[BetaVersion] Serverswitch v0.1

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, Assembler Maniac, f*ckfish, TM-Patrol

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

[BetaVersion] Serverswitch v0.1

Post by w1lla » 06 Mar 2009 14:46

The Serverswitch has switched to Aseco....

As it is a beta the following appears to be shown.

In the statusbar it shows a Button Serverswitch;(It contains the maniacode to the server to spectate.)

That is all for the moment.....

To edit the serverlogin go to line 10+11 and change the serverlogin to the desired one.....
The Bar in the statusbar of Serverswitch called server is based on the exact measurement of my tests.
Want it bigger just fiddle with this:

Code: Select all

$window = $this->createWindowToPlayerFramework('Serverswitch', 0.45, 0.15, $command['author']);
0.45= $x, 0.15$y same as math X to the Length of Y.!!!!!!

For the moment the plugin is made easy.

Downloadlink:
www.tmnfvenray.nl/plugin.serverswitch.zip

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: [BetaVersion] Serverswitch v0.1

Post by Assembler Maniac » 06 Mar 2009 15:02

What exactly is ServerSwitch?

I can read the code, but it makes no sense to me.

Please elaborate, inform, explain.....

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by corto-72 » 06 Mar 2009 15:20

If not mistaken, it's a plugin / ML showing you the occupancy of other servers and allowing to switch to these servers (Assuming all have the plugin and connect to the same info) Check the Xaseco thread for more infpo

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 06 Mar 2009 15:20

its a plugin that lets you swith to others servers.

The next releases will include:
Ladderrankings
Spectator and players info about the destination server
Its based basicly on the plugins bueddl and bbmv made for xaseco but the things that they have included in there plugin arent included as i dont know how to add styles....

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 06 Mar 2009 15:44

Found the original over in XASECO. It's not going to be easy to duplicate it for ASECO, there's a lot of stuff to do to it.

Separate database isn't needed. If someone is running several servers, it's normal to be sharing the same main db anyway, plus it doesn't require an additional connection.

As for placing the data on screen. A static window can be used, with a menu setting for when to show it. Updates can be done based on the time elapsed (seconds), by coding for the on onMainLoop event.

BBMV
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO, TM2

Post by BBMV » 06 Mar 2009 18:24

Assembler Maniac wrote:Separate database isn't needed. If someone is running several servers, it's normal to be sharing the same main db anyway, plus it doesn't require an additional connection.
lol how many servers you are running and have you ever tryed to export and import a database from 20 servers running 6 months ?

sorry your a great addon builder but from so much servers that zeroclan is now running youe dont know from the many problems i think...
(too much servers for 1 rootserver actually so we run 2 rootservers)
i think we know the problem from one shared database for all servers and the problems that occurs from 20 tm servers on 1 root

shared database is totally stupid for so much servers...

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 06 Mar 2009 18:36

What AM is saying is not using a shared DB for records and stuff a DB only to transfer information between servers. Any way 2 Aseco shouldn't turn on the same DB it can interfere
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey

BBMV
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by BBMV » 06 Mar 2009 18:45

a ok ^^

we have 2 pairs of servers running same database but thats because they are exact copies of the others and on that servers all runs ok with the same database

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 07 Mar 2009 06:45

Actually, when I said "several", I certainly didn't mean 20.

You can easily run multiple ASECO's against a single database without any problems. I don't have an idea on the limit, but up to about 6-8 should be safe.

A DB server can handle a large number of connections. It's the amount of memory available and CPU speed that will determine the MAX number of connections that can be safely handled.

If you have one machine on a network that's serving data and not running TMF or ASECO at all, then you should be able to use that data server for a larger number of tmf servers than you would with aseco, tmf & db all on the same machine.

btw: I do have an idea on what it would take to export data from 20 servers. I design and develop custom business software using databases pretty heavily. Our biggest install has an 950M database (and that was last time I looked, a few months ago) with multiple tables containing over 700k records each. As long as the indexing is done properly, performance is rarely a problem.

Oh, and as far as being an "add on builder" - did you bother to check who the forum mods are? I helped Flo *WRITE* ASECO 2.x and have 25+ YEARS of design/coding experience.

BBMV
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by BBMV » 07 Mar 2009 16:15

dont understand me false pls my english limits my words ^^ i never wonted to smaller you experience with coding etc inly thing i want to say is you dont know about our problem with so much servers running ;-)

our rootserver cpu is nearly 90-100% all the time and we have really trouble with that prob and dont know how to fix that problem atm.

14 servers + 14 xaseco + sql db running on that sys...

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 08 Mar 2009 13:32

BBMV wrote:dont understand me false pls my english limits my words ^^ i never wonted to smaller you experience with coding etc inly thing i want to say is you dont know about our problem with so much servers running ;-)

our rootserver cpu is nearly 90-100% all the time and we have really trouble with that prob and dont know how to fix that problem atm.

14 servers + 14 xaseco + sql db running on that sys...
Ok, yeah, language barriers can cause un-intended problems, no harm done.

As for 14 servers on the same box, ouch, that's far more than I think should be run on the same box.

Do you have shell access to that machine? If you do, run 'top' and see what processes are taking more CPU time & memory usage. If mysql is taking the majority of the processing time, it may help you to move the database to a different machine on the same network. Even a 100Mb connection should be more than enough for 14 database connections.

If it's ASECO taking up more time, check into using the ZEND compiler to cut down the PHP overhead (ZEND is a php compiler).

Do the servers have P2P turned off, if not, you might want to use that to lessen the processing load.

No matter what the overall usage is, 14 sets of server/aseco is a lot of processing being done by one machine.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 08 Mar 2009 15:16

When it comes down to it... guess all it takes is knowing how to manage things...

14 servers.. with 14 xaseco's... with zero traffic... nevermind, I'll stop there... :lol:

BBMV
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by BBMV » 08 Mar 2009 22:15

sorry we running totally out of topic here so pls someone delete all that oot stuff here i start a new topic with the server probs

lets discuss there:
http://tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20361

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 09 Mar 2009 02:32

Taking it more off-topic... same db is fine. Same tables... crazy.