Plugin REQ: Sector recs

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, Assembler Maniac, f*ckfish, TM-Patrol

mofteam
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Plugin REQ: Sector recs

Post by mofteam » 19 Apr 2009 08:12

Anyoby know is possible this plugin for Aseco?

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Re: Plugin REQ: Sector recs

Post by w1lla » 19 Apr 2009 08:15

no and i think it cant be because Aseco doesnt record checkpoints only playerfinish

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 19 Apr 2009 12:46

w1lla wrote:no and i think it cant be because Aseco doesn't record checkpoints only playerfinish
Of course it's possible. Aseco may not record them, but a plugin could easily do it.

What exactly is a "sector record" anyway? I get that it's related to checkpoints, but have no clue how it's related.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 19 Apr 2009 16:43

Believe sector rec refers to laps mode -- each sector is a given area between cp's.

Not to sure on the specifics, but it'd be relatively simple to code up, just onplayercheckpoint, check against previous cp, saved in an array. After that, just have to modify/create the recs table, with a column for the sector number.

The only problem is once you start adding more and more event-based functions, you'll start overloading aseco... Figure a server with 30 some players, several passing a checkpoint in any given time. Add onto that processing for the cptimes plugin, dedimania, checkpoint validator, and autoqueue if you use them, and thats a lot of processing every time a play touches a cp...

To the OP, somebody else was around discussing this a month or two back... Pretty sure they posted a modified xaseco setup that accomplished it... Just do a search for 'sector records'.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 19 Apr 2009 17:17

nocturne wrote:To the OP, somebody else was around discussing this a month or two back... Pretty sure they posted a modified xaseco setup that accomplished it... Just do a search for 'sector records'.
That was CAR, from which this plugin for XAseco resulted.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub