Problem whit TMNF

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

KammkazZe
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Problem whit TMNF

Post by KammkazZe » 03 Jan 2011 13:51

Hello,i am not really good at english so.. sorry for the mistakes

I have the game on STEAM and i start the game i play 3-4 minutes and the image freeze and i hear 1 sound reapeating i can't make anything else just restart. help me please.

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Problem whit TMNF

Post by Gording » 09 Jan 2011 16:32

KammkazZe wrote:Hello,i am not really good at english so.. sorry for the mistakes

i play 3-4 minutes and the image freeze and i hear 1 sound reapeating i can't make anything else just restart.
That's a PC crash.

Try doing it a few times after each restart, and time it each time. If the time to crash gets faster and faster, your PC is possibly overheating.

Computers are like small vacuum cleaners, they constantly scrub and clean the air they use for cooling, and dust in the air gradually clogs up heatsinks and fans (no matter where you live too).

Thermal crashes will certainly take less and less time between hard resets, so it's easy to time them to check. If the problem and times get worse, open the PC, with it swiched off. Use a soft 1inch paint prush with natural bristles (don't use synthetic brushes as these may cause static) to gently clean dust/clumps of hair/elephants, out of fan blades and heatsinks.

Do not use a Hoover! The high pressure can easily pull components off boards and then you've got a broken computer.