http://kheops.unice.fr/slig/tmu/xmlrpc/ ... te.inc.zip
which i initially tried long time ago while trying to get my 64 bit server running together with aseco/rasp does bail out with a error message (running on a 32 bit system)

53.124]
###############################################################################
Aseco v0.91 Xymph running on 127.0.0.1:5000
Game : TmNationsESWC - TimeAttack
Author: Florian Schnell
Re-Authored: Assembler Maniac & Xymph
###############################################################################
Begin Race

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IXR_ClientMulticall_Gbx::resetError() in /TrackMania-TMN/aseco-ng/aseco.php on line 592

Does this version work for you xypmh without modifications to aseco.php?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 19 Dec 2007 23:57

soehest wrote:Fatal error: Call to undefined method IXR_ClientMulticall_Gbx::resetError() in /TrackMania-TMN/aseco-ng/aseco.php on line 592

No, I added that resetError function long ago to the old version (and again to this updated one):

Code: Select all

function resetError() {
  $this->error = new IXR_Error(0, '');
}
Put it next to function getErrorCode() inside class IXR_Client_Gbx.
I added that because referencing an object's member variables directly (as was originally done in aseco.php with this statement: "$this->client->error->code = 0;") is somewhat "not done" in OO programming. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by soehest » 20 Dec 2007 01:45

Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:Fatal error: Call to undefined method IXR_ClientMulticall_Gbx::resetError() in /TrackMania-TMN/aseco-ng/aseco.php on line 592

No, I added that resetError function long ago to the old version (and again to this updated one):

Code: Select all

function resetError() {
}
I added that because referencing an object's member variables directly (as was originally done in aseco.php with this statement: "$this->client->error->code = 0;") is somewhat "not done" in OO programming. :wink:
Even though i only have been running this for 10 minutes at not many people are online at this moment i must say it feels like my server is on steroids. Commands are instant now. Only question remaining will this run on a true 64 bit server :-)

Regards

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 20 Dec 2007 09:16

Is this updated GbxRemote in v0.91, or is it coming in the next release? (I haven't tried v0.91 yet - I'm still on v0.90)
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Dec 2007 10:17

El Fuego wrote:Is this updated GbxRemote in v0.91, or is it coming in the next release? (I haven't tried v0.91 yet - I'm still on v0.90)
It will be in the next release, but I don't have a lot done for it yet (just the /statsall command, a few smaller enhancements and two somewhat important bug fixes) so I don't know when it's ready. But if you download it from Slig's link and add that one function as described above, you can deploy it now already.
soehest wrote:Even though i only have been running this for 10 minutes at not many people are online at this moment i must say it feels like my server is on steroids. Commands are instant now. Only question remaining will this run on a true 64 bit server :-)
Yeah, it makes a real difference. :D And I just got a pm from Aikira that it works on his "Debian 64 Lamp Root Server" too, while the previous version with just the 64-bit fix (which isn't related to the speed improvements) worked for Xerrez. So I think your question can be answered affirmatively.

Aikira
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by Aikira » 20 Dec 2007 10:49

Aikira wrote:We have a problem with Aseco/RASP v0.91 on a Debian 64 Lamp Root Server, probably one of you could help us... We have started TrackmaniaServer with all the necessary settings, we started under phpmyadmin the necessary database and we also copied a running Version of Aseco v0.91 onto the rootserver. After starting the TrackmaniaServer and after running Aseco with (php5 aseco.php), we get the load plugin messages and rasp is running, until we get
Begin Race
[12/19,09:12:32] track changed [none] >> [Little empire]
[12/19,09:12:32] currently no record on Little empire

and that's it. We've tried different GbxRemote.inc.php files specified here, but the result stays the same, aseco always stops after the first few print outs on the terminal. We hope that you can help us with our problem, if you need more infos please let us know.

Bye Aikira

P.S.: I want to apologize for my English, I'm just a German ;-)
Okay I try to explain what I did to make it work, first the root server we have uses debian 64bit with an additional thingy called LAMP^^.
I just had to copy slig's GBXRemote.inc.php http://kheops.unice.fr/slig/tmu/xmlrpc/ ... te.inc.zip into the includes-folder
and after that implement the function
function resetError() {
}
as Xymph explained
I added that because referencing an object's member variables directly (as was originally done in aseco.php with this statement: "$this->client->error->code = 0;") is somewhat "not done" in OO programming.
That's it. I hope that helps...

Bye Aikira

Insensus
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by Insensus » 20 Dec 2007 19:12

The version you are all talking about, the one being faster than others.
Is that the one included in the TmDedicated download or has it been customized since then?
I wonder because I can't find many differences between the two of them.

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by soehest » 21 Dec 2007 06:47

Aikira wrote:Okay I try to explain what I did to make it work, first the root server we have uses debian 64bit with an additional thingy called LAMP^^.
I just had to copy slig's GBXRemote.inc.php http://kheops.unice.fr/slig/tmu/xmlrpc/ ... te.inc.zip into the includes-folder
function resetError() {
}
as Xymph explained
All sounds nice, need a little details on this though. Are you running a "true" 64 bit system and not using php compiled with linux32 as previous attempts of getting aseco/rasp to run required?

Regards

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by soehest » 21 Dec 2007 06:55

Insensus wrote:The version you are all talking about, the one being faster than others.
Is that the one included in the TmDedicated download or has it been customized since then?
I wonder because I can't find many differences between the two of them.
The faster version is not included in the dedicated server download. There are huge differences between the two files. There has always been several versions of this file (GbxRemote.inc.php) The one used in the current version of aseco/rasp is not the same as the one included in the dedicated download either.

Regards

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by soehest » 21 Dec 2007 08:16

Just noticed this:

guess that can't be correct :-)

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 21 Dec 2007 10:46

soehest wrote:Just noticed this:
[...snipped image...]

What isn't correct? That it says '<none>' for a player that has no server rank? Seems rather logical to me. :wink:

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by soehest » 21 Dec 2007 13:24

Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:Just noticed this:
[...snipped image...]

What isn't correct? That it says '<none>' for a player that has no server rank? Seems rather logical to me. :wink:
Oh the none part is correct to me as well :-) I was thinking that there are users sharing the same rank, how is that possible? Am i missing out on something as usual :mrgreen:

Regards

Aikira
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by Aikira » 21 Dec 2007 14:34

soehest wrote:
Aikira wrote:Okay I try to explain what I did to make it work, first the root server we have uses debian 64bit with an additional thingy called LAMP^^.
function resetError() {
}
as Xymph explained
All sounds nice, need a little details on this though. Are you running a "true" 64 bit system and not using php compiled with linux32 as previous attempts of getting aseco/rasp to run required?

Regards
It's a real 64bit system, but whether the problem is a result of a wrong compiled php file I don't know. Sorry!!!

------------->>>>>>>>>>>NEW PROBLEM:
[LA'z Pege] /admin restartmap
>> PASSWORD La'Z Pege restarted challenge!

If we're using a admin command, then our admin password is shown. How can I modify the messages????
Please help us!!!

Bye Aikira

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 21 Dec 2007 15:45

Aikira wrote:------------->>>>>>>>>>>NEW PROBLEM:
[LA'z Pege] /admin restartmap
>> PASSWORD La'Z Pege restarted challenge!

If we're using a admin command, then our admin password is shown. How can I modify the messages????
Please help us!!!
The adminops.xml file starts with a <titles> section that defines the titles by which admins are shown in those messages. If you entered your admin password there instead, then yes, it will be shown. :roll: