ASECO/RASP requests

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, f*ckfish, Assembler Maniac, TM-Patrol

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by nocturne » 12 Aug 2008 20:18

UNP-Gadget wrote:I beg to differ in certain circumstances. The server is run from a 100 mb up and 100 mb down dedicated box. Lagg is not apparant at all except when certain people who have an abismal connection join...
Well... would it be possible to use the php 'passthru' command..? Something like a player connect function that pings the ip with passthru, and kicks the player if it is above a set limit...

Would work in theory, I guess.... Unventured territory for me, so you're on your own.. :wink:

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN

Post by fordry » 15 Sep 2008 23:34

could someone make a little tutorial on how to change the commands in aseco, for instance, since /admin replaymap is soooo long, how to change it to /admin rep or whatever. I know there is a clickable interface, but i like the chat commands better. If it is complex, thats ok i understand, but if its rather simple, i would appreciate being able to do that.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 15 Sep 2008 23:47

fordry wrote:could someone make a little tutorial on how to change the commands in aseco, for instance, since /admin replaymap is soooo long, how to change it to /admin rep or whatever. I know there is a clickable interface, but i like the chat commands better. If it is complex, thats ok i understand, but if its rather simple, i would appreciate being able to do that.
At the bottom of any given plugin, there's a list of commands that you can edit to shorten if you want. Keep in mind that some of the shortcut bars that Oliverd8 and others have created may stop working if you edit the commands. If you don't use those bars, then all should be well.

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 16 Sep 2008 21:10

AM, Flo, or whoever would like too try and code this. I know we have a votable /replaymap and /add command in Jukebox. could someone try too code a /skipmap command that could start a vote to goto nextmap??? I know it's a callvote function with TM Dedicated, but all my callvotes are disabled too keep people from doing Ban Callvotes for no reason. At least this way people can skip a track that's too hard for them or just really bad.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 16 Sep 2008 23:05

Jackel wrote:AM, Flo, or whoever would like too try and code this. I know we have a votable /replaymap and /add command in Jukebox. could someone try too code a /skipmap command that could start a vote to goto nextmap??? I know it's a callvote function with TM Dedicated, but all my callvotes are disabled too keep people from doing Ban Callvotes for no reason. At least this way people can skip a track that's too hard for them or just really bad.
Did you know you can selectively enable votes? Check out your config file for a section containing the votes list, each can be set individually.

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Jackel » 17 Sep 2008 21:27

Assembler Maniac wrote:
Jackel wrote:AM, Flo, or whoever would like too try and code this. I know we have a votable /replaymap and /add command in Jukebox. could someone try too code a /skipmap command that could start a vote to goto nextmap??? I know it's a callvote function with TM Dedicated, but all my callvotes are disabled too keep people from doing Ban Callvotes for no reason. At least this way people can skip a track that's too hard for them or just really bad.
Did you know you can selectively enable votes? Check out your config file for a section containing the votes list, each can be set individually.
hmm, ok I'll check into that.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 18 Sep 2008 20:38

In your server's config file, inside the <ServerOptions> section...

Code: Select all

<callvote_ratios>
			<voteratio command="Ban" ratio="1.00"/>
			<voteratio command="Kick" ratio="1.00"/>
			<voteratio command="ChallengeRestart" ratio="0.54"/>
			<voteratio command="NextChallenge" ratio="1.00"/>
			<!-- commands can be "Ban", "Kick", "ChallengeRestart", "NextChallenge", ... -->
		</callvote_ratios>
Just set to whatever you choose...

On the other hand... I suppose I should code up the votescript I've been putting off for months now... It's an easy hack-up with the aseco callvote function... might have something tonight.

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 18 Sep 2008 20:56

The problem with a vote command is that no one knows about it. They see that callvotes are disabled and don't realize there is another way to vote, so they just don't vote at all.

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Jackel » 18 Sep 2008 22:59

blooper wrote:The problem with a vote command is that no one knows about it. They see that callvotes are disabled and don't realize there is another way to vote, so they just don't vote at all.
it's not hard too inform people about a chat based vote, use something like Oliver's random info plugin for Aseco 2.2.0c or insert a chat trigger in the chat bot too say something when someone mentions skipping, or replaying the track. but being able too enable just that callvote is good enough for now. really didn't read al the little quirks of the new TM dedi when it got released just did the needed stuff too get a server running.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 19 Sep 2008 18:39

blooper wrote:The problem with a vote command is that no one knows about it. They see that callvotes are disabled and don't realize there is another way to vote, so they just don't vote at all.
That's kind of the whole point... :roflol:

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Jackel » 19 Sep 2008 23:25

nocturne wrote:
That's kind of the whole point... :roflol:
True.. :1

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s

Post by [RFR]DaD » 26 Oct 2008 01:53

whats the chance of getting some laps related plugins? like fastest lap records, sector records, etc. For some reason the checkpoint plugin seems to have some "lying" issues in laps mode.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 31 Oct 2008 13:09

and which plugin do you mean":

plugin.rasp_cptimes.php this i think.?

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s

Post by [RFR]DaD » 31 Oct 2008 21:44

yep, cptimes plugin seems to lie half of the time in laps mode...sometimes it will be spot on, sometimes it will have you 30 seconds blue, and you finish 10 seconds red. Then the next time thru the play list it might work on that track. it seems to be totally random on when it wants to work.

yes we are using the latest updated server/aseco/rasp, although i do not believe the cptimes plugin has been changed or updated in quite awhile. wondering if it has something to do with changes made in the "optional update" that came out back in july/august as that is about when the errors started occuring.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 02 Nov 2008 13:26

well it looks like the only plugin that works for this is plugin.checkpoints.php off dedimania plugin.

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!