TMN players not able to join games created by TMU player.

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Infenso
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

TMN players not able to join games created by TMU player.

Post by Infenso » 28 Apr 2011 04:08

I own Trackmania United Forever.

My friends have the free version (Trackmania Nations Forever).

When I host a server via "play online" from the main menu, my friends are not able to join my game, even though I'm simply using stadium maps and playlists that are available through the Nation's version of the game. The comments state that they have the wrong game version.

Less than a year ago, I was able to do this and it worked. It didn't matter that I had the paid version and they had the free, as long as I only hosted games with stadium tracks, they could join without issue.

I'd like to also clarify that this is not a "connection" issue, one of the friends I'm trying to play with also has the United Forever version of the game, and he can connect and play with me just fine. It is not a network/firewall/port forwarding problem, that is taken care of. The game simply isn't allowing Nations Forever players to play games I create with my United Forever account anymore.

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: TMN players not able to join games created by TMU player

Post by corto-72 » 28 Apr 2011 06:32

Check the freezone discussions threads... Nations players can only play on freezone servers now.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: TMN players not able to join games created by TMU player

Post by Ant » 02 May 2011 19:56

corto-72 wrote:Check the freezone discussions threads... Nations players can only play on freezone servers now.
Unless they add other servers to their favourites list of course, then they can play on them.