Nadeo launcher has stoped working NEED HELP!

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

devil-gamer
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Nadeo launcher has stoped working NEED HELP!

Post by devil-gamer » 12 Jun 2010 20:45

Need help! when i try to start tmuf always a message saying "Nadeo launcher has stoped working" apears
i re installed it about 5 times and all drivers and tm are updated
and i don t know what to do now

sry for my bad english im a german :wink:

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Nadeo launcher has stoped working NEED HELP!

Post by Gording » 13 Jun 2010 01:28

devil-gamer wrote:Need help! when i try to start tmuf always a message saying "Nadeo launcher has stopped working" appears
i re installed it about 5 times and all drivers and tm are updated
and i don t know what to do now
Odd one.

I've never seen that error before, but if you use Windows Explorer and look inside the folder where you installed TMU, you'll hopefully find both "TmForeverLauncher.exe" (which is broken for you), and "TMUnited.exe". They are easy to spot, as they both have the same icon....and they're the only 2 with standard "TM colour bar" icon.

The second file is actually the game EXE. If the Launcher now longer works, just right click and hold on the TMUnited.exe file and drag that to your desktop and let go. Now choose "create a shortcut" from the menu that will pop up, and a new shortcut is made directly to the game's own EXE.

Double clicking that will launch the game, and sidestep the broken Launcher.

Good luck.

devil-gamer
highway camper
highway camper

Post by devil-gamer » 13 Jun 2010 17:22

doesn't work :( but thank you for help :thumbsup:

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 13 Jun 2010 17:24

have you tried to install the free edition, so you can see if it works with that?

devil-gamer
highway camper
highway camper

Post by devil-gamer » 14 Jun 2010 18:37

yes i tryed it and it does't work for me =*(

devil-gamer
highway camper
highway camper

Post by devil-gamer » 20 Jun 2010 12:39

please i want to play tm again HELP ME

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Gording » 20 Jun 2010 14:21

Sorry, but you have given no further information to allow us to guess anymore.

You said the launcher was broken, and I explained how to run the game EXE directly, and how to make a shortcut to allow this. But that doesn't work (why not? Are there errors? Messages? Blues screens of death? Much wailing and gnashing of teeth?)

To us that means the TMUF EXE no longer works either. Launcher no work, game no work....95% dead.

Then Florent (and as the game developer, he of all people, should know!) asked if you'd tried TMN, and you said that doesn't work either (why doesn't it? Even the smallest PC in the world with a built in Intel GPU, low CPU speed, and a tiny amount of RAM tries to play TMN to some extent!).

TMUF Launcher no work, game EXE no work, free game no work = 100% dead

To allow us to guess further anyone should state :
What is your hardware spec? CPU Speed? GPU type? RAM size?
What OS do you use? Firewall software?
What game, and settings do you personally use?
What have you changed between when it worked, and now when it does not?
What have you tried to get it working?

Without some input from you, there is no hope for us guessing endlessly, sorry.

04596mza
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by 04596mza » 22 Jun 2010 04:27

hi! i have TMNF. I can play it before but then after several re-installation (because i want to manage and free up my hard disk space), my TMNF doesn't longer work. i had done all of whatever step stated above but it still does not work. after i click play, then nothing happen. i tried to open windows task manager and it shows that TMForever.exe (which is i think maybe one of the process for launching TMNF) only consume about less than 5MB of memory.

my Notebook specs are as below:
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Turion II Dual Core M520 2.3GHz
2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
AMD 785GX Express Chipset Family
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
384MB 64Bit- Shared up to 1022MB

i have installed Avira Antivirus Free Edition, Spybot and Zone Alarm Firewall

Before this, I have no setting that i usually set it to my TMNF, i just install and play it. But now, i do not know what to do.. hope anyone can help. Thanks in advance,

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Gording » 25 Jun 2010 03:16

Patience people...patience. I got yer PM's.

Anyway I hunted out and installed an old version of ZoneAlarm (never heard of Avira, so I'll avoid testing that), to keep things as close as possible. I tested TMSX, TMUF, and TMNF.

As usual I'll explain this a little bit in detail so those who are here, and those who come after, will hopefully be able to follow and understand the correct process.

Step 1: Run the game Launcher, and press the "Configure" button.

Step 2: Disable "Fullscreen" so the game runs in Windowed mode.

This is not vital, but some systems and graphics drivers may have problems switching screen modes to show pop ups that appear behind a full screen game display (and the mouse pointer can often get lost, or flicker in and out of view in fullscreen mode too) that has main application focus.

