Error in Editor Skins

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Matheus KS
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TM2S

Error in Editor Skins

Post by Matheus KS » 22 Oct 2010 17:25

Hello!
I have TrackMania Nations Forever, and it has a bug in the vehicle editor. I can paint the car but each time I go to paste a sticker the game comes out automatically. :ftw:

My computer has this configuration: Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Video Card VIA Unichrome Pro IGP (64 MB).
The game is with this setting: 1024x768 Video; quality: nicer.

Sorry for my English, Google translator is not very good.
:1

Matheus KS
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Re: Error in Editor Skins

Post by Matheus KS » 09 Jan 2011 22:50

I tried to install DirectX 10, but to no avail.
After all, is software or hardware that is hurting the game? :ftw:

It is useless without a racing game that you can modify the cars. :grmblz:
:lovetm

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 10 Jan 2011 13:40

"The game comes out automatically" <- I dont get this

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Gording » 10 Jan 2011 20:16

Matheus KS wrote:I have TrackMania Nations Forever, and it has a bug in the vehicle editor.
No it does not. I will keep this simple as English is not your language.
Matheus KS wrote:I can paint the car but each time I go to paste a sticker..."the game exits immediately".

My "laptop" has this configuration:
Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
This is ok.
Matheus KS wrote:512 MB RAM
This is low, the game could run on that, but will probably clunk on lap 1 as your Hard Drive loads more track files.
Matheus KS wrote:Video Card VIA Unichrome Pro IGP 64 MB
...and that is your problem right there.

The VIA/S3 Unichrome is at least 10 years old, and it was not powerful back then. It is only a Direct X7 chip too. It does not have the hardware support that Vista, Direct X10, and modern games need or use (it has no T & L unit, or advanced pixel shaders).

TM minimum spec is : Direct X9.0c compatible graphics card.

Your Unichrome does not have that, so the game exits when you try to do something as basic as put a sticker on a car. It's not a bug, your hardware does not have the feature set the game needs, so it exits. Simple really.
Matheus KS wrote:The game is with this setting: 1024x768 Video; quality: nicer.
Far too high, even if it could run...which it probably w will not. 640 x 480 res, and all options set to the lowest levels would be a huge struggle for a UniChrome. "Nicer" at a higher res, has 0% chance. Sorry.

All Unichrome's are shown almost at the very bottom of the performance chart below, and reviews show it has little success in running even low end games without major problems (I have seen one struggle to play NFS Hot Pursuit).

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Gra ... 844.0.html

Via Unichrome Pro is at place #302 with a 3DMark 2003 score of just 177. I've recently explained in another thread that the nVidia ION can just about manage to play TM Nations (not TMN + Forever) with lowest details, and this scores a massive 3000 in the more hungry 3D Mark 2005. There is no score for 2005 benchmark for Unichrome because that benchmark also needed Direct X9, and....again Via Unichrome is only a DX7 part.
»Enryx« wrote:"The game comes out automatically" <- I dont get this
That will be "exits", after all if you exit you leave/come out. No? 8)

Automatic language translators aren't very good, so you have to employ some flexibility when reading. :lol:

Matheus KS
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by Matheus KS » 11 Jan 2011 13:11

My English classes are not worth it. :oops:

Wow, I bought my computer in 2006 ...
I'd better buy a new one, because it's no use I buy new memory cards and video card. The motherboard (so bad that I think came from Paraguay, hehe) does not support ATI Radeon, Nvidia GeForce or memory. :cry:

Motherboard: AsRock (do not ask the model) supports 2 GB of RAM (but I better not put it, this board is suspected), supporting Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading. There are other data that do not remember. :x

SCRAP THAT COST ME A FORTUNE! :grmblz:

It cost R$ 2500 or US$ 1481.48.

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Gording » 11 Jan 2011 21:10

Matheus KS wrote:I'd better buy a new one, because it's no use I buy new memory cards and video card. The motherboard (so bad that I think came from Paraguay, hehe) does not support ATI Radeon, Nvidia GeForce or memory.

Motherboard: AsRock (do not ask the model) supports 2 GB of RAM (but I better not put it, this board is suspected), supporting Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading. There are other data that do not remember.
ASRock is a very good brand for desktop PC's (they have a legendary gaming laptop that was a competitor for Alienware)....and the motherboard with all the features you have listed is this one :

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P4VM890

If that's yours, notice it has : one PCI Express x16 slot.

