ASECO/RASP requests

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, Assembler Maniac, f*ckfish, TM-Patrol

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United and TMN

ASECO/RASP requests

Post by The Doctor » 18 Apr 2008 22:45

For those of you who like to dream about the possibilities of Aseco/Rasp. Here is the spot to hang those wants and needs.
  • 1) I and others(fordy) would like to have a restart/replay command that would push the track being played into the next in line so that music would be preserved on restarts. That would also enable points to be awarded at the end of the round."/restart" would start a vote to restart the map at the end of the turn. "/admin restart" would just restart without the vote.

2) I would like all the commands for admins to be condensed into 4 or less characters except for the really potentially damaging ones. For example: /admin res = restart, /admin next =nextmap, ...I suppose anyone could do this but a standardized format would be good I think

3) a matchplay plugin that displays at the end of each round and has a php function that generates a webpage with results for each track. well maybe that latter part would be better done at the server level. outside the game.
What do you think? Your ideas.......
Last edited by The Doctor on 20 Apr 2008 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: ASECO/RASP requests

Post by f*ckfish » 18 Apr 2008 23:59

Although AM already knows it, i'll put it here, I'd like the following things =)
  1. a chatstream "framework"
  2. tiered admin support
  3. ingame admin adding and removing
inactive, sorry

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 19 Apr 2008 00:09

Well, I have a 'bit' of a moderator plugin, and I'm working out some of the admin commands like 'replaymap' and the many others that were popular in tmn aseco .6+...

I'll post what I have later, after I clean it up a bit...

expressman
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by expressman » 19 Apr 2008 04:13

- A donate to server button.

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 19 Apr 2008 17:00

- being able to have the tracks that users have added from tmx to be automatically added to the tracklist
- being able to see which tracks users called from tmx, and then easily being able to ad them to the tracklist

the first one shouldn't be that hard, the second one would be awesome :)
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 19 Apr 2008 17:22

I'd like too see if someone could update Cyrus's Auto-Track Manager too work in the new Aseco. makes removing tracks with bad karma much easier.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Dreyfuss
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by Dreyfuss » 21 Apr 2008 00:24

I'd like a command that combines /admin add, /admin writetracklist, and /admin loadms all into one that normal players can use. In other words I want normal players to be able to permanently add tracks to the rotation.

Seconding the ability to configure the server to auto-remove tracks with low karma.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 21 Apr 2008 13:20

1. Partly done - /admin replaymap

2. Admin panel will have a list of frequently used commands available. Not re-written yet, but the old version is still there. Click the >> on status bar, then admin and the admin panel opens. There will be more entries added to the list and an easy way to add them from other plugins. It's also available by doing /admin by itself.

3. Matchsave has been hard to test, but if anyone's willing to get a bunch of people on a server and let me know what works/doesn't work, it would be a huge help.
The Doctor wrote:For those of you who like to dream about the possibilities of Aseco/Rasp. Here is the spot to hang those wants and needs.
  • 1) I and others(fordy) would like to have a restart/replay command that would push the track being played into the next in line so that music would be preserved on restarts. That would also enable points to be awarded at the end of the round."/restart" would start a vote to restart the map at the end of the turn. "/admin restart" would just restart without the vote.

2) I would like all the commands for admins to be condensed into 4 or less characters except for the really potentially damaging ones. For example: /admin res = restart, /admin next =nextmap, ...I suppose anyone could do this but a standardized format would be good I think

3) a matchplay plugin that displays at the end of each round and has a php function that generates a webpage with results for each track. well maybe that latter part would be better done at the server level. outside the game.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 21 Apr 2008 18:02

f*ckfish wrote:Although AM already knows it, i'll put it here, I'd like the following things =)
  1. a chatstream "framework"
  2. tiered admin support
  3. ingame admin adding and removing
#2 and #3 are planned for, need to see how hard #1 will be.

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN

Post by fordry » 23 Apr 2008 23:05

Would it be possible to make the server commands customizable? or maybe just something where you would be able to make up a command name and assign it to one of the actual commands? Then you could just make the admin commands or whatever other commands whatever you want.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 24 Apr 2008 01:00

fordry wrote:Would it be possible to make the server commands customizable? or maybe just something where you would be able to make up a command name and assign it to one of the actual commands? Then you could just make the admin commands or whatever other commands whatever you want.
Umm, well... Basically the commands are definied in a very simple manner -- there's the function, and the the 'register' for the chat command. If you just want to rename a command, you just need to find the register and change it as you see fit.

For example, if you want to change '/admin restartmap' to just '/admin restart', you'd find this line at the bottom of the admin plugin:

Code: Select all

$_PLUGIN->addChatCommand('admin restartmap', 'restartMap', 'restarts current map');
And change it to this:

Code: Select all

$_PLUGIN->addChatCommand('admin restart', 'restartMap', 'restarts current map');
Or even run them both side by side, though both will appear in the 'help' menu.

As far as '/admin' goes, though, it's not something that can be changed in the command register, otherwise all players will be able to use the command (unlike the original aseco, and xaseco). It can be easily coded into Aseco (I can post the edit if you want), but you'd have to register both groups of commands, filling up the help context like crazy (though, who needs that, anyways..?).

If you need anymore help, Fordry, you know how to contact me... :thumbsup:

And keep the suggestions flowing, guys... Most of it is pretty simple, especially commands that existed in Aseco .7-.95. I'll be posting a few plugins shortly, once I test everything out, including tiered admin support, karma vote check for required finishes, jukebox admin allowances, and an extended admin command plugin.

As far as 'core' Aseco/Rasp requests go, I'd request more 'indepth' $player and $command arrays. It's not too important, but it'd be nice to use '$command['author']->playerID' instead of making another mysql query.

utal
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by utal » 24 Apr 2008 02:01

ATM aka auto track manager, since there is a lot of bad maps at the beginning and ATM would help us out on building a server with good maps :P

tks!

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 24 Apr 2008 02:12

utal wrote:ATM aka auto track manager, since there is a lot of bad maps at the beginning and ATM would help us out on building a server with good maps :P

tks!
I second this one, well actually third, I posted this one already once. :roflol:
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

utal
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by utal » 24 Apr 2008 02:20

oh didn't saw :P

i use ATM since TMN too, a must have for public server with may tracks :)

Regards
Jackel wrote:
utal wrote:ATM aka auto track manager, since there is a lot of bad maps at the beginning and ATM would help us out on building a server with good maps :P

tks!
I second this one, well actually third, I posted this one already once. :roflol:

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United and TMN

Post by The Doctor » 24 Apr 2008 20:00

the /admin replaymap works great. Thank you.
Now an open command /replay that starts a vote to replay the map would round it out.
I sent you(AM) a PM about the matchplay crashes. Anyone else having trouble with the match plugin?