By running in a Window you can always see the desktop and look for any pop ups that your own systems may generate. So it's good for problem solving generally to run in a Window until you're all set up and working, then you can run in fullscreen mode if you prefer.

Step 3 : Danger Will Robinson! Danger!!!!

I tested TM Sunrise Extreme, TM Nations Forever, and Trackmania United Forever, and the Task Manager (which is accessed by pressing CTRL+ALT+Delete all at once) showed memory usage was 7,700K, 8,400K, and 10,700K......not 5,000K (5meg).

It does flicker up and down by a few kilobytes as the Launcher loses primary focus to the Task Manager, but not a great deal. So unless the Steam version of the TM Launcher is an unduly small Memory load, you've got an oddity right there with just a 5meg memory loading. You'd need to confirm your game zip size, and more details such as where you downloaded from as well I'd expect, and also try Downloading TMNF from another alternative site (hundreds can appear if you search the interweb) such as ;

http://www.gamershell.com/search/?q=trackmania

Step 4 : Press "Play" on the game launcher. This is where most have problems. At this point as TM is an online game it tries to access the internet. But because we are all on the scary interweeble we have firewalls, chains, locks, armed security guards, rabid dogs, and so on to prevent infections and buffoons....er....hackers. In this case the ZoneAlarm firewall should pop up and ask for user input to allow TM a connection.

Again there are millions of possible combinations of users/software/hardware choices in the world, so it's always possible that users don't know how their firewall works, or even if it pops up questions, or just sits quietly blocking everything in sight just for the fun of it all.

As you've just run TM here, and it's TM trying to access the Internet now, it's safe, so you should "Remember the setting", and "Allow". It should not have to ask again after you do this.

TM will itself have popped open a message box telling you it's trying to access the wild and nasty world of the internet too, and until you allow it through your own Firewall, the "OK" option is completely greyed out, and you cannot go any further.

Step 5 : Now you've allowed the Launcher and port2350 access to the internet and the game to act as a server, the TM message box "OK" button becomes live, and you can now press it. If you're watching the Task Manager's memory usage which won't really have moved up until now, it'll really start flying up toward 90ish meg and beyond, the game is now running....hopefully.

Step 6 : And here is the infamous point where thousands stick as their Firewall is an unknown to them, it certainly won't allow them to go any further.....Ladies and Gentleparps...the dreaded "Please Wait" screen.

This should only last 10 or so seconds but if you can count the minutes, you'll more than likely have to open up your own security/firewall options, and get on the internet and search for help on how to use you own security software and firewall properly, because you're going nowhere fast, until you do! For those who have decided to not run in windowed mode, and if their PC has difficulty switching screen modes, they can now become completely stuck with their PC's seemingly frozen as they cannot switch to their desktop to get to any pop ups or message boxes...pay heed, run in Windowed mode! :shock:

Until TM can get a working connection and get past this "Please wait" screen, this might be all you'll might ever see. In a proper functioning PC/software setup, even without a connection this screen should time out after 30 or so seconds and realise you're not connected and offer you the option to play offline, but there are some PC's that seemingly get stuck in an infinite loop of "try then deny", and never get past the "Please wait".

Step 7 : Now the game connects to the Nadeo server to verify your username and account (first time users will have to create one of their own before this stage) logins etc. Again this takes a few blinks of the eye....not minutes.

Step 8 : The game now verifies it's own files and scans you car garage. If you have hundreds of car zips in there...and a slow laptop style hard drive from 10 years ago this can be a slow process and take a couple of minutes. Otherwise it whooshes by in fractions of a second.

Step 9 : Oh so near...you should get flexing those fingers and warming up, you're connected and can see the first screen! :thumbsup: If you have one of those pesky brain things (can i borrow it?), you'll press the "Play Online" option now, and then join a server (thousands to choose from around the globe, and some even in your own country I'd expect!)

Try your own location first as most there will be able to speak to you....press space key, then type in the chat cursor, and press return to send. Simple.

Good luck all ye who follow. :sweet:

04596mza
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by 04596mza » 27 Jun 2010 05:26

Thanks mate!..i'll try it..

Street Racer 77
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Street Racer 77 » 21 Jul 2010 22:52

Hey guys I´m new here and I need help.

This is the whole story of my situation^^ :

Well, after a long time I installed track mania again. I played the last few does and had great fun again. Yesterday after I played a bit I went in my dinningroom to eat something. After I came back and started the Nadeo launcher an error message apears. You can guess wich one : ' Nadeo launcher has stoped working'. The weird thing is my Nadeo launcher doesn´t even have started to launch when the message came. I re-installed it 1000 times without success.

I need help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Tony