It can use any PCI-E graphics card from nVidia / ATI.

In fact as it can use a modern and much better graphics card (the built in Unichrome is simply disabled in the BIOS) as well as accept up to 2gig of RAM, and has lots of overclocking options, it is safe to say you actually have a more than good chance you can very easily upgrade without spending too much money at all.

Ok it will not be a fire breathing dragon (Intel CPU's have little upgrade room because unlike AMD each new Intel CPU uses a new socket design. Which needs a new motherboard, and system RAM too), but it will be massively more powerful than it is now. If your Pentium 4 (always very warm under load, and Brasil is never cold is it?) has a good heatsink and fan, the overclocking options and extra speed can be gained for free, with just a little time and caution.

Keeping things low temp and low cost, the ATI 5670 is modern (DX11), massively more powerful than a UniChrome IGP, and does not need a lot of watts (under 65W) so even smaller power supplies (and hotter countries) could be ok.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,7031 ... s/Reviews/

There are cheaper options but these are slower, and mostly are the outgoing DX10 graphics cards.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-gr ... 094-2.html

I do not know what prices are like in Brazil techy shops, but the 5670's can be found on NewEgg for below 85US dollars, and a bit of maths could put these around 135-ish Brazillian Reals (you would do best to check local pricing first). :thumbsup:

There are a lot more powerful graphics card, and higher prices, but these depend on your own wallet, desktop cooling, and watts of your power supply. You also don't want to waste money going too fast graphically, as your Pentium 4 would become a bottleneck. Install an extra gig of System RAM too, and all those games you can't play now would all play quite well, with only the very high end games like Crysis / Oblivion etc. needing some medium / low graphics options.

Not a bad upgrade for less than a couple of hundred Real. :mrgreen:

Matheus KS
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by Matheus KS » 12 Jan 2011 18:59

An excellent video card, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT as 1GB DDR2 EVGA DirectX 10, costing $ 118.806 (exchange rate on January 12). http://www.compujob.com.br/produto-upgr ... -evga.ptml :shock:

A motherboard Asus P5G41T-M LX2/BR DDR3 in Brazil costs $ 87.1642 (the exchange rate from January 12). http://www.compujob.com.br/placas-mae-p ... lx2br.ptml. :shock:

They are not expensive (although with the high tax ratio of articles on computer), but I can not buy anything without permission from my mother. :(

Solved! :1
A picture from my PC, a Epcom Silver.

Matheus KS
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by Matheus KS » 12 Jan 2011 19:01

Thanks, Gording!

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Gording » 13 Jan 2011 02:35

Matheus KS wrote:An excellent video card, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT DirectX 10, costing $ 118.806
No, it not. It is more expensive than the ATI (199RL vs 135RL), older than the ATI (DX10.1 vs DX11) and slower than the ATI (see the where the ATI destroys the higher spec nV9600GT in the benchmark that follows). It's not excellent, it's a bit poor by comparison.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/rad ... 533-6.html

The ATI 5670 easily beats the nVidia 9600 GT (faster than the nV9500GT) in every benchmark but one. The ATI is cheaper, faster, newer, runs cooler, and uses less electricity. "Steve Austin : the 6 million $ man" would be buying my choice! :lol:
Matheus KS wrote:A motherboard Asus P5G41T-M LX2
No again. The ASRock is more than enough, it is your Unichrome IGP that is the problem, not your whole motherboard/CPU. If you bought a new motherboard, you would also need a new CPU (Intel P4 = socket 487 vs Core Duo = socket 775), probably new system RAM (P4 = DDR vs Core Duo = DDR3), and possibly a new PSU. That's really a new PC, when you don't need it.

My option = free.
Your choice = Motherboard, dual core CPU, Heatsink/fan, new RAM, new power supply unit.

There's no more I can add, until your mum reads this! :wink:

Matheus KS
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by Matheus KS » 13 Jan 2011 19:04

Gording, the motherboard and video card were only suggestions. :thumbsup:

My computer is extremely slow (enough to take more than 2 minutes to open the My Documents :grmblz: ), then why I want to replace the motherboard, video card, RAM memory and processor.

I started researching your suggestions (such as parts availability and prices in Brazil). :pil

I'm looking for a better translator. Or an English course. :lol:

Thank you. :1