ASECO/RASP v0.91 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.91 released!

Post by Xymph » 16 Dec 2007 01:21

Xerrez wrote:I have following problem:

I use a tmn dediacted server on a 64bit Linux with XEN Kernel (Debian Etch). When I try to run Aseco 0.91 with the PHP5 that you could install using apt-get, every time the challenge changes, php5 uses 99% of the processor. I had this problem with Aseco 0.61b also, but there I found a fix (compile PHP5 from source with linux32).

But when I try to run Aseco 0.91 with the 32bit compiled PHP5, the last message I see is "Try to authenticate...".

I have tracked down the problem to the multiquery() call in the connect() function.
How can I solve this problem?
Hmm... try the following. In aseco.php, replace this section starting at line 464:

Code: Select all

// logon the server
      $this->client->addCall('Authenticate', array($this->server->login, $this->server->pass));

// enable callback system
      $this->client->addCall('EnableCallbacks', array(true));

// start query
      if (!$this->client->multiquery()) {
        trigger_error('[' . $this->client->getErrorCode() . '] ' . $this->client->getErrorMessage(), E_USER_ERROR);
        return false;
      }
      $this->client->getResponse();
with this section:

// logon the server
      $this->client->query('Authenticate', $this->server->login, $this->server->pass);

$this->client->query('EnableCallbacks', true);
It ditches the multiquery, which isn't really needed anyway.
Xerrez wrote:P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I am from germany.
Bad English? Where? I didn't see any. :lol:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Dec 2007 01:31

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Xymph is it possible to build a chatbot into the next release as well ?

I have tried Fuegos Big Geordie bot but when I type something for it to respond to it keeps rolling out responses and not stopping, so I removed it for now, but I do want a bot on my server - is there anything you can do or suggest ?
Sorry, but as I have mentioned before I am not going to add any particular chatbot to the official distribution.

If El Fuego's bot didn't work for you, take a shot at AM's.
Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:So thats why i'm suggesting using fast for now until you manage to incorporate dedi recs into aseco so at least my server or anyone elses can save their local recs and dedi recs at the moment. :)
Right, it's just that this has been mentioned multiple times before in previous Aseco release threads. :P
Last edited by Xymph on 16 Dec 2007 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 16 Dec 2007 01:33

Xymph wrote:
Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Xymph is it possible to build a chatbot into the next release as well ?

I have tried Fuegos Big Geordie bot but when I type something for it to respond to it keeps rolling out responses and not stopping, so I removed it for now, but I do want a bot on my server - is there anything you can do or suggest ?
Sorry, but as I have mentioned before I am not going to add any particular chatbot to the official distribution.

Sorry mate, I didn't see it mentioned before but i'll try your suggestion anyway, cheers :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Dec 2007 01:56

Fincer wrote:Hi Xymph, great publication again! :3
Thanks. :)
Fincer wrote:I solved my problem with helpall -command, remember that? :)
There was just an unfitted mark on the description of a command but it's solved now. It works again.
Yes I do, and I was wondering whether that was still happening. A syntax error in a description is of course the logical explanation, I should have thought of that right away.
Fincer wrote:Anyway, I have a little request to you. How should I modify the jfreu.plugin.php code that I would get all nicknames just in their original color hues when a player joins my server? I don't want them to be white. I really know it's possible to do that but how? :P
Remove the 'clean_nick' call in jfreu.plugin.php from lines 828, 852 and 934. And 881 too for the 'left the game' message.
Fincer wrote:My second question is that how should the aseco code be modified to get different record messages for Top3 players? For example:

>> Fincer gained bronze medal with a time of X.XX:XX !
>> Fincer gained silver medal with a time of X.XX:XX !!
>> Congratulations! Fincer gained gold medal with a time of X.XX:XX !!!

I know it's possible to do that, too. However, is it complicated to write the needed codelines? As you may think I'm not the man who is able to write that code. All I can do is ask you or someone else to write the code. :\
It's not very complicated. You need to define new messages in localdatabase.xml, and edit the ldb_playerFinish function in plugin.localdatabase.php around line 306 to use them instead of the default message.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Dec 2007 02:01

cow wrote:there is a plugin in this forum that does this.. i used to use it as i was a stickler for 1st, 2nd and 3rd rather than 1 2 3.. it does the top 5.. and i liked different colros for each so i could tell without lookign down what rec someoen just stole.
it requires a different aseco.php file..and adds quite a bit to the config.xml file
That wouldn't work in v0.8+ anymore, because aseco.php is no longer involved with displaying records/places, the localdatabase plugin does that.
cow wrote:i have already requested this and think it was decided there wasnt enough of a demand, so i guess you could hack it outt yourself.

sorry no link i tried to browse for it quickly but couldnt find it.. i still have the old configs and aseco arround here somewhere so let me know if you still have problems finding it.
See my previous post for tips on how to write it.

