Many questions about RCP4

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

pn3r
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Many questions about RCP4

Post by pn3r » 26 Nov 2009 21:22

I love the tool but is buggy sometimes...

The latest error wich I have is this

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method domdocument::loadXML() in *:\****\Xampp\htdocs\*****\includes\core\rcp_session.class.php on line 217
...what is this and why I get`t?
I have it when I try to add or change something in Maintenance tab, cant add admin, cant add group... only this error... why?

Second question - for what is this line in admins.xml

<tmaccount></tmaccount>

what does? The value is only "true" or "false"?

3rd question - it is possible to create a admin node in admins.xml wich can do two thing -- first - to show in the rCP4 simple nick name like John (for example) for USERNAME (to log with it) and second - a function to show in the game not "John", but nick name with code like (for example) $d00$iJoh$000n? Is it possible?

4th - I wanna change the color for typing in the game, I don`t want to be white (or gray), I want red... can I do this... I think it`s possible, but dunno from where oO... Ideas?

5th - in which file is the "warning message" - "This is an administrative warning. Whatever you wrote is against our server's policy. Not respecting other players, or using offensive language might result in a kick, or ban the next time.The server administrators.". I want to add something and translate it to my language :)

6th - none (for now XD)

Regards!

hal|Sascha
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Re: Many questions about RCP4

Post by hal|Sascha » 27 Nov 2009 15:28

pn3r wrote:I love the tool but is buggy sometimes...

The latest error wich I have is this

Fatal error: Call to undefined method domdocument::loadXML() in *:\****\Xampp\htdocs\*****\includes\core\rcp_session.class.php on line 217
...what is this and why I get`t?
I have it when I try to add or change something in Maintenance tab, cant add admin, cant add group... only this error... why?
Which PHP version do you use?
pn3r wrote:Second question - for what is this line in admins.xml

<tmaccount></tmaccount>

what does? The value is only "true" or "false"?
This is only for the remoteCP[Live] ingame controller, if you add your tm-account-name here the [live] extension will recognize you as admin.
pn3r wrote:3rd question - it is possible to create a admin node in admins.xml wich can do two thing -- first - to show in the rCP4 simple nick name like John (for example) for USERNAME (to log with it) and second - a function to show in the game not "John", but nick name with code like (for example) $d00$iJoh$000n? Is it possible?
It's not possible atm.
pn3r wrote:4th - I wanna change the color for typing in the game, I don`t want to be white (or gray), I want red... can I do this... I think it`s possible, but dunno from where oO... Ideas?
Have a look into /xml/settings/<settingset>/settings.xml, there is a part about colors :)
<settingset> defaults to "default" if you haven't changed anything.
pn3r wrote:5th - in which file is the "warning message" - "This is an administrative warning. Whatever you wrote is against our server's policy. Not respecting other players, or using offensive language might result in a kick, or ban the next time.The server administrators.". I want to add something and translate it to my language :)
Have a look into /plugins/Players/en.xml (or de.xml | fr.xml | se.xml, for which language do you use) there is a <warnmsg> value :)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Audio: Soundblaster Audigy 4
Internet: ADSL 6Mbit

Vodd9
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Vodd9 » 28 Nov 2009 14:50

pn3r wrote: The latest error wich I have is this

I'm having the same problem. I'm using XAMPP with PHP version 5.2.6

pn3r
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by pn3r » 29 Nov 2009 18:57

Sorry for the delay... My PHP version is 5.2.6 (W V U SP2)...
What is the problem?

Is this ingame controller work like fufi widgets?

In /xml/settings/ I have this - default, default_with_asecodb and relay (folders). In all folders have settings.xml with nod <chat></chat>, but the default is not the same like typing color and when I change it there is no effect in the game chat? Can you give me the exact path?

Thx for the wanrmsg. :)

New question - how to configure the log in from other pc (not the host pc) with different IP?

Regards!

hal|Sascha
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by hal|Sascha » 30 Nov 2009 08:52

For the loadXML problem first begin with http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=158790
pn3r wrote:Is this ingame controller work like fufi widgets?
What exactly means "work like fufi"? :D
It's something own, it works more or less like all the other in game controllers but it still has its own look and feel :)
pn3r wrote:In /xml/settings/ I have this - default, default_with_asecodb and relay (folders). In all folders have settings.xml with nod <chat></chat>, but the default is not the same like typing color and when I change it there is no effect in the game chat? Can you give me the exact path?
Should be /xml/settings/default/settings.xml, if it don't work it could be a bug^^
pn3r wrote:New question - how to configure the log in from other pc (not the host pc) with different IP?
If you run the server from your own computer at home you need to install something like dyndns (just google it :)), this will give your computer a fixed hostname like a internet domain. So you can call your localhost like myname.dynnds.com (don't exactly know how dyndns url's look like, just a example)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Audio: Soundblaster Audigy 4
Internet: ADSL 6Mbit