Two Rcp4 on one computer

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

mww
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Two Rcp4 on one computer

Post by mww » 13 Sep 2010 18:08

I made 2 rcp4 on one computer and when im logging on one, then im loged out from another:
[remoteCP Warning] Permission error, not logged in on line 43 in file /var/www/rcp/ajax.php

any ideas?

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: Two Rcp4 on one computer

Post by corto-72 » 13 Sep 2010 20:15

Why do you need to have the two rcp web page opened? if setup correctly, you can switch servers using the drop down menu on the top right corner...

mww
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by mww » 14 Sep 2010 06:46

I know, but i realy need second RCP4.

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by corto-72 » 14 Sep 2010 06:59

Two scripts can run with different parameters and the web page will manage them as they are setup, switching configuration (for that, create different folders in xml/ settings/ and defining settingset in the servers.xml file)

If you really need 2 pages opened, the only thing I can think of is either 2 complete setup (two complete installation in two different folders) or using 2 different web browsers.

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 14 Sep 2010 09:39

RemoteCP uses PHP sessions, so you can trick a little. However, native multi-session support would be quite cool and the only thing I miss (besides db based configuration).

If you limit PHP sessions to their subdomain (php.ini change, that's probably default though), you can just create multiple subdomains for your rcp installation (like rcp1.domain.org, rcp2.domain.org, ...). For each of your subdomains, you'll have a new session.

Using two different browsers sounds like the easiest solution.