TM-FORUM

The TrackMania universal forum ^_^
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [(X)Aseco/FAST] AutoQueue v0.46
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:06 am 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF
Sorry guys, I'll not gonna be able to release the fixed version before this sunday, I'm too much stuck in real life at the moment. I hope I'm gonna find the time to do it as soon as possible =)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:14 am 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET
No Problems fish ... we will just make do with what we have got untill its complete.. Thx in Advance :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:42 pm 
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Any news here? :pil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:54 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz
Maybe the skipping players problem is related to player ID's - the ID does NOT reflect when a player joined the server. And players who get skipped often have high ID's, I've noticed.

Also, 10k coppers for whoever makes a working autoqueue: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=17291&start=60

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:58 am 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Zooz wrote:
Maybe the skipping players problem is related to player ID's - the ID does NOT reflect when a player joined the server. And players who get skipped often have high ID's, I've noticed.

Also, 10k coppers for whoever makes a working autoqueue: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=17291&start=60

Make that 20k ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:16 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Hi guys ;-)
Sorry for not being available for such a long time. Don't think I'm only back because of the coppers, actually I don't really want them since it's my own bugs I need to fix here... I just found the time to change some things in the plugin, thanks to zooz who gave me a bug listing. This is my current state:
Zooz wrote:
Loserkick:
- When loserkick is 2, and player limit is 8, only players 7 and 8 should ever be kicked. Currently, if 2 players leave, or 2 players have kicking immunity for having joined recently, it might kick 5 and 6. I've even seen it kick the 3rd position once.

This one should be fixed. I also removed the safetime and changed it to kick only official players.

Zooz wrote:
Queue:
- When a player goes from playing to spectator, and then joins the queue, he will still show as being in official mode on the scoreboard, and he will be skipped for being put in the game again, I guess the plugin might think he's already playing.
- The queue often skips 1 or more players and dumps them outside of the queue or at the end of the queue (not sure which, i've heard both) when it's time to put another (few) player(s) in the game. I've seen it skip 3 players at once, and it also happens to the same player multiple times a lot (and when I checked it once that player had a high player ID), which makes me think it's related to player IDs.

That's an issue I just can't track down. The plugin doesn't look on the scoreboard when it choses the next player to be released. It's a simple first come first serve solution. Everyone who puts himself to spec or is put to spec will enter the queue, when he uses the queue button or command. And the plugin always releases the very first player in the queue and takes him out of the queue immediately. I just don't know where these errors could occur.
Does anyone have more detailed information on that issue?

Zooz wrote:
edit:
Genosis wrote:
I had this issue before and I manage to avoid it (works for me everytime) pressing Enter when the autoqueue starts kicking.

Maybe it's related to other players somehow stealing the spot by hitting enter at the right time... That seems likely to me, really.

Another thing that I just can't understand. Once a player is in the queue, he is forced as a spectator and therefore hitting enter should not work at any time until he is actually released from the queue and free to play.

For the last two issues, I'll try to unqueue a maximum of one player per second in the next release and see if that changes anything (if I don't find the bug first).

Zooz wrote:
- Players can screw things up and force themselves to enter a game with the /play command (at least in FAST, not sure about other plugins), this should really be disabled while autoqueue is active, although server admins can do it manually, most wouldn't know how.

This one's fixed.

Zooz wrote:
Idlekick:
- Idlekick seems to kick anyone who didn't finish in the warmups, even though they were driving through checkpoints. This isn't a major one, I just put idlekick high enough that this doesn't happen, but it's a bug still.
- Someone else posted somewhere that relay servers get kicked too (unless they're made admin).

Haven't looked into this, yet.

Zooz wrote:
Vague stuff that may or may not be true:
I got some reports that players who were 2nd or 1st in the queue also got kicked (not disconnected) with your autoqueue plugin. But I haven't heard any of that lately, maybe they worded themselves badly or something...

That should not be possible... (I hope^^)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:20 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Glad to see ya working on it Fufi ... I'll try collect info on the people the plugin "forgets" from queue this sunday if i can ...

...Is it possible to tell the difference between a spec relay and a normal spectator?? as a spec relay gets idlekick with your plugin.

Edited due to really bad typing :roflol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Okay, little update to my current status.

Relay servers shouldn't be kicked anymore.

Warmup mode seems to be lacking some events (eg. OnFinish) that are needed for the idlekicker. Therefore I made the plugin completely ignore the warmup state, meaning it just doesn't count anymore, so if the idlekicker is active and and idle player has 10 seconds left when the warmup starts, he will be kicked exactly 10 seconds after the warmup mode is over. It's just like the warmup time was just cut out of the normal playing time. Well not completely, but this describes it best.

