XmlRpc @ Perl

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

MALEADt
pedestrian
pedestrian

XmlRpc @ Perl

Post by MALEADt » 01 May 2006 20:14

Hi everybody!
I'm trying to create some remote-control applet for TrackMania Nations, but I'm having problems connecting to the xmlrpc server...

Can anybody explain how to submit requests using perl? I didn't found a xmlrpc module, which supports GBX (is this neccesary?)...
The only modules I found do support http or smtp transport, which isn't the protocol TrackMania uses...
Can anybody help me on the right path?

Any help greately appreciated!
MALEADt

eyez
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by eyez » 01 May 2006 21:20

This would be much easier in PHP as the server comes with a modified xmlrpc module which supports gbx. I think to get it working in perl you'd have to study the GBXremote.php file that comes with the server and try re-writing an xmlrpc module in perl. Apart from that I dunno :?

Marck
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

]

Post by Marck » 02 May 2006 07:26

As far as I know there's no Perl module for GBX (yet). You probably have to write one by yourself. Basically, it is plain XML-RPC over a socket interface; the GBX protocol just adds size information and a handle identifier to support callbacks. There are XML-RPC modules for Perl that you could use as a basis for a GBX module implementation. Have a look into the sources of the PHP and C/C++ implementations by Nadeo (they come with the dedicated server) to get an idea about how to do it. I did this to implement a GBX module for Python. Maybe using Python instead of Perl is an option for you? ;-)

MALEADt
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by MALEADt » 02 May 2006 15:53

too bad i don't know enough of perl-modules to create my own, i'll have to fall back to existing programs.
Before I install python or php, does there exist a c(++) xmlrpc-over-gbx program?

thanks for the help, maleadt

Marck
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Marck » 02 May 2006 21:53

MALEADt wrote:does there exist a c(++) xmlrpc-over-gbx program?
Yes, the Trackmania Dedicated Server distribution comes with source code for both C and C++ APIs that provide for XML-RPC over GBX transport. You can find more information about the Dedicated Server in thread Dedicated server ! (windows and linux) in the Toolbox subforum.

MALEADt
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by MALEADt » 03 May 2006 11:40

blast, i was still using a old dedicated server release, which didn't include that C-library. thanks for the info!
maleadt

MALEADt
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by MALEADt » 03 May 2006 12:25

Sorry for the double post, but i cannot seem to compile the included xmlrpc-c package. "configure" is missing, is this normal?

thanks in advance, maleadt

Marck
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Marck » 03 May 2006 13:15

MALEADt wrote:"configure" is missing, is this normal?
You need to run autoconf to generate it from file configure.in.

MCWulf
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by MCWulf » 03 May 2006 14:24

hi,

because my probleme is similar to this topic, i dont want to open a new one...

So... Same question as at the start of the thread, but: Is it possible to do this things with visual basic 6 ?
re-writing of the gbx-php-file isnt possible to me, not because I dont know much about vb, but because i dont know much about php *g*

or should i install servicepack2 (iehhhh) and then C#.net or something like this? is this easier? ^^

Thanks! ^^
MfG
MC Wulf | mofc.de

Board: DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
Graphic: NVidia GeForce 7800GTX
RAM: 4x Infinieon DDR2 1GB