ASECO/RASP TMF 2.1.6 [08-6-4]

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, Assembler Maniac, f*ckfish, TM-Patrol

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: ASECO/RASP TMF 2.1.6 [08-6-4]

Post by f*ckfish » 10 Jun 2008 22:32

It's already planned for the next version =)
inactive, sorry

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 10 Jun 2008 23:03

I was wondering why F5/F6 stopped working. I like the widgets and hate too lose them.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 10 Jun 2008 23:22

as a temporary fix, open plugin.fufi.widgets.php and delete the following lines:

Code: Select all

'<quad action="'.$this->keyWidgetID.'001" actionkey="1" sizen="0 0"  posn="70 70 1"/>'.
		'<quad action="'.$this->keyWidgetID.'002" actionkey="2" sizen="0 0"  posn="70 70 1"/>'.
This should work for now.
inactive, sorry

tramp
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by tramp » 11 Jun 2008 00:08

Hey

I'm new here.
Could anybody tell me how install aseco on linux server?
There is only ONE tutorial for Windows i FAQ section.

I think that in package there will be something how to install this on my TMNF server but there is nothing!

In first post in this topic should be some instruction, information for newbies.
I downloaded everything and what?
I don't know what to do with this :/

Help me :D How install it :/

=========
OK i undestood it now.
Crazy i will write tutorial
Last edited by tramp on 11 Jun 2008 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

SundayDriver
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: tmn

Post by SundayDriver » 11 Jun 2008 00:31

music plugin fo rthe next aseco?

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 11 Jun 2008 06:06

SundayDriver wrote:music plugin fo rthe next aseco?
Assembler Maniac wrote:The music isn't that hard to code up, but I lack the time/desire to do it.

As for the easy admin adding, that's kinda in the works already, but it's taking longer to code the admin interface (for editing groups) than I want it too.
fordry wrote:i think he knows about xaseco since he mentioned it and i agree, why not have these features in aseco2? I know oliverde8 is working on dedimania now, but why not music and easy addition of admins? Then i wouldn't have to run both versions of aseco anymore :D.
see viewtopic.php?f=124&t=14511&start=90#p119843
inactive, sorry

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 12 Jun 2008 04:46

No more music plugin requests! If you want one, either port the one from xaseco, or code one up yourself. Adding it as a feature would just violate aseco's main purpose -- provide what everybody needs, with the option to add whatever features you wish.

Besides, AM already has plenty enough to worry about without spending time coding a plugin that most don't have a use for. There's plenty of plugin coders around here -- I'm sure one of them will take up this cause sooner or later.

tramp
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by tramp » 13 Jun 2008 16:37

Why unbaning dont work?

I ban one player and now im trying to unban him. and

/admin unban nick
/admin cleanbanlist

etc.

dosen't work :/

Focus
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by Focus » 13 Jun 2008 19:24

Hi! I´m new and i have question.

You write this: new - callVote function - now you can use $this->Aseco->callVote to call a vote for anything you want. F5/F6 are the voting keys (if you're in spec mode you'll need to click an onscreen button), see the function at about line 2043 for parameters if you want to code/re-code a plugin

And i have quetsion. How i do vote?

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 13 Jun 2008 19:30

tramp wrote:Why unbaning dont work?

I ban one player and now im trying to unban him. and

/admin unban nick
/admin cleanbanlist

etc.

dosen't work :/
Well, that's probably because those aren't valid commands in Aseco 2.x. You can still erase them in remotecp4 or via the banlist file, though...

Guess that's something to add to the requests... perhaps a 'listbans' admin command, a column for buttons to remove from the list (also perhaps a message stating when you used an invalid command would be nice).
Focus wrote:Hi! I´m new and i have question.

You write this: new - callVote function - now you can use $this->Aseco->callVote to call a vote for anything you want. F5/F6 are the voting keys (if you're in spec mode you'll need to click an onscreen button), see the function at about line 2043 for parameters if you want to code/re-code a plugin

And i have quetsion. How i do vote?
How do you vote? You just stated it yourself... click the button or use f5/f6.

