Sits at 0% Extracting

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

arwen
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: None

Sits at 0% Extracting

Post by arwen » 23 Mar 2011 11:37

Hi there, I have been asked to install the free version of this game at the school I work in. But straight away I am having issues.

Once it has downlaoded the .exe file, double clicking it brings a windows with 'Trackmania Nations Forever' and a loading bar, along with a cancel button. The title of the windows is simply '0% Extracting'. I have left this up for over an hour an nothing extracts.

I have tried this on various pcs that meat the required spec, both WinXP Pro and Win7 Pro and they all do the same. I have administrator rights so cannot see what the problem is.

Any help?

Thanks,

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: Sits at 0% Extracting

Post by Ant » 23 Mar 2011 21:35

Where did you download the file? If not from an official site then try this:

http://www.focus-files.com/game/

Then you have these updates for it:

http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmN ... _Setup.exe
http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmN ... _Setup.exe

After an install of the game, you should only need to use the second update though - good luck!

arwen
highway camper
highway camper

Post by arwen » 24 Mar 2011 08:57

I downloaded it from www.trackmania.com/

I'll try your link and see how it goes, thanks. :)

arwen
highway camper
highway camper

Post by arwen » 28 Mar 2011 10:56

Hi, I have dowloaded your version of it, and it is doing the same thing.... (atleast on Win7, havnt tried it on WinXP yet)

Is there any offical support for this at all?

Thanks,

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 28 Mar 2011 16:31

Well, you could try emailing support@tm-united.com or support@trackmania.com

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Gording » 02 Apr 2011 02:54

arwen wrote:Hi, I have dowloaded your version of it, and it is doing the same thing.... (atleast on Win7, havnt tried it on WinXP yet)
What size is the zip file you are trying to install? Just because you have downloaded the file from both the official site, and from Ant's well supported links, it does not mean that you have a full install .exe. :?

Computers can have unkown trojans, and/or virus programs, which love to attach themselves onto the end of downloaded EXE's, and then trying to run them either blows the computer up, presents problems in getting the damned things to run at all, or when the moon is blue little pixies come dancing out of the keyboard. :cry:

So tell Ant what size the file you downloaded is (both it's actual and reported size) so he can verify if you have a problem with either a strange file size (such as a virus your PC has attached to it), or perhaps you've ended up with an incomplete EXE. Both of which will obviously not run properly. If the size proves to be all present and correct, you can of course right click on the setup.EXE in Winblows 7 > Properties > and set it's compatabilty mode to run as though it was W98/ME/XP, which TM is more suitable for.