[A/R 2.x] Matchsave2 Replacement v2.53

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, Assembler Maniac, f*ckfish, TM-Patrol

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

[A/R 2.x] Matchsave2 Replacement v2.53

Post by nocturne » 07 Jun 2009 23:23

Note: Most of my hacks and edits should be built into the plugin version built in to Aseco v2.2.2, so disregard this plugin when using future versions...

Alright, just about everything should be working now...

Three additions to the config file:

Code: Select all

<save_teamnames_to_db>True</save_teamnames_to_db>		<!-- Determines whether teamnames are automatically saved to the database -->
<teamname_caps>True</teamname_caps>					<!-- Determines whether teamnames are converted to all caps -->
<teamname_caps_limit>4</teamname_caps_limit>					<!-- Character limitation for converting to caps, after which teamnames are left alone -->
Downloads:
http://www.2shared.com/file/6315668/981 ... ve253.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M85GLWMV
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zt2nim4hj ... ve2.53.zip
http://uploading.com/files/XCYEDA09/Mat ... 3.zip.html

Next step, some pretty manialinking... and figuring out what exactly to do with the 'enabled' setting.. :roll:
Last edited by nocturne on 07 Jul 2009 19:09, edited 3 times in total.

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United and TMN

Re: [A/R 2.x] Matchsave2 Replacement

Post by The Doctor » 08 Jun 2009 05:13

Can you just paste the code here. Your uploader is not letting me download. It says that I have reached my limit and i have exactly nothing downloaded.

EDIT---OOPS. It is just an Internet Explorer site. It worked fine with the IE tab in mozilla.
Last edited by The Doctor on 08 Jun 2009 08:21, edited 2 times in total.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 08 Jun 2009 05:59

Beats me.. I use Chrome (dev build) and it works just fine... Would post the code, but it's over 1000 lines...

Mirrors posted above...

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN

Post by fordry » 08 Jun 2009 07:20

kewls....... glad this is finally fixed and working correctly :D

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 08 Jun 2009 20:31

Would appreciate if somebody could check out how the match tracking/saving side of the plugin works (don't have a test server set up atm)... Should be alright, as the main problem was just the 'endrace' function having not been updated yet, some missing class props, and a few small typos.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 08 Jun 2009 22:46

Nocturne:

There's a problem with Line 1072: You've picked up the actual UID of the track, and not the ID number of the track as it exists in the database. This means the SQL insert will fail always because the track id in match_main is a number, not a string.

edit:
I'll post a link for a version tomorrow (zipped) when I've had some sleep. Too late right now to even think about where to put it or what I changed. I spent an hour working on it on a live server, seems to be working well now. Saving things to the right places and getting a valid track id.

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United and TMN

Post by The Doctor » 09 Jun 2009 15:21

Thanks AM for Working late last night at getting this recording..uh...records. Now we just need to iron out some bugs.

-as of last night on the server it was counting warmups as rounds. It was posting the warmup results along with the actual race.

-The "/admin match teams" window worked correctly and counted the number of players assigned to each team. It would be nice to see who those players are in the same window so the the people running the match can make sure the right person is notified. Or possibly make the /players command add team affiliations.

- The auto save player to database worked great but should be switchable in the matchsave.xml. Still at the time of a large match it saves many headaches.

-Match results are not written. The "/admin match end" or match ending after a specified number of rounds Produces an "Match results" window that is empty and no data in the match_results.html file if write to file is selected.

That is what I can see right now. As it stands I could work around theses things and run a match just fine. Thanks gentlemen. And especially you AM.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 09 Jun 2009 16:36

I'll take a look at the issues you mentioned tonight. The changes/additions may have to wait a bit.
The Doctor wrote:Thanks AM for Working late last night at getting this recording..uh...records. Now we just need to iron out some bugs.

-as of last night on the server it was counting warmups as rounds. It was posting the warmup results along with the actual race.

-The "/admin match teams" window worked correctly and counted the number of players assigned to each team. It would be nice to see who those players are in the same window so the the people running the match can make sure the right person is notified. Or possibly make the /players command add team affiliations.

- The auto save player to database worked great but should be switchable in the matchsave.xml. Still at the time of a large match it saves many headaches.

-Match results are not written. The "/admin match end" or match ending after a specified number of rounds Produces an "Match results" window that is empty and no data in the match_results.html file if write to file is selected.

That is what I can see right now. As it stands I could work around theses things and run a match just fine. Thanks gentlemen. And especially you AM.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 09 Jun 2009 19:10

Assembler Maniac wrote:There's a problem with Line 1072: You've picked up the actual UID of the track, and not the ID number of the track as it exists in the database. This means the SQL insert will fail always because the track id in match_main is a number, not a string.
Yeah, I remember that edit... Code just looked wrong at a glance, and hacked it over without thinking... (original code was still wrong, and would cause a crash)
:roflol:
Will put up the fixed version in a bit (if AM doesn't beat me to it, hehe)...
The Doctor wrote:Thanks AM for Working late last night at getting this recording..uh...records.
Hmm... could of sworn that was me... :roll:
The Doctor wrote:- The auto save player to database worked great but should be switchable in the matchsave.xml. Still at the time of a large match it saves many headaches.
Well, at first I didn't mean to add anything to the config, and save_to_db just seemed appropriate (as I don't use the plugin for matches, only for round points and teamchat). It's a simple fix, though..
The Doctor wrote:-Match results are not written. The "/admin match end" or match ending after a specified number of rounds Produces an "Match results" window that is empty and no data in the match_results.html file if write to file is selected.
This could probably be attributed to my bad trackID edit mentioned above. If AM doesn't get to it first, might try and add some debug code and narrow down the problem. Matches aren't exactly my area of expertise, though -- just editing up the plugin to eventually enable players to earn points to be able to 'spend' on extra server features, instead of using coppers.
Last edited by nocturne on 15 Jun 2009 03:22, edited 2 times in total.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Re: [A/R 2.x] Matchsave2 Replacement v2.53

Post by nocturne » 14 Jun 2009 22:29

New version, see top post...