If you want to see an example of how to code a plugin to use the callvote function, just take a peek at the /add or /replaymap functions inside the RASP jukebox plugin. It's pretty simple -- you have the function that initiates the vote, and then the function that handles the result. If you just want to see it in action... just use the /replaymap command (as long as you have it enabled in the RASP config).

SundayDriver
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: tmn

Post by SundayDriver » 14 Jun 2008 15:28

its a shame there are 2 aseco types now... I have to run 2 aseco becuase i like features from both people. I imagine you guys had your differences but 2 heads are better than one they say!

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Yorkshire » 15 Jun 2008 06:01

SundayDriver wrote:its a shame there are 2 aseco types now... I have to run 2 aseco becuase i like features from both people. I imagine you guys had your differences but 2 heads are better than one they say!
I agree, it seems a bit of a waste of effort. C'mon guys, get it together ;)

Regards,

Nick.

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 15 Jun 2008 14:36

the big problem with all this is that there are 3 factors that cause different code to come up:

1. one person has more time than the other at any given time
2. said person finds that feature x isn't extensive or flexible enough,
3. the code of the core doesn't suffice for the thing said person wants to achieve. this mixed with point one always creates these situations.

It's geting so bad now that even within aseco 2

I'm personally not so enthousiastic about the satelite plugins that make a core feature better. It's of different coders and although theiy mean well, it somehow always splits the identity of the software and you always get people that use these extentions , and other people that use the basic feature as provided.

I'm not a programmer but I think if there's so much need for extentions and features and ellaborations of features that those people that want to invest in the scritps that they have to do it together and work as a team for the software they like the best, and not try to do too much on their own.

If it's feature that add a substantial benifit to the script as a plugin thats good, but if core features are expanded by a few different people: it causes confusion even if they are plugins. One might be inclined to wonder if these extended features shouldn't become core features of the next version.

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 15 Jun 2008 15:37

All of what you brought up is why Flo asked me join him in the ASECO Sourceforge project.

No plugin should force editing of the core code. If that's the case, we'll try to adjust core code so that the plugin can be used without core edit, and open up those changes for others to aid in plugin writing.

"It's getting so bad now that even with aseco 2...." Is there more to this thought? I don't get it. Are you talking about the re-writes that some people have done?
BLaHiTiS wrote:the big problem with all this is that there are 3 factors that cause different code to come up:

1. one person has more time than the other at any given time
2. said person finds that feature x isn't extensive or flexible enough,
3. the code of the core doesn't suffice for the thing said person wants to achieve. this mixed with point one always creates these situations.

It's geting so bad now that even within aseco 2

I'm personally not so enthousiastic about the satelite plugins that make a core feature better. It's of different coders and although theiy mean well, it somehow always splits the identity of the software and you always get people that use these extentions , and other people that use the basic feature as provided.

I'm not a programmer but I think if there's so much need for extentions and features and ellaborations of features that those people that want to invest in the scritps that they have to do it together and work as a team for the software they like the best, and not try to do too much on their own.

If it's feature that add a substantial benifit to the script as a plugin thats good, but if core features are expanded by a few different people: it causes confusion even if they are plugins. One might be inclined to wonder if these extended features shouldn't become core features of the next version.

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 17 Jun 2008 01:30

got a new glitch.

Code: Select all

[06/16,21:24:45] player unrtjackel used chat command '/replaymap '
Callvote Playercount = 20
Need y=12, need n=8
[06/16,21:24:45] XMLRPC Error [-503] - Call XML not a proper XML-RPC call.  Inva
lid UTF-8 initial byte
[06/16,21:24:45] player 72 finished with 00:24.37 and took the 2. WR place!
[06/16,21:24:46] XMLRPC Error [-503] - Call XML not a proper XML-RPC call.  Inva
lid UTF-8 initial byte
[06/16,21:24:47] XMLRPC Error [-503] - Call XML not a proper XML-RPC call.  Inva
lid UTF-8 initial byte
that starts up after /replaymap is used didn't check /add but it most likely do it too. and the only thing I changed recently was the two lines fufi said too remove from his plugin so F5/F6 would work again.
I'll re-add the two lines and see if that stops the error.

Quick update I disabled both Fufi and Oliverde8's plugins and the error still happening, so it's not plugin related, and this just started recently, was work fine after fixing the time limit glitch.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.