[no more] Help needed for my local RCP4 install, windows7

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

LuckyB
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

[no more] Help needed for my local RCP4 install, windows7

Post by LuckyB » 10 Jun 2011 16:51

I am using wamp and put the newest RCP 4035 in my local server path
The offical RCP4 install instructions are raising questions on every step i take,
so pls dont link to these geek notes again :p

I think this is about the settings in the servers.xml

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<servers>
	<server>
		<id>1</id>
		<login></login>
		<name>My.Server</name>
		<settingset></settingset>			<!-- Pathname without slashes, leave empty for default settings -->
		<filepath></filepath>				<!-- Pathname without slashes, leave empty for default filepath -->
		<connection>
			<host>localhost</host>
			<port>5000</port>
			<password>SuperAdmin</password>
			<communitycode>000000</communitycode>
		</connection>
		<ftp enabled='false'>
			<host>localhost</host>
			<port></port>					<!-- leave empty for default port 21 -->
			<username>username</username>
			<password>password</password>
			<path>/GameData/Tracks/</path>
		</ftp>
		<sql enabled='false'>
			<dsn>mysql:dbname=remotecp;host=localhost</dsn>
			<username>username</username>
			<password>password</password>
		</sql>
		<lists>
			<guestlist>guestlist.txt</guestlist>
			<blacklist>blacklist.txt</blacklist>
		</lists>
	</server>
</servers>
question 1: <login>? what login, server? player account? rcp?
question 2: <settingset>? what path to what settings? and how do you do a path without slashes?
question 3: <filepath> ? what path to what files?
question 4: <connection><host>localhost</host> ? should i change this to my external IP address or keep it localhost for my server on my pc?
question 5: <port>5000</port> I forwarded this port tcp/udp in my router, that is ok i think, so not a question, but not sure :p
question 6: <password>SuperAdmin</password> Is this the password to RCP4 ?
question 7: <communitycode> ? there is only 1 communitycode i know of, so this should be my player code.
question 8: <ftp enabled='false'>? I guess i dont need this if i am using local webserver on my pc?
question 9: <path>/GameData/Tracks/</path> If i keep the ftp disabled, do i need to tell where the tracks are?
my sql is also still disabled. I am pretty sure i wont be using this.

I am running the latest wamp, latest servermania, latest xaseco and some plugins. All running perfect.

When I run the localhost/rcp4 nothing happend, but my RCP4 was installed in C:\wamp\remoteCP_4-0-3-5\remoteCP_4-0-3-5

so when I run "http://localhost/remoteCP_4-0-3-5/remot ... /index.php" I got the install for CP.

I also did change the __live.bat file for the path to my wamp-php, but the last line is raising questions also:

@echo off

rem ****** Set here your php path *******
set INSTPHP=C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.4
rem *************************************

PATH=%PATH%;%INSTPHP%;%INSTPHP%\extensions
"%INSTPHP%\php.exe" live.php -- 1 http://localhost/

pause
In the CP install screen on my browser I then choose the non db install and it asked me some fields to fill in, admin etc.

Then when it was done, I logged in as admin with pass admin... I see RCP4 but it returns a notice:

"... [remoteCP Notice] Serverconnection not available! remoteCP turned to offline-mode, this is not a error message!"

So there you go. I think I followed the rules, but i am clueless to the specifics and meaning of some xml tags.

Although I got the server and all plugins installed at one go, this one is breaking my spirit.

Maybe you see my dumbness and maybe you want to help. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance.

LuckyB
Last edited by LuckyB on 10 Jun 2011 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: Help needed for my local RCP4 install, windows7

Post by corto-72 » 10 Jun 2011 17:58

question 1: <login> server login

question 2: <settingset> in ./xml/settings you should find folders
default_with_aseco
full
these are alternative settings for rcp4. you can create your own by creating a new folder, using the others as examples. The name of the folder is the 'settingset' - try not using space in the folder name, I am not sure it would work

question 3: <filepath>Can't remember what should go there...

question 4: <connection><host>localhost</host> keep
it as local host if the dedicated server is running on the same PC, otherwise the IP of the PC the dedicated is running on

question 5: <port>5000</port> you probably don't need to forward it if the dedicated and rcp are running on the same pc

question 6: <password>SuperAdmin</password> no it should be the password of the superadmin account you defined in the config file of the dedicated

question 7: <communitycode> you can get your community code from http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-communitycode/ entering your login / pwd

question 8: <ftp enabled='false'>? I think you need it enabled if you want to upload tracks with rcp web console, but not sure

question 9: <path>/GameData/Tracks/</path> yes if you want to manage tracks within the web console

my sql is also still disabled. I am pretty sure i wont be using this.

=> You don't want to store local records, etc with rcp ? then you don't need mysql :)

I am running the latest wamp, latest servermania, latest xaseco and some plugins. All running perfect.

When I run the localhost/rcp4 nothing happend, but my RCP4 was installed in C:\wamp\remoteCP_4-0-3-5\remoteCP_4-0-3-5

so when I run "http://localhost/remoteCP_4-0-3-5/remot ... /index.php" I got the install for CP.

I also did change the __live.bat file for the path to my wamp-php, but the last line is raising questions also:

@echo off

rem ****** Set here your php path *******
set INSTPHP=C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.4
rem *************************************

PATH=%PATH%;%INSTPHP%;%INSTPHP%\extensions
"%INSTPHP%\php.exe" live.php -- 1 http://localhost/

pause
In the CP install screen on my browser I then choose the non db install and it asked me some fields to fill in, admin etc.

Then when it was done, I logged in as admin with pass admin... I see RCP4 but it returns a notice:

"... [remoteCP Notice] Serverconnection not available! remoteCP turned to offline-mode, this is not a error message!"

LuckyB
replace the http://localhost/ with http://localhost/remoteCP_4-0-3-5/remoteCP_4-0-3-5/ in the __live.bat, you should indicate to RCP Live where the RCP web console can be reached (assuming you want to use RCP live as well as the web console part, and therefore want to start RCP Live...)

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers
Corto

LuckyB
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by LuckyB » 10 Jun 2011 20:31

Thank you very much Corto,

That was illuminating, and i got it up and running now :D

But I am still unable to switch the roundspoints system to motogp,
I see the buttons, the submit, but nothing happens. I still keep
the 10,6,.. default. Even after next track. And the chat command
rpoints doesnt stick either.

But thats another story probably :p

Thanks a bunch for this!
ß

PS
question 8: <ftp enabled='false'>? I think you need it enabled if you want to upload tracks with rcp web console, but not sure
Nope, i have it on the default false still and i can use the rcp browser to load up tracks, so we can savely conclude it is for ftp clients only?

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by corto-72 » 10 Jun 2011 22:03

glad to hear you got it working.

Strange it doesn't stick (for the round points...) may be a conflict between RCP and XAseco, but I am not sure...

LuckyB
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by LuckyB » 10 Jun 2011 23:25

nope, it was me again :p

<default_rpoints>motogp</default_rpoints>

It was empty by default and now like this, it works right of the bat after restarting server.

mystery solved, .. next

cheers !

ß

PS most of the times when i cant find an answer everywhere, it is because i missed one and it was pretty damn obvious :)