Ca'nt go online

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Shotokill
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNations Forever

Ca'nt go online

Post by Shotokill » 01 Apr 2011 12:37

When I star the game it says to go online or I will not be able to acces the online feactures, but when I click on "conect" it says "press OK to retry to conect" and then I press ok and it goes to the window before and the only way I can play the game is going offline.Can someone help me?

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Ca'nt go online

Post by Gording » 01 Apr 2011 13:12

Try opening your browser, and going to a website, before you attempt to connect with any online games.

There are many hundreds of thousands of connection types, software setups, and ISP's around the globe that disable internet access until a broswer session (A browser is like Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, and if you stretch the description far enough, "M$ In-TheNeck Exploder" etc.) is launched by a user.

So although your computer may be physically connected all the time, TM is not a browser session, and launching it by it's own might simply not be what your own software and ISP might need to enable a live connection. So try loading a web page first, leave it open, then try Trackmania online.

If it works....have fun, if not, let us know.

Good luck.

Shotokill
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Shotokill » 01 Apr 2011 13:23

Gording wrote:Try opening your browser, and going to a website, before you attempt to connect with any online games.

There are many hundreds of thousands of connection types, software setups, and ISP's around the globe that disable internet access until a broswer session (A browser is like Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, and if you stretch the description far enough, "M$ In-TheNeck Exploder" etc.) is launched by a user.

So although your computer may be physically connected all the time, TM is not a browser session, and launching it by it's own might simply not be what your own software and ISP might need to enable a live connection. So try loading a web page first, leave it open, then try Trackmania online.

Good luck.
OK.I will try it and then say if it worked.

Shotokill
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Shotokill » 01 Apr 2011 13:28

Shotokill wrote:
Gording wrote:Try opening your browser, and going to a website, before you attempt to connect with any online games.

Good luck.
OK.I will try it and then say if it worked.
I did what you said and opened my browser and going to a website before starting the game but it continues with the same problem.

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Gording » 02 Apr 2011 02:33

I did what you said and opened my browser and going to a website before starting the game but it continues with the same problem.
Which virtually removes any and all problems with internet connectivity from the equation.

So next thing you need to do is verify you allowed the game when it tries to connect to pass your firewall and security software settings. If you don't do this all internet games won't be able to connect....as until you unlock the door, they can't escape out into the World Wide Wobble.

Basically how to set firewalls to work is something most don't know, but the software by default locks all the doors, until the users (that's you) says what's allowed onto the internet. Software can't think for you, you have to allow this and decide, and set the options. So you should look at some other threads just in case this is where your problem is, and here's one I've detailed more fully :

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25747&p=178608&hil ... rm#p178608

Again, good luck.

elgordo78
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by elgordo78 » 04 Apr 2011 13:10

I have issues too. I've done the basic thing of having a browser online, and always my e-mail program is running and checks for new messages on 8 accounts every minute.

I noted in the advanced config options I can set the game to use a proxy, with username and password and ports, but it doesn't allow me to put a proxy's address (i.e place.domain.xx.uk). Assuming it runs an auto-detect, is there no way to force it to such an address that I know works in browsers when autodetect fails?