Regarding the bigger issue of people being able to circumvent the queue, I still have no real idea. I followed a hunch and changed the PlayerConnect method. From now on every joining player will be put into the queue first. This also happens to players that try to join directly from the servermenu without wanting to spectate first. The positive effect is that it is now impossible (at least I wouldn't know any other way) to actually play on that server without going through the queue system. Inside that queue system there's only one single method that releases players so if there are still players able to join the game without waiting in the queue it should be easier to find the bug. A negative side effect is that when you restart the system on a full server this results in an unpredictable queue meaning that all people who were just playing are put into spectator mode and have to repass the queue (this also means that the running round is kinda messed up). I don't have another solution at the moment. We'll have to see if the new system prevents circumventing the queue somehow.

From now on the Ladder Serverlimits are read directly out of the server, which doesn't change a lot in FAST but removes a line in the config xml.

I'll release this one after I did a few more testing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:11 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Ok thx fufi .. appreciated. ^^

I still had two people missed from the queue this week ... still cannot pinpoint any errors in log. i made not of the time it happened to a user .. but looking through the server and fast logs i cannot see any errors ... very strange ... ill try and get the timeframe from both the logs up here later where the player was "missed" from the queue (the player victim does not move down queue in number and they have to leave/join the queue to "resynch") ...

...if i find a clue ill of course put it here ... Thx for the work your doing fufi ... we all as admins of servers appreciate it greatly

Post subject: Re: [(X)Aseco/FAST] AutoQueue v0.50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:33 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

So, finally a new release.
0.50 is out. Hope it fixes some stuff ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:15 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Oh cool ... THx fufi ... ill update and test this on the servers today (and fill them up if i can to check)..

Thx alot for your work on this :1

Thx again ^^

EDIT: Seemingly ok so far ...Idlekick working fine as far as aware for spec and racers, queue is so far working ok in ET Gen after i filled it a couple of times... only not had a good chance to test looserkick yet ... i will remove champs off the ladder tomoz and bring playerlimit down to test for a bit ...then if all ok there the big test for it sunday ^^

EDIT 2: Ok first test of autokick part not so good ... filled to 8 players ... one player was unofficial ... one player entered into queue .. and it kicksed the unofficial player at end of round :/ (in fast not aseco btw if that helps)

EDIT 3:
Sunday races ... server auto switched to 80-100k (from 60-90k).. queue plugin did not ... It put players lower than server lp limit in ... can it check at more than onstart? (if that the problem)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

jamie_macdonald wrote:
EDIT 2: Ok first test of autokick part not so good ... filled to 8 players ... one player was unofficial ... one player entered into queue .. and it kicksed the unofficial player at end of round :/ (in fast not aseco btw if that helps)

Weird, I'll look into this. Did this happen more often?

jamie_macdonald wrote:
EDIT 3: Sunday races ... server auto switched to 80-100k (from 60-90k).. queue plugin did not ... It put players lower than server lp limit in ... can it check at more than onstart? (if that the problem)

Yes, that should be the problem. (But it should also have been the case in the older versions). Anyways, I hope, it's fixable (dunno how the server itself reacts on this automatic change and if repeatedly querying the server will help, since I can't test it, I can only guess).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:30 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz
Damn, how did I miss this?

Nice work, but I won't use it this Sunday because I won't be there and I don't want to let some temp admin deal with potential unknown bugs... Sorry Jamie ^^
I'll try it the 16th.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

f*ckfish wrote:
Weird, I'll look into this. Did this happen more often?

Yeah .. was at least 3 times i spotted it remove an unnoficial player (grey on the playerlist holding TAB).. Maybe it happened more but was consistent in doing the same result for the small time i tested

Thx for your work fufi ... one day we will be able to just leave these things running lol (not your fault .. i still believe it should be built into server) but nice of you to attempt and to continue to pursue a solution to the RoC mess ^^

@ Zooz .. lol ... Yeah i just deal with the bugs while im there .. will be nice to have a relaxed day for admin .. one day eh ;)
For the moment i am using v.0.46 ant not using the autokick ... Seems alot less error in queue if i do "manual" kicks instead of let the plugin do so.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:34 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

From the Xaseco thread:
f*ckfish wrote:
I now changed the kickworst function. It will now avoid kicking players that are ether not official or (that's the new thing) never completed a race until the scoreboard pops up. That means if a player joins his "finishedRaces" value will be set to "0" and everytime the scoreboard pops up it will incremented by 1. Players can now only be kicked if their "finishedRaces" are more than "1". That should simplify this whole KickWorst stuff, but also lets them play longer in various situations, I'm still looking into this and will tweak it before the release.

That should definetly solve this not-official/official kick stuff.

Another thing: I kinda found a bug that might have caused inconsistencies in the previous versions. It's not 100% reproduceable and I still don't fully understand it, but at least I know where it happens, so that might be a good thing for a bug-free future ;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next