ASECO/RASP requests

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, f*ckfish, Assembler Maniac, TM-Patrol

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1390
Joined: 08 Jun 2007 18:48
Owned TM-games: all
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by nocturne » 12 Aug 2008 20:18

UNP-Gadget wrote:I beg to differ in certain circumstances. The server is run from a 100 mb up and 100 mb down dedicated box. Lagg is not apparant at all except when certain people who have an abismal connection join...
Well... would it be possible to use the php 'passthru' command..? Something like a player connect function that pings the ip with passthru, and kicks the player if it is above a set limit...

Would work in theory, I guess.... Unventured territory for me, so you're on your own.. :wink:

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 368
Joined: 24 Jan 2008 20:53
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by fordry » 15 Sep 2008 23:34

could someone make a little tutorial on how to change the commands in aseco, for instance, since /admin replaymap is soooo long, how to change it to /admin rep or whatever. I know there is a clickable interface, but i like the chat commands better. If it is complex, thats ok i understand, but if its rather simple, i would appreciate being able to do that.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1493
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 13:24
Owned TM-games: TMU
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by Assembler Maniac » 15 Sep 2008 23:47

fordry wrote:could someone make a little tutorial on how to change the commands in aseco, for instance, since /admin replaymap is soooo long, how to change it to /admin rep or whatever. I know there is a clickable interface, but i like the chat commands better. If it is complex, thats ok i understand, but if its rather simple, i would appreciate being able to do that.
At the bottom of any given plugin, there's a list of commands that you can edit to shorten if you want. Keep in mind that some of the shortcut bars that Oliverd8 and others have created may stop working if you edit the commands. If you don't use those bars, then all should be well.

User avatar
Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 316
Joined: 06 Oct 2006 09:57
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by Jackel » 16 Sep 2008 21:10

AM, Flo, or whoever would like too try and code this. I know we have a votable /replaymap and /add command in Jukebox. could someone try too code a /skipmap command that could start a vote to goto nextmap??? I know it's a callvote function with TM Dedicated, but all my callvotes are disabled too keep people from doing Ban Callvotes for no reason. At least this way people can skip a track that's too hard for them or just really bad.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Image
Image
Image

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1493
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 13:24
Owned TM-games: TMU
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by Assembler Maniac » 16 Sep 2008 23:05

Jackel wrote:AM, Flo, or whoever would like too try and code this. I know we have a votable /replaymap and /add command in Jukebox. could someone try too code a /skipmap command that could start a vote to goto nextmap??? I know it's a callvote function with TM Dedicated, but all my callvotes are disabled too keep people from doing Ban Callvotes for no reason. At least this way people can skip a track that's too hard for them or just really bad.
Did you know you can selectively enable votes? Check out your config file for a section containing the votes list, each can be set individually.

User avatar
Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 316
Joined: 06 Oct 2006 09:57
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by Jackel » 17 Sep 2008 21:27

Assembler Maniac wrote:
Jackel wrote:AM, Flo, or whoever would like too try and code this. I know we have a votable /replaymap and /add command in Jukebox. could someone try too code a /skipmap command that could start a vote to goto nextmap??? I know it's a callvote function with TM Dedicated, but all my callvotes are disabled too keep people from doing Ban Callvotes for no reason. At least this way people can skip a track that's too hard for them or just really bad.
Did you know you can selectively enable votes? Check out your config file for a section containing the votes list, each can be set individually.
hmm, ok I'll check into that.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Image
Image
Image

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1390
Joined: 08 Jun 2007 18:48
Owned TM-games: all
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by nocturne » 18 Sep 2008 20:38

In your server's config file, inside the <ServerOptions> section...

Code: Select all

		<callvote_ratios>
			<voteratio command="Ban" ratio="1.00"/>
			<voteratio command="Kick" ratio="1.00"/>
			<voteratio command="ChallengeRestart" ratio="0.54"/>
			<voteratio command="NextChallenge" ratio="1.00"/>
			<!-- commands can be "Ban", "Kick", "ChallengeRestart", "NextChallenge", ... -->
		</callvote_ratios>
Just set to whatever you choose...

On the other hand... I suppose I should code up the votescript I've been putting off for months now... It's an easy hack-up with the aseco callvote function... might have something tonight.

User avatar
blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 144
Joined: 11 Oct 2007 23:47
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by blooper » 18 Sep 2008 20:56

The problem with a vote command is that no one knows about it. They see that callvotes are disabled and don't realize there is another way to vote, so they just don't vote at all.

User avatar
Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 316
Joined: 06 Oct 2006 09:57
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by Jackel » 18 Sep 2008 22:59

blooper wrote:The problem with a vote command is that no one knows about it. They see that callvotes are disabled and don't realize there is another way to vote, so they just don't vote at all.
it's not hard too inform people about a chat based vote, use something like Oliver's random info plugin for Aseco 2.2.0c or insert a chat trigger in the chat bot too say something when someone mentions skipping, or replaying the track. but being able too enable just that callvote is good enough for now. really didn't read al the little quirks of the new TM dedi when it got released just did the needed stuff too get a server running.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Image
Image
Image

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1390
Joined: 08 Jun 2007 18:48
Owned TM-games: all
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by nocturne » 19 Sep 2008 18:39

blooper wrote:The problem with a vote command is that no one knows about it. They see that callvotes are disabled and don't realize there is another way to vote, so they just don't vote at all.
That's kind of the whole point... :roflol:

User avatar
Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 316
Joined: 06 Oct 2006 09:57
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by Jackel » 19 Sep 2008 23:25

nocturne wrote:
blooper wrote:The problem with a vote command is that no one knows about it. They see that callvotes are disabled and don't realize there is another way to vote, so they just don't vote at all.
That's kind of the whole point... :roflol:
True.. :1
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 76
Joined: 09 Dec 2006 18:19
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by [RFR]DaD » 26 Oct 2008 01:53

whats the chance of getting some laps related plugins? like fastest lap records, sector records, etc. For some reason the checkpoint plugin seems to have some "lying" issues in laps mode.

User avatar
w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1466
Joined: 23 May 2007 07:20
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Venray

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by w1lla » 31 Oct 2008 13:09

and which plugin do you mean":

plugin.rasp_cptimes.php this i think.?

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

User avatar
[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 76
Joined: 09 Dec 2006 18:19
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by [RFR]DaD » 31 Oct 2008 21:44

yep, cptimes plugin seems to lie half of the time in laps mode...sometimes it will be spot on, sometimes it will have you 30 seconds blue, and you finish 10 seconds red. Then the next time thru the play list it might work on that track. it seems to be totally random on when it wants to work.

yes we are using the latest updated server/aseco/rasp, although i do not believe the cptimes plugin has been changed or updated in quite awhile. wondering if it has something to do with changes made in the "optional update" that came out back in july/august as that is about when the errors started occuring.

User avatar
w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1466
Joined: 23 May 2007 07:20
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Venray

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by w1lla » 02 Nov 2008 13:26

well it looks like the only plugin that works for this is plugin.checkpoints.php off dedimania plugin.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Post Reply