Xerrez
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by Xerrez » 16 Dec 2007 02:02

Xymph wrote:
Xerrez wrote:I have following problem:

I use a tmn dediacted server on a 64bit Linux with XEN Kernel (Debian Etch). When I try to run Aseco 0.91 with the PHP5 that you could install using apt-get, every time the challenge changes, php5 uses 99% of the processor. I had this problem with Aseco 0.61b also, but there I found a fix (compile PHP5 from source with linux32).

But when I try to run Aseco 0.91 with the 32bit compiled PHP5, the last message I see is "Try to authenticate...".

I have tracked down the problem to the multiquery() call in the connect() function.
How can I solve this problem?
Hmm... try the following. In aseco.php, replace this section starting at line 464:

// logon the server
      $this->client->addCall('Authenticate', array($this->server->login, $this->server->pass));

$this->client->addCall('EnableCallbacks', array(true));

// start query
      if (!$this->client->multiquery()) {
        trigger_error('[' . $this->client->getErrorCode() . '] ' . $this->client->getErrorMessage(), E_USER_ERROR);
        return false;
      }
      $this->client->getResponse();
with this section:

// logon the server
      $this->client->query('Authenticate', $this->server->login, $this->server->pass);

$this->client->query('EnableCallbacks', true);
It ditches the multiquery, which isn't really needed anyway.
Xerrez wrote:P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I am from germany.
Bad English? Where? I didn't see any. :lol:
thank you for the information.
i have thought about the problem all evening. ans i came to a result.

i had this problem with aseco 0.61b too, but i have compiled php5 with linux32 and replaced the GbxRemote.php (or something like that ^^) and it worked. maybe there is a general problem with the GbxRemote.php on 64bit system with 32bit compiled php5. i am going to search this modified file tomorrow morning (or later).

greets
xerrez

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 16 Dec 2007 02:15

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:
Xymph wrote:

Sorry mate, I didn't see it mentioned before but i'll try your suggestion anyway, cheers :)
I tried the chatbot that Assembler Maniac was talking about from RASP 2.x but it seems it won't work with tmn or your 0.91 aseco anyway so I guess i'll wait for someone to do a final working release of a chatbot or go without one, thanks anyway tho.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 16 Dec 2007 06:19

It won't be very hard to port chatbot to tmn, I think that's where it started anyway. I'll work on it in the next few days.

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:I tried the chatbot that Assembler Maniac was talking about from RASP 2.x but it seems it won't work with tmn or your 0.91 aseco anyway so I guess i'll wait for someone to do a final working release of a chatbot or go without one, thanks anyway tho.
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
2G Kingston Hyper-X DDR 2
ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum 256M
Sound Blaster Audigy II
2x 120G Maxtor Hard drives
HDTV Tuner Card (Fusion 5 Gold)

Xerrez
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Xerrez » 16 Dec 2007 08:01

Here is the updatet GbxRemote.inc.php for use with 64bit systems and linux32 compiled php5

AND IT WORKS!!! GREAT!!!

hempez
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by hempez » 16 Dec 2007 10:41

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:
hempez wrote:[Local DB] MySQL Server Version is 5.0.45-community-nt
[RASP] Cleaning up unused data
*-*-*-*-*-* RASP is running! *-*-*-*-*-*
|...Loading Settings
|...Loaded!
|...Checking database structure
|...Structure OK!
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (ArrayChallenges/TMX) does not exist
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (ArrayChallenges/TMX) can not be written to
###############################################################################
Aseco v0.91 Xymph running on 127.0.0.1:5000
Game : TmNationsESWC - TimeAttack
Author: Florian Schnell
Re-Authored: Assembler Maniac & Xymph
###############################################################################

i make tmx directory but no change. What is wrong?
Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Hempez - I had this problem a while back and I found that if I created a folder called ArrayChallenges in my aseco folder and then within that ArrayChallenges folder i created a folder called TMX that problem was a problem no more ! Hope this helps mate !! :)
Xymph wrote:Uhm yeah, that might prevent the error message, but could cause a problem later on with the /admin add command when you actually go download TMX tracks, as it doesn't address the underlying issue with the path where that TMX directory should actually be. Bottomline: don't create an aseco/ArrayChallenges directory because that really is not needed, but find and fix the real problem. :wink:

