Someone needs to help me.. Read ALL other posts..

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

SVK76
highway camper
highway camper

Someone needs to help me.. Read ALL other posts..

Post by SVK76 » 03 Jul 2007 18:48

ok... right... im trying to put up a server... have followed every single tutorial i could ever find.. and have done everything right to what i can see... but i still get error 10060.... BUT sometimes it works.. well once.... WHY??

here are screen shots of every thing i have done... could someone explain to me what i have done wrong...

SOmeone tell me the problem????

thank you

Ps.. would search... but the search is being annoying and only finding recent posts.....

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 03 Jul 2007 19:21

what is that windows thing?
the ip is different form the one on your router so....

and why on earth do you leave the windows firewall enabled? shut it down, and download zonealarm or so, there is a decent free version of zonealarm, and it'll give you far less troubles
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

ardley216
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by ardley216 » 03 Jul 2007 19:36

i've disabled windows firewalls... should i delete the the last part of the images ( like on my computer)??

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 03 Jul 2007 21:30

ardley216 wrote:i've disabled windows firewalls... should i delete the the last part of the images ( like on my computer)??
if you disabled the firewall, it should be okay
have you tried rebooting your pc? sometimes port forwarding just doesn't work for no reason at all, and a reboot fixes it...
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

ardley216
road tourist
road tourist

Post by ardley216 » 04 Jul 2007 11:01

I'll try that... Its on;y worked twice... I think its my router... Its just annoying :)

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 04 Jul 2007 11:22

usually portfowarding gets screwed when something interrupted the connection... i've also see nit happen when the cable got unplugged, and plugged back in, or when the connection changes it's ip adress.... usually rebooting the computer or/and the router fixes it, until something like that happens again....

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 04 Jul 2007 12:36

If you're in DMZ mode (as i saw on the screenshots) everything should go through the router... It must be something else then.

Funnyman
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMU, TMF

Post by Funnyman » 04 Jul 2007 15:49

You have mixed up some ip adresses as far is i can see

Port forwarding should be to the pc that is hosting the dedi (192.168.1.136 ?)

(Default)Gateway should be your dhcp server wich hosted your router (possibly 192.168.1.1)

Disable DMZ

Make sure the hosting pc has a static ip adres

Further by opening these ports u can enable your router's firewall (lil safer)

Disable windows firewall service (no need for that since your router has a firewall)
Ð Ξ F u n n y M a n

ardley216
road tourist
road tourist

Post by ardley216 » 04 Jul 2007 20:29

Soo... If I took away the last bit...

It shoudl work?? or if I put that to my default gatewway... Or the static IP adresss?

and if that doesn't work... Restart computer and router!

Tylerbot
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by Tylerbot » 09 Jul 2007 14:55

Under windows firewall service settings, you have an IP address listed under Trackmania, but it looks like you've entered your external IP. You should have entered localhost, since I assume you're hosting it on your local computer. Unless of course you're running the server on another computer on your network, in which case it would be something like 192.168.1.XXX or similar.

You'll also want to set a static IP in your TCP/IP settings, so that the ports being forwarded by your router are indeed being forwarded to you (this may be correct now, but it may also change if your computer disconnects/reconnects. A static local IP prevents this and reserves an IP address for only your computer).

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 09 Jul 2007 21:45

rofl Did you config your ip settings in the launcher????

* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 10 Jul 2007 04:50

just a sidenote... don't use zonealarm -- it doesn't work (even worse than the XP firewall). It's less of a firewall, and more of a port access logger, and has never been considered secure. Even after years of endorsing it, PCWorld refused even to include it in their recent firewall shootout, as it just never did what it was supposed to do. (If you don't believe me, just run any port-security test (like the one at DSLReports) with zonealarm running, and you'll see nothing but big red X's)

I posted a quick security guide on the FAQ forum that might be a worthy read. Basically, basic users should use Comodo and advanced users should use Kerio PF v2.1.5 (Classic Version) with the BZ Ruleset from DSLReports forum. For Vista users, however, the only 'slightly decent' firewall out yet is the PCTools one, though I'd keep a sharp eye out for the vista-beta version of Comodo. Best of all, all these are free!

As for the OP's problem, I'd say the best course of action is to disable the XP firewall, if only just to make sure it's not the problem. It really seems like you are trying any last effort, and as a result you are entering a lot of conflicting/unnecessary settings (actually, you should delete/reset every one of those settings, for that matter, as they have nothing to do with your problem). If you do insist on using the XP firewall, the only configuration you should need is just creating one rule for the TM server executable, that allows both UDP/TCP and traffic in both directions (you could specify which ports, or just let it use what it chooses -- it won't use any other port by accident, and isn't really a security risk).

As for your modem, the Virtual Server config is all you need -- with it set up, you shouldn't need to disable the firewall on the modem, nor make the Special App rules, and enabling DMZ is just a last ditch effort that never really fixes anything (only meant to only allow one PC on a network net access -- sounds like nothing to do with this, eh?). Only other thing you would ever need to edit in the modem config is possibly bonding your network card's MAC address to that specific network IP, so the modem doesn't decide to switch it on you via DHCP, thus rendering the Virtual Server config useless.

In the end, you said your server worked once, so it seems very probable that all your additional configuring more than likely is what is causing the problem...

Edit: In response to the post right above mine, those setting are only for launching a server directly from the TM game, and have absolutely nothing to do with dedicated server settings (which are defined in the used cfg file).

ardley216
road tourist
road tourist

Post by ardley216 » 16 Jul 2007 08:07

ah cool. thankyou for all your responces. it now works :) and very good advice with the firewall crap... although abit late... i've just had to format my cmputer thnaks to the viruses zone alarm let though..... :?