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Also in 0.91 there is another folder you need to create, but in the tmdedicated folder, because when I ran 0.91 for the first time I got a slightly different error to that about a TMXtmp directory so you have to create a folder called TMXtmp in C:\TmDedicatedServer\GameData\Tracks\Challenges (assuming C:\ is where your dedicated server is) so the whole path is this (after you have created it) C:\TmDedicatedServer\GameData\Tracks\Challenges\TMXtmp
Xymph wrote:Correct, that's in the upgrade notes for v0.91.

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:This will definitely fix the problem, also in the C:\TmDedicatedServer\GameData\Tracks\Challenges directory you should have a folder called TMX, if you have all this then you won't get the errors as shown above.
Xymph wrote:Right, that's the real solution to the above error message, as long as your RPC connection also functions correctly, as I mentioned earlier.
hempez wrote:i try everything you wrote. but still no work. It no wright on game (hello, recs...) and the server control.
Hempez - doing all the above will definitely fix the error message you have shown, apart from the array challenges folder - I got rid of that with no problems occuring so you can probably do the same. If you have a different error now, post it up so we can see whats happening.
Thanks guys. I fixed the TMX problem (Tony_Bad_Mann) . But i have a problem with showing the records at the game and game controller.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Dec 2007 11:34

Xerrez wrote:Here is the updatet GbxRemote.inc.php for use with 64bit systems and linux32 compiled php5
Here? Where is 'here'? :wink:
Assembler Maniac wrote:It won't be very hard to port chatbot to tmn, I think that's where it started anyway. I'll work on it in the next few days.
Okay, if you have time for that, perhaps you also have time to answer my last PM? :P

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 16 Dec 2007 13:31

hempez wrote:
Thanks guys. I fixed the TMX problem (Tony_Bad_Mann) . But i have a problem with showing the records at the game and game controller.
There should be this line in Aseco localdatabase and in public database - (whichever you're using)
<!-- Do you want Aseco to display the records? -->
<display>true</display>

Also in the config file for aseco you will find these lines, not sure if they're relevant but its how mine is setup :
<welcome_msg_window>True</welcome_msg_window>
<log_all_chat>False</log_all_chat>
<show_min_recs>8</show_min_recs>
<show_playtime>True</show_playtime>
<show_recs_before>True</show_recs_before>
<show_recs_after>True</show_recs_after>
<show_recs_range>True</show_recs_range>
<writetracklist_random>True</writetracklist_random>
<script_timeout>60</script_timeout>
<adminops_file>adminops.xml</adminops_file>

Now as far as showing recs in game is concerned, to the best of my knowledge this should sort it. The game controller tho - do u mean the aseco window cos that would be fixed as well, or do u mean a gamepad (i.e ps2 controller) ??

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 16 Dec 2007 13:33

Assembler Maniac wrote:It won't be very hard to port chatbot to tmn, I think that's where it started anyway. I'll work on it in the next few days.
Nice I'll look forward to it mate ! :D

Xerrez
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Xerrez » 16 Dec 2007 15:42

Xymph wrote:
Xerrez wrote:Here is the updatet GbxRemote.inc.php for use with 64bit systems and linux32 compiled php5
ups sry ^^

http://tmn.dragons-server.de/GbxRemote.inc.php.txt

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Dec 2007 18:29

Xerrez wrote:
Xymph wrote:
ups sry ^^
http://tmn.dragons-server.de/GbxRemote.inc.php.txt
Okay. :) I compared this one to the Gbx file I've been using so far, and there is only one functional difference, in the query() function around line 505:

$bits = sprintf('%b', $recvhandle);
        if (strlen($bits) == 64) {
          $recvhandle = bindec(substr($bits,32));
        }
I can see how this would help fix your 64-bit problem, and it doesn't hurt to use it on 32-bit systems (Aseco still works fine on my server with this), so I added